Wonder if this is the real reason white conservatives hate immigration

Merit based immigration should be limited to above average individuals and their immediate family

meaning wife and children only

I've never heard a con say they hated immigration,,,

now illegal entry is a problem but thats not immigration,,
Now don't go introducing all those facts and logic things. You'll just confuse the poor dears that run on pure emotion. They don't need facts and stuff cause they gots beliefs.

I know this is a stupid question,, but do you have any proof of that??
The conservatives attitude that our legal immigrants should be slanted towards those from white European countries goes back to the Immigration and Nationality Act (1965)..'
A nation that was built by the immigrants of all lands can ask those who seek admission, 'What can you do for our country?' "Johnson said in his 1964 State of the Union address. "But we should not be asking, 'In what country were you born?' "

During the debate over the bill, however, conservatives said it was entirely appropriate to select immigrants on the basis of their national origin. The United States, they argued, was fundamentally an Anglo-Saxon European nation and should stay that way.

Sen. Sam Ervin (D-N.C.) said he objected to the idea of giving people from Ethiopia the same right to immigrate to the United States as people from England, France, Germany, or Holland. "With all due respect to Ethiopia," Ervin said, "I don't know of any contributions that Ethiopia has made to the making of America'

I strongly disagree

so lefties are so on-your-face happy about the expected white minority status they dont even attempt to disguise if
It's a pretty stupid stat, actually. It assume that it's all people of color vs the white folk..which is not even close to the case. It also ignore the fact that the overwhelming majority of capital..is and will be for a very long time...owned by white people. Many of whom..BTW..are totally woke. Most property owned..most industry...etc.--all white folk.
It begs the question..are those the white folk that are all about Conservatism? Well...a few are, for sure---but most movers and shakers went global a long time ago--and the world...well...the world is a whole lot more brown and yellow..than it is white.
Those who see this as a purely racial thing..have missed the boat.

BTW..I think people trot out that White Minority thing--just to piss off the racists out there. It does seem to stick into some people's craw, don't it?

The conservatives attitude that our legal immigrants should be slanted towards those from white European countries goes back to the Immigration and Nationality Act (1965)..'
A nation that was built by the immigrants of all lands can ask those who seek admission, 'What can you do for our country?' "Johnson said in his 1964 State of the Union address. "But we should not be asking, 'In what country were you born?' "

During the debate over the bill, however, conservatives said it was entirely appropriate to select immigrants on the basis of their national origin. The United States, they argued, was fundamentally an Anglo-Saxon European nation and should stay that way.

Sen. Sam Ervin (D-N.C.) said he objected to the idea of giving people from Ethiopia the same right to immigrate to the United States as people from England, France, Germany, or Holland. "With all due respect to Ethiopia," Ervin said, "I don't know of any contributions that Ethiopia has made to the making of America'

Got anything more recent than 70 years ago?

You almost gotta laugh that lefties are so concerned about the crime of trespass on federal property last Jan 6 that they are still hunting down U.S. citizens and throwing them in the gulag. Meanwhile foreign trespassers who enter the U.S. illegally and spread disease are protected as "immigrants". The world is upside down in the hate filled leftie mind.

Of course not, my wife is an immigrant from Latin America. But that has nothing to do with the fact that you're not smart enough to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration, so discussing it with you is pointless. You're simply in WAY over your head.
I know the difference between legal and illegal immigration..the topic is conservatives wanting immigration to be from predominately white countries try and stay on topic.

I asked for proof,,,

Ahh...American Exceptionalism--potent stuff eh?
BTW...We have had quota's based on race, ethnicity and country going as far back as we have had quotas...if fact..that is why we have quotas!
I think the oldest is the law forbidding Asians from becoming citizens. 1794, I think--as old as our country itself.

Ahh...American Exceptionalism--potent stuff eh?
BTW...We have had quota's based on race, ethnicity and country going as far back as we have had quotas...if fact..that is why we have quotas!
I think the oldest is the law forbidding Asians from becoming citizens. 1790--as old as our country itself.

I'm getting kickback from wingers saying all that is so 'old' and not proof of anything. Who are they kidding, they still feel that way today.

I'm getting kickback from wingers saying all that is so 'old' and not proof of anything. Who are they kidding, they still feel that way today.
that would mean the democrats are still KKK supporters,,

do you really want to use ancient history to make your case??

It's because they see the writing on the wall and don't like what they see. The world is becoming more and more bi-racial and it's coming to the good old U.S. of A. The concept of a pure blooded race is going the way of the dinosaur. For instance they keep referring to Mexicans as though they are a race of people..Mexican is not a race due to gene mixing that has been going on for a thousand years..same with other parts of the globe...Middle Eastern marrying Asians..Asians marrying Africans..Africans marrying Caucasians..In less than 50 to 60 years from now so-called pure WASPs will be a minority in this country...

and what do you think the reason is for Hispanic/Latino's and other minorities who don't want open door immigration? what strawman do you have lined up for them?

or do you just conveniently ignore those ones because it doesn't fit your baseless racism claims?

and what do you think the reason is for Hispanic/Latino's and other minorities who don't want open door immigration? what strawman do you have lined up for them?

or do you just conveniently ignore those ones because it doesn't fit your baseless racism claims?
We are not talking open door immigration we are talking current immigration policy, which is not 'open door'..what's with right wingers and their reading comprehension anyway.

Forum List

Back