Written up!!

They are issued work uniforms. Thats what he should have been wearing. I have a “Black Lives Matter” shirt. I don’t wear it at work because its not appropriate.

The more "common sense" prevails, the less regulation and rules we need.

Out in California, the tidal wave of laws and regs under a ONE PARTY state has a predictable outcome. When you can't walk into a building without seeing "warning signs" about questionably dangerous stuff, or enter a park without huge lists of restrictions, you now longer NEED any common sense or judgement. It's all laid out for you.

And those judgement muscles become flabbly and useless and eventually evolution will just breed them right out of Californians.

Lol, ya got freedom of speech on your time not on company time dumb ass. Ya you can swear like a sailor but the company has a right to fire you for it. Your dumb fucking ass think you can go tell clients off or offend clientele and keep your job. Go fucking do it then ass wipe.
No. There were things not known at the time of my post.
1. Was their a company rule against wearing political apparel?
2. Does a confederate flag represent political apparel?
3. Was this only that the service manager feelings got hurt by it?
We were not told these things in the OP. And they matter from a legal P.O.V.

No one got “hurt feelings” over this. He was reported to HR. They asked him to remove the hoodie. He flat out refused. They wrote him up and gave him a week off to reflect.

The more "common sense" prevails, the less regulation and rules we need.

Out in California, the tidal wave of laws and regs under a ONE PARTY state has a predictable outcome. When you can't walk into a building without seeing "warning signs" about questionably dangerous stuff, or enter a park without huge lists of restrictions, you now longer NEED any common sense or judgement. It's all laid out for you.

And those judgement muscles become flabbly and useless and eventually evolution will just breed them right out of Californians.
Thanks for the off topic opinion.

No one got “hurt feelings” over this. He was reported to HR. They asked him to remove the hoodie. He flat out refused. They wrote him up and gave him a week off to reflect.
You work for this FU place do you? Man what are still doing there. RUN!

He clearly stated that the company requires uniform s. That is to start. I can fire employees for any unbecoming or offensive behavior to either side of the spectrum and would. Personal statements can be made on your time not while on my payroll. Sue me I will win. I have fired for people wearing possibly offensive apparel on my property when they were not even on the clock. I go to work for profit. I make no oppoligie for it. Cost me buisness ya get canned it's that simple.

Thanks for the off topic opinion.

That post is actually on target for the topic. Your employee with the Stars and Bars cap REFUSED to use his "judgement muscles or common sense". That's what LEADS to these confrontations. And then that leads to more "sensitivity" from social media keyboard warriors AGAINST symbols and statements of opinion.

I was a "booster" for an auction gallery in High School. Auction gallery was on a beach boardwalk to trap tourist in. Had taken to wearing an Aussie hat with a feather in it. Wore it to work -- got fired. I learned something. It's GREAT beach wear in the summer time -- not REALLY appropriate at work.

That post is actually on target for the topic. Your employee with the Stars and Bars cap REFUSED to use his "judgement muscles or common sense". That's what LEADS to these confrontations. And then that leads to more "sensitivity" from social media keyboard warriors AGAINST symbols and statements of opinion.
Well, it was a hoodie, not a cap. There was really no confrontation. They (HR) said remove the hoodie. He said no. They said sign here. See you next Monday.
You are correct that he didn't use common sense.
I'm pretty sure if you were in the military and your commander told you to do something and you refused, it probably wouldn't end well.
The ironic part is the one person who should have been offended wasn't.
I am the only POC at this dealership. I could care less what anyone wears.

Well, it was a hoodie, not a cap. There was really no confrontation. They (HR) said remove the hoodie. He said no. They said sign here. See you next Monday.
I'm pretty sure if you were in the military and your commander told you to do something and you refused, it probably wouldn't end well.
He chose to march under the traitor-slaver flag instead of work and make money.

Hope he is proud of himself.

I appreciate that you were not triggered by it. That means you have some judgement muscles. Especially if you know this person and are pretty sure "no offense was intended"..

He chose to march under the traitor-slaver flag instead of work and make money.

Hope he is proud of himself.

Stars and Bars is heritage. Not all heritage is worthy or good. But in modern times, some of pre-civil war divisions are poking up their head again. Only backwards tyrannical countries rob people's heritage.

The South was and IS -- still culturally different than the rest of the country. We're PROUD of all the race reconcilation that's happened. And once the DixieCrats were out the way -- we did integration a lot more completely than even what the NORTH has today.

I'd like to design a new Southern flag, but I'm living literally on Civil War battlefields here in Tenn. And it's hard to learn LESSONS from succession by BLOWING up history like the Taliban does. Especially when the NEEDS of the South are STILL different from the needs of the North(East) and politicians are fighting over trying to standardize stuff that doesnt need standardizing like the LOWER "cost of living" in the South. Things like that are what STARTED the Civil War.

Just this week I saw a graph of where Brandon's inflation has hit the worse. Top of the list is southern cities. HIGHER inflation by 2 to 5%. I moved here BECAUSE YOU CAN NO LONGER RETIRE in Cali or ILLINOIS or New York. Those seniors are just screwed. We'll take them, but I think the Dems are DOING THIS ON PURPOSE to ruin the southern advantages and economy.

Last edited:
I appreciate that you were not triggered by it. That means you have some judgement muscles. Especially if you know this person and are pretty sure "no offense was intended"..
I've chatted with him a few times. He seems like a nice enough guy. Probably not a racist. There is something to be said for doing what you're told in the workplace. He's learning that the hard way.

Stars and Bars is heritage.
So is a swastika.

We know the history.

The only reason it persists is because the white masters had a resurgence during reconstruction. You know, when they built all the slaver-traitor statues just to make sure the darkies remembered who was in charge.

It wasn't the business owner it was the service manager. Big difference there.
No, there isn't.
The SM was put in place to enforce policy.
Policies of the business owners.

Funny how you folks find others exercising their rights an affront.

I was always under the impression you types were "constitutionalists" now we see you're just faith in the constitution is only about what you think are YOUR rights. Screw everyone else.

That is why you fail

How shallow of a life does one have to have to get off on and post about a coworkers write up?
Asking because I've never played in the kiddy pool.

So is a swastika.

We know the history.

The only reason it persists is because the white masters had a resurgence during reconstruction. You know, when they built all the slaver-traitor statues just to make sure the darkies remembered who was in charge.

Yeah all good Democrats who feared they'd never get elected again with blacks voting.

I'm Jewish. Swastikas dont trigger me. Because the jerks who beat off to them now are pitiful creatures that really dont threaten me. I worked in Northern Germany for awhile -- EVERYONE knew by name I was probably Jewish and I was REALLY REALLY uneasy with the constant apologies and pandering, even tho my family tree got pruned by about 25% in the war.

Slaver-traitor statues? All past Democrats, Or predecessors to Democrats. THAT bothers me. Because the NAME of the party is a BIGGER offense to me than Confederate flag and certainly -- those statues. That's probably why Nidget Nancy started to STRIP STATUES out of the halls of Congress HUH ???? :dev3:

Blacks that have deep Southern roots even have "a southern heritage". Like the black docents at all our local antebellum mansions and civil war sites. THEY -- are not afraid or triggered by books in the bookstore that show covers with the Confederate flag on them. More sophisticated than you are about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back