Would you want to start over again?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
I hope this subject isn't a repost but-

Would you want to start your life over again, but with the knowledge you have now? Someone asked me this at a class reunion a few years back, though tempting, I'd have to say "No" the knowledge I have now would have made things easier and certainly more prosperous, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

How about you?

Would you want to start your life over again, but with the knowledge you have now? Someone asked me this at a class reunion a few years back, though tempting, I'd have to say "No" the knowledge I have now would have made things easier and certainly more prosperous, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

How about you?
This issue is not as simple as most movies would have you believe.
First of all, my children, who were conceived at a specific point in time and space, would not exist in the new reality.
Second of all, if you really think about this, at what moment in your life would you start to alter your current life?
When you're 5?
When you're 10?
When you're 15?
When you're 20?

How about you?
I think "the knowledge I have now" would have made impossible to be a kid. Ask permission to go to the bath room??? Yeah, right.

Not if I had to do it in present day. If I could do it starting in the fifties, I'd do it in a hot second. Lordy, I have learned a lot of valuable shit and I'd love having the chance to redo the spots where I allowed someone to take advantage of me.

The sixties was nothing but sleazy indoctrination in this country, and if I could go through it again, knowing that none of that shit mattered the least little bit, I would change so many things.

How about you?

I would pursue Homesteading with what I know now and would have loved true living with home grown fresh food and home grown meat clean air and water.

I would repeat numerous periods in my life over again knowing what I know now. Really at every stage in my life, starting from when I was in grade school.

Without question, I would not be living in Canada today. If it were my choice I wouldn't have even had spent my childhood and youth here.

The best I can do now to achieve justice is to speak the truth to as much of the world as I can. Businesses, police agencies, politicians and the like outside of Canada. It is a small measure of justice since I know my system and even the obedient citizens in this nation who are a product of this system and contribute to fellow citizens demise.

We are not what the P.R department presents to the world...

How about you?
If I could start over again 1951 with my current knowledge, maybe. But to start today? No way. I have real concerns for our children--insanity seems to rule the world today.

I am close to being able to do it but now 62 years old when I should have done it 30 years ago.

Well, there is another aspect to this question as well. How much have we changed as people that we may have changed if we knew what we know now?

For instance. When I was young I was very quiet and introspective. Even shy. I came out of my shell during sports, but ultimately I was a follower.

After you get kicked around in life, you go from being quiet and a victim to outspoken and combative. If not, you will continue to get kicked around and abused.

It's why I say I understand how Trump became what he is today with his headstrong attitude, or so many other well known people.

Do we change as humans, or, does our environment/circumstance change that forces a shift in our own personalities?

How about you?
I think if I could start over in the 50s, I would try my level best to repopulate the world in my image with as many willing partners as I could.

Forum List

Back