World Cup 2022 Qatar Thread

i buy jerseys no matter what's the design. i like to support the individual players, if not the team. i have around 100 jerseys including De Bruyne, Neymar, Griezmann, Lewandowski and other world stars, while some are lesser known talents
I don’t buy jerseys for any of the teams I follow (MLB, NHL, NFL, etc…) very often. They tend to get destroyed or disposed of when I get upset with the team’s performance, which is more often than I’d like. I’m definitely not paying $95+ for a very mediocre jersey from a team that has at least a 50/50 chance of not getting out of the qualifying round of the tournament.

Well, I'd bet money the U.S. won't beat England, have we ever? Not sure about Wales but we can beat Iran. I have no idea which country is the one to beat. Argentina? Portugal? France? England?

It's going to be interesting to watch, it's the only time I watch soccer, but I can see why it's so popular around the world when the WC is on.

Yes, actually. We beat England at Belo Horizonte 1-0 in the 1950 World Cup.

Fun fact, the US is undefeated against England, drawing them 1-1 in the 2010 tournament in South Africa.

USA is 1-1-0 against England.

The World Cup is almost upon us. The United States is in Group B along with England, Iran and Wales. America's matches are as follows

Monday November 21, 2pm ET - USA v Wales, FOX
Friday November 25, 2pm ET - England v USA, FOX
Tuesday November 29, 2pm - Iran v USA, FOX

This is not an easy group. The US will do well to qualify for the next round.

Other group matches of note

Thursday November 24, 2pm ET - Brazil v Serbia, FOX
Saturday November 26, 11am ET - Argentina v Mexico, FS1
Sunday November 27, 2pm ET - Spain v Germany, FS1

Currently, Brazil is the favorite to win it all. Odds on winning

Brazil 4:1
Argentina 5:1
France 6:1
Spain 8:1
England 8:1
Germany 10:1
Portugal 14:1
USA 100:1
Unfortunately, I don't see the US making it to the next round. Other teams are faster and go wider (they're able to cover the ground). Eventually, that creates openings.

the Qatari commentator Youssef Seif won't stop complaining about their loss against Ecuador

give it a rest, grandpa

Two poor games to start the tournament. Ticketing issues and big gaps in the stands. Not a great start to the showpiece.

There were 10 non Qataris in their team and half the crowd walked out at half time.

Its a plastic toutnament in a plastic country and at the moment is struggling to enthuse.

Hopefully Sanegal/Holland will light it up.

BTW my brother and his party are having a great time over there.

Good that we got a point against Wales. I don't think that's going to fly against England. So that will be a single point going into Iran. We have to beat Iran.

Two poor games to start the tournament. Ticketing issues and big gaps in the stands. Not a great start to the showpiece.

There were 10 non Qataris in their team and half the crowd walked out at half time.

Its a plastic toutnament in a plastic country and at the moment is struggling to enthuse.

Hopefully Sanegal/Holland will light it up.

BTW my brother and his party are having a great time over there.
Glad he's having a good time.

I know it will not happen because the gravy train for FIFA/OIC would then stop but this, the Olympics, and a few other major sporting events need to be relegated (pun intended) to just a few nations that already have the infrastructure in place to deal with the events. These stadiums will never be used again for their original purpose and there are other disatrous outcomes:

We need to get away from single cities hosting these events like the Olympics. They need to be national affairs

Benzema out. Thats a blow to France. Or maybe not. They dont seem to function as a team.
France?

94CC084D-F40E-46CC-BF51-9840374BFA14.jpeg

How do you pronounce Qatar? Catter, q-tar, cutter, Quater?

First huge upset in the tournament, one of the biggest ever. Saudi Arabia, who had the longest odds of winning the tournament, beat pre-tournament favourite Argentina 2-1.

Good that we got a point against Wales. I don't think that's going to fly against England. So that will be a single point going into Iran. We have to beat Iran.

Glad he's having a good time.

I know it will not happen because the gravy train for FIFA/OIC would then stop but this, the Olympics, and a few other major sporting events need to be relegated (pun intended) to just a few nations that already have the infrastructure in place to deal with the events. These stadiums will never be used again for their original purpose and there are other disatrous outcomes:

We need to get away from single cities hosting these events like the Olympics. They need to be national affairs
They need to ensure that basic human rights are present. Russia,China and Qatar should not be hosting big events.
Those stadia are a colossal waste of money. Apparently they are air conditioned.

Brazil will beat England in the final
It looks wide open this year. There isnt a great team at the tournament.
Italy are Euro champions and they didnt qualify. Argentina havent been veaten for 3 years so it doesnt suggest South America is up to much.

They need to ensure that basic human rights are present. Russia,China and Qatar should not be hosting big events.
Those stadia are a colossal waste of money. Apparently they are air conditioned.
True. That should go without saying. I was talking about these $200M stadiums being abandoned the moment after the cup is awarded

A Liberian immigrant scored for the US last night. What is your racist problem here ?
It’s hilarious that these Africans represent France or the USA. But that’s exactly what you Great Replacement types want.

Unlike you, I believe in diversity and don’t want to erase white culture. Africans can represent African nations.

Forum List

Back