worst wrestling gimmicks of all time

Don Muraco was always an off-the-wall character in the ring. I see from the interviews it wasn't all just his in-ring persona. ;) He was always entertaining being face or heel.

Don Muraco was always an off-the-wall character in the ring. I see from the interviews it wasn't all just his in-ring persona. ;) He was always entertaining being face or heel.

Muraco was good at bending the rules. I remember his match on TV where he and his manager, the Fearless Captain Louis Albano, ate their lunch DURING a match. It was a meatball sandwich.

The owner of the company was at ringside and was outraged but nothing he could do as it wasn't against the rules.

But Albano got his comeuppance as he slipped on a meatball and fell .

FOs3eXrXMBYHHQQ

Glacier says Dusty Rhodes was his favorite wrestler growing up, and describes how wrestling Hacksaw Butch Reed on his debut catapulted his career (in the shoot interview i posted above)

"we were overly aggressive...we never hurt them really, but we were tough, and they didn't like him" - Rick Steiner

Luther Lindsay was a talented football player who was trained by Stu Hart to be a wrestling star. He held titles for Stampede, NWA, and All Japan. Tragically he died in the ring when he suffered a heart attack, but still won the match!

The same happened to a wrestler down here. He went by Bubba Douglas also died of a heart attack in the ring.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back