Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

Would you go to work if you were not being paid?

• Yes

• No

• What is this "work" thing you speak of

Results are only viewable after voting.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
In a different thread one of our members told me they would keep going to work even if they were no longer getting paid.

To me that sounds crazy, so I thought i would see if other agree with him.

I own my own business. What I am able to pay myself varies from year to year along with the success of the business.

I average around 50 hours a week working, and I do this in good times as well as bad. It's what I do, and I enjoy it. It gives me purpose, it keeps my brain focused and ensures I am active and connected even as most of my friends of a similar age are now retired.

What jobs would you do for free?

Well right now I'm currently unemployed, but if I'm lucky enough to find a job I love then yes I would do it for free. Like working with animals or something. I actually was a volunteer at a shelter for a while and that was free and I didn't mind one bit. :)

Circumstances matter...
25 years ago, my ex-wife worked for a small-town Lawyer running his office... Said Barrister had another larger office in larger town about 40 miles away...
Lawyer fell out of a Tree stand while Deer hunting and broke his back... Laid up for 6 months...
Wife and I collectively decided while we were not wealthy, we were blessed with a home and plenty of sustenance for us and our children...
I forget how long she went without pay, but we knew it was just temporary and eventually you reap what you sow...
She kept his office open and running and bringing in revenue as well as she could...

This was in Indiana so money did not mean as much as it does here in the Banana Republic...

Definite no.
But working in construction, everyone I know is always trying to get me to do shit on their house for free.
I always wondered if doctors and lawyers get asked for free service from their friends?

I always wondered if doctors and lawyers get asked for free service from their friends?
Hell yea they do...

Lawyer I spoke of had this sign hanging in his office...

1645118322726.png

Forum List

Back