World to end in 2030.

I do believe climate change is a real problem, on top of other really serious problems, like the threat of Western values by increasingly bolder autocracies like Russia and China ... but I think it's unlikely either problem will just miraculously vanish in 2030.

What's more likely is that we will do too little, too late, and have to live in a world where extreme weather conditions become increasingly likely and life will be much more costy and uncomfortable, and if we're unlucky, we will lose freedom and have to live under tyrannic governments who keep telling us lies to distract from the world increasingly going to hell ... for the rest of the century, after 2030.

I do believe climate change is a real problem, on top of other really serious problems, like the threat of Western values by increasingly bolder autocracies like Russia and China ... but I think it's unlikely either problem will just miraculously vanish in 2030.

What's more likely is that we will do too little, too late, and have to live in a world where extreme weather conditions become increasingly likely and life will be much more costy and uncomfortable, and if we're unlucky, we will lose freedom and have to live under tyrannic governments who keep telling us lies to distract from the world increasingly going to hell ... for the rest of the century, after 2030.

I agree. What people fail to understand is that loss of freedom is directly related to irresponsible behavior. Nowhere is this truer than here in America.

I do believe climate change is a real problem,

Why?

The climate has been in a state of constant change for 4.7 billion years.

Why is it suddenly a problem, right at the time it can be leveraged to give tyrants power?

on top of other really serious problems, like the threat of Western values by increasingly bolder autocracies like Russia and China ... but I think it's unlikely either problem will just miraculously vanish in 2030.

Dooms day is an old racket.

Priests and Shamans have pointed to smoldering volcanos for thousand of years and demanded the peasants gold and virgin daughters to appease the gods.

Global warming is the same old scam.

Sure.

But if your obey your rulers without question and give up a middle class lifestyle you'll be a hero and save the planet.

Why?

Why is it suddenly a problem, right at the time it can be leveraged to give tyrants power?

Priests and Shamans have pointed to smoldering volcanos for thousand of years and demanded the peasants gold and virgin daughters to appease the gods.

Sure.

But if your obey your rulers without question and give up a middle class lifestyle you'll be a hero and save the planet.

Well, you could look up science on that matter. There is no doubt among scientists all around the world that man made climate change is a reality and will have severe consequences. When you do research on the matter without ideological blinders, you'll find that, too.

But when you've decided you better listen to propaganda and/or your gut feelings, rather looking up facts, I doubt I can convince you here.

Why?

Sure.

No need to give it up if it's paid for. ;)

Have you looked at the world lately. It's a mess.

I study a lot of history.

More of the same.

For 5,000 years of human history tyrants have ruled the people.

For a brief moment of 200 years a nation arose where the people were in charge.

The tyrants don't like that, which is why the left assaults our constitution and system of government.

Tienamin Square has started in Ottowa. The tyrants will not stand for freedom. Freedom is hard won and so very easily lost.

I study a lot of history.

More of the same.

For 5,000 years of human history tyrants have ruled the people.

For a brief moment of 200 years a nation arose where the people were in charge.

The tyrants don't like that, which is why the left assaults our constitution and system of government.

Tienamin Square has started in Ottowa. The tyrants will not stand for freedom. Freedom is hard won and so very easily lost.

Yes. The Republican party has given up the belief in freedom and democracy by allowing Trump to run the show. Now they no longer respect the Constitution, but openly say they will only accept the result of elections, when they win.

If a Republican wins in 2024? This little 200 year experiment of rule by the people will be over, and America become just another tyrannic banana republic.

Yes. The Republican party has given up the belief in freedom and democracy by allowing Trump to run the show. Now they no longer respect the Constitution, but openly say they will only accept the result of elections, when they win.

If a Republican wins in 2024? This little 200 year experiment of rule by the people will be over, and America become just another tyrannic banana republic.
I'd be curious as to what you would call the regime we are under now. Seems more of a Mobocracy to me.

The battle for freedom won't take place at the ballot box or in Washington D.C. :mad:

The battle for freedom won't take place at the ballot box or in Washington D.C. :mad:

Yeah, no matter who wins the 2024 election, a Republican will have won. And if this silly public doesn't agree, they'll find tricks to putsch to power.

Prepare yourself for living under a government that doesn't care for elections.

Forum List

Back