WSJ: US Trade deficit climbs 10%

Someone should sit Trump down and explain the Twin Deficits Hypothesis to him.

Dumbshit Donald thinks the problem is China, when in fact it is his own record spending which is the problem.

Our trade deficits are skyrocketing. Our trade deficit with China is at the highest in history. Our trade deficit with Mexico is also exploding.

Our federal deficit has gone nuclear, rising 77 percent higher than last year!

Federal spending is at record highs, and the fake tax cut has reduced federal revenues.

President Clinton is an unmitigated disaster.

Oh wait...

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump’s second year in office

Mexico can thank the US for its record-high trade surplus

Mexico sure is paying for TH3 WALLE, eh?

U.S. Trade Gap Surged to $621 Billion in 2018, Highest in Decade

I wonder if increased consumption of goods as a result of an “EXPLODING” economy has caused the gap to widen?
WHOOPSIE!

Standard macroeconomic theory points to how a budget deficit can be a contributing factor to a current account deficit. This link can be seen from considering the national accounting model of the economy: Y=C+I+G+(X-M),
where Y represents national income or GDP, C is consumption, I is investment, G is government spending and X–M stands for net exports. This represents GDP because all the production in an economy (the left hand side of the equation) is used as consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G), and goods that are exported in excess of imports (NX). Another equation defining GDP using alternative terms (which in theory results in the same value is Y=C+S+T, where Y is again GDP, C is consumption, S is saving, and T is taxes. This is because national income is also equal to output, and all individual income either goes to pay for consumption (C), to pay taxes (T), or is saved (S).

Twin deficits hypothesis - Wikipedia

Standard macroeconomic theory points to how a budget deficit can be a contributing factor to a current account deficit. This link can be seen from considering the national accounting model of the economy:

{\displaystyle Y=C+I+G+(X-M),}
1501c87d2fa8d3f18dab099faaaa1ba197383712

where Y represents national income or GDP, C is consumption, I is investment, G is government spending and X–M stands for net exports. This represents GDP because all the production in an economy (the left hand side of the equation) is used as consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G), and goods that are exported in excess of imports (NX). Another equation defining GDP using alternative terms (which in theory results in the same value[citation needed]) is

{\displaystyle Y=C+S+T,}
5fc137547cb4c554b37a8bb132f7c8ad2ddbb4b5

where Y is again GDP, C is consumption, S is saving, and T is taxes. This is because national income is also equal to output, and all individual income either goes to pay for consumption (C), to pay taxes (T), or is saved (S).

Cool, so tell us how your quality of life has changed as a direct result of debt and deficit spending and tell us what spending you are outraged about? This should be a simple task for a fiscal genius...no?

Our trade deficits are skyrocketing. Our trade deficit with China is at the highest in history. Our trade deficit with Mexico is also exploding.

Federal spending is at record highs, and the fake tax cut has reduced federal revenues.

Oh wait...

The U.S. trade deficit in goods with China set a new record during President Donald Trump’s second year in office

I wonder if increased consumption of goods as a result of an “EXPLODING” economy has caused the gap to widen?
WHOOPSIE!
See post 14.

Whoopsie!

Oh wait...

This is GREAT news for AmeriKKKa; Trump is setting yet another RECORD.

Wow!!!

I don't have to offer a counter to a logical fallacy. Your argument implodes all by itself.

Try again.
So, any fallacious argument fails without counter-argument?

Okay. Let's start with yours.

Cause-Effect Fallacy:
Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia

Your whole thread is now SHIT.

:laughing0301:
Lol the republican counterargument is now “you thought my b-b-b-b-b-b-but Hillary was lame?! Well HAHA I win!” *trade deficit explodes*

Standard macroeconomic theory points to how a budget deficit can be a contributing factor to a current account deficit. This link can be seen from considering the national accounting model of the economy:

{\displaystyle Y=C+I+G+(X-M),}
1501c87d2fa8d3f18dab099faaaa1ba197383712

where Y represents national income or GDP, C is consumption, I is investment, G is government spending and X–M stands for net exports. This represents GDP because all the production in an economy (the left hand side of the equation) is used as consumption (C), investment (I), government spending (G), and goods that are exported in excess of imports (NX). Another equation defining GDP using alternative terms (which in theory results in the same value[citation needed]) is

{\displaystyle Y=C+S+T,}
5fc137547cb4c554b37a8bb132f7c8ad2ddbb4b5

where Y is again GDP, C is consumption, S is saving, and T is taxes. This is because national income is also equal to output, and all individual income either goes to pay for consumption (C), to pay taxes (T), or is saved (S).

Cool, so tell us how your quality of life has changed as a direct result of debt and deficit spending and tell us what spending you are outraged about? This should be a simple task for a fiscal genius...no?
You are publicly admitting that you don't know how trade deficits are a bad thing?

Really?

Your lord and master Donald Trump has been ranting against trade deficits for years. You know...manufacturing jobs, blah blah blah.

Refer to post 5. You could have just said "I pick number 2".

Trump rails against trade deficits, and the crowd cheers. Then Trump starts a trade war, and we are losing, bigly. Trade deficits explode.

The crowd is now like, "Duhhhhhhh, so wut?"

You just can't fight this level of profound retardation.

This is right out of Orwell.

"We have always been okay with record trade deficits."

Fail. You really should take a course in Logic, retard.
I did. At Texas A&M University, 1998. I still have the textbook with the cheesy title "The Power of Logic". (Got the 3rd highest grade out of 100 students)

:dance:

ALL arguments have fallacy!!!

Identifying the fallacy does NOT defeat the argument. The fallacy helps formulate the counter-argument.

In your example:

False Dicotomy is the fallacy.

The actual counter-argument is, "you wrongly assume that you had only one choice."

To which I would respond, "No. I was simply making a joke that the main alternative was better (it was not). I made no argument for a one-or-the-other choice. Gary Johnson? Jill Stein?"

You wrongly assume that President Trump is the cause of a trade deficit. (Cause/Efffect Fallacy). There are MANY reasons for trade deficits. MOST of them our not within the control of the President.

:dunno:

Oh wait...

This is GREAT news for AmeriKKKa; Trump is setting yet another RECORD.

Wow!!!

The largest trade gap with China in American history. Trump must be proud.

He hates being second to anyone.

I can’t help but wonder if the LefTarded would be bitching about debt and deficits if ALL the spending was funneled toward Wetbacks, bottom feeding degenerates and the rest of those within the Party of Filth?
g5000 I’m certain you can link us to your threads where you expressed your outrage when the Kenyan was spending on ShaQuita like a wasted sailor in a Whore House full of virgin Playboy models....RIGHT?

Oh wait...

What do people expect when they elect a fvcking clown to run the United States?

Record trade deficits, record fiscal deficits, record after record.

Make Deficits Great Again

Oh wait...

Ironically, domestic growth and demand for goods is fueling the imports. It points out the foolish of Comrade Trump's adoption of Putin's view of free trade.

Oh wait...

Okay Drama Queen cool, now tell us how your quality of life has changed as a result of “EXPLODING” trade deficits. We’re standing by.
Since you are all about racism, let me put it to you this way, retard: The MEXICANS are winning! :lol:

The slanty eyed Chinee are winning! :lol:

Forum List

Back