worst wrestling gimmicks of all time

The people were pissed this date in 1986, when Jim Cornette cowardly hit The Perfect Ten with a tennis racket in the middle of the ring. Cornette , as well as the Midnight Express, got literally thousands of death threats after he made the mistake of attacking Baby Doll.

The people were pissed this date in 1986, when Jim Cornette cowardly hit The Perfect Ten with a tennis racket in the middle of the ring. Cornette , as well as the Midnight Express, got literally thousands of death threats after he made the mistake of attacking Baby Doll.

I always enjoyed the crowds reaction they were going wild ! :clap: :D

It seems that many don't realize that Pro-Wrestling is "Scripted".

It seems that many don't realize that Pro-Wrestling is "Scripted".
Neither Mr. Cornette nor the Perfect Ten were wrestling competitors and this incident occurred outside of a sanctioned match. So there wasn't any kind of fixed match here at all.

Neither Mr. Cornette nor the Perfect Ten were wrestling competitors and this incident occurred outside of a sanctioned match. So there wasn't any kind of fixed match here at all.
I am not familiar with this particular incident so I guess it is possible that it wasn't "scripted", in other words a stunt. That being said, it is not uncommon for wrestlers to stage such stunts whether it's part of a sanctioned match or not. By default I believe it to be a stunt unless there is an actual police report and someone gets arrested.

I am not familiar with this particular incident so I guess it is possible that it wasn't "scripted", in other words a stunt. That being said, it is not uncommon for wrestlers to stage such stunts whether it's part of a sanctioned match or not. By default I believe it to be a stunt unless there is an actual police report and someone gets arrested.

Why would you bother calling the police, if you could just settle the dispute in the ring like civilized people?

Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for the world title in 1984.

One of the most important moments in US history.

The Iron Sheik was originally scheduled to give Bob Backlund a rematch and rematch was scheduled for Tehran , Iran with the entire leadership in attendance. However, Backlund was injured and Hogan moved in as the last minute replacement. Further, there was a problem with the schedule for the arena in Tehran so they moved the match to Madison Square Garden.

The Sheik, had he been successful, fully intended to take the world title with him back to Iran forever.

Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for the world title in 1984.

One of the most important moments in US history.

The Iron Sheik was originally scheduled to give Bob Backlund a rematch and rematch was scheduled for Tehran , Iran with the entire leadership in attendance. However, Backlund was injured and Hogan moved in as the last minute replacement. Further, there was a problem with the schedule for the arena in Tehran so they moved the match to Madison Square Garden.

The Sheik, had he been successful, fully intended to take the world title with him back to Iran forever.

the Sheik still holds a grudge to this day, just look at his hilarious twitter account

Adrian Adonis originally wanted to impress the ladies by showing off his impressive physique, but ended up looking gay

Forum List

Back