worst wrestling gimmicks of all time

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i'll start with Damien Demento...he appeared in the 1st main event of RAW, in a losing effort to the Undertaker

FKLU3-3XoAMPAH7

The Booty Man played by Brutus Beefcake

FKLdbnAWQAMsYAD

FKLdmITXMAQ0YEN

Darren "Puke" Drozdov, whose gimmick was that he could puke whenever he wanted. ugh

FKLYnnUWQAAU0Fm

Chris Kanyon as Mortis

FKLZZy0WQAQhw_g

FKLZhlYX0AImSz5

FKLZsE-XMAIB9ux

The Berzerker character was meant to win the child audience. it alienated everyone else

FKLbHE1X0AQCwzK

The Master Blaster, a lame gimmick played by Kevin Nash

FKLcRp1XEAIbe1d

Last edited:
The Sheik.

Back in the 1970s he would bite his opponents. It was around when color TVs were the new thing and you could see the blood.
I remember seeing the Wrestling Mags in stores when I was a kid in the 70s. The wrestlers would often have bloody faces (usually from razor cuts near the hair line for the purpose of bleeding). I also watched Mid-Atlantic Wrestling on Saturdays after the cartoons went off. There was no bleeding for the matches on TV. People had to go to the main events in person on Fridays to see the blood.

• Banned
Kevin Thorne, a sci-fi inspired character

FKMNHgfXoAYL4Cf

El Gigante, a failed Argentinian basketball player drafted by the Atlanta Hawks. WCW was in Atlanta, so they thought we might as well sign him

FKMN4-YXwAEZBY9

Glacier!

FKMO3m3X0AEUtsC

Last edited:
Never been a fan of the lucha libre masks. Wish they had stayed in Mexico

• Banned
Major Stash aka Hammer liked to smoke weed!

FKMPcsuWQAURukL

Earthquake was known as The Shark Man in WCW

FKMPxUOXEAkts5e

I guess you gotta dig deep when all the good gimmicks have already been taken

The Renegade! a gimmick created by Hulk Hogan as a ripoff to the Ultimate Warrior. Hogan was famously jealous of the Warrior and refused to lose to him in WCW, while losing to everyone else...he committed suicide in real life after being released from the company in 1998

FKMUfRhXwAAOgS7

FKMUu62XMAsqHts

FKMU6uyXwAQKbGl

HulkHogan, Ultimate Warrior was all gimmick. Not a lot of moves in their matches just a lot of posing then one or two moves.
I have seen a lot of bad gimmicks over the decades. The Boogeyman comes to mind and when I was a kid an opening match wrestler dressed up as his low-rent version of Satan. It was awful but we kids were supposed to BOO! so we did.

1643411666347.png
Anyone remember this guy ? Quasimodo. Although he seen a lot of success in the prorasslin game. He Performed world wide.
I always even as a child I thought it was one of the worst gimmicks.

Forum List

Back