Women have to PROVE they were raped

If the rapist uses a condom, there is no physical evidence. Often there isn't, and cases can rely only on the testimony of the victim.

Forensic evidence is a must, fibres, hair, anything. You see... you have to prove it. Otherwise is your word against the other one.

Often there IS no physical evidence. You wear gloves, so no fingerprints, a ski mask takes care of any loose hairs, a condom prevents semen so no DNA. A rapist can be very careful in this day and age. Many rapists won't leave any DNA at all, yet they are still caught and jailed.

Do you think a rapist who doesn't leave any physical evidence behind should walk free because his victim failed to find some DNA?

Sorry....innocent until proven guilty. That's what make the conversation so hard.

But that's the way our system works.

How do you propose to convict someone with no evidence ?

If the rapist uses a condom, there is no physical evidence. Often there isn't, and cases can rely only on the testimony of the victim.

Forensic evidence is a must, fibres, hair, anything. You see... you have to prove it. Otherwise is your word against the other one.

Often there IS no physical evidence. You wear gloves, so no fingerprints, a ski mask takes care of any loose hairs, a condom prevents semen so no DNA. A rapist can be very careful in this day and age. Many rapists won't leave any DNA at all, yet they are still caught and jailed.

Do you think a rapist who doesn't leave any physical evidence behind should walk free because his victim failed to find some DNA?

I'm sorry but that's the Law.

With no evidence you can not convict.

So you think any charge of rape should result in an automatic guilty finding?

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

i think the point is they should give the extra assistance for the baby, regardless.

there is nothing unusual with government fostering certain societal mores. it's why there is a tax benefit to marriage.

but if there's a value on children, then the children should be cared for.

people aren't going to stop bonking if you a) make abortion illegal; and then b) starve the women and their kids.

or do you want to create a permanent underclass?

Speaking for myself, I am getting pretty damn tired of carrying the burden for people too selfish, stupid or ignorant to not create life that they cannot afford and then get all pissy because some of us feel it is not our job to go to work to support their arrogant expectations.

I am not addressing children produced from rape.

I won't even get into the miserable lives some of these children must endure with women who were too selfish to stop and think before making a baby. Sometimes they make a baby not just once but over and over.

I am no morality cop until a person decides I should pay for their choices.

yeah, well... i'm tired of paying for unnecessary wars
and i'm tired of financing corporate welfare
i have no problem with helping people in need.

want to guess which part of our budget is larger?

it's like this...either...birth control is readily available and kids are taught about safe sex and abortion is readily available

or... we should offer assistance for forcing people to carry a pregnancy to term that they don't want.

those are our choices as society. there is no, 'make the rabble stop bonking' option and it is immoral to starve people.

So you think any charge of rape should result in an automatic guilty finding?

I never said that.

That is not how the law works in Australia, and I thought you lived here. Man rape cases are proven without DNA evidence.

You are saying that if a person is smart enough, they should get away with a crime.

That is not how the law works in Australia, and I thought you lived here. Man rape cases are proven without DNA evidence.

You are saying that if a person is smart enough, they should get away with a crime.

They never said that.

It's not a matter of being smart or not Noomi, ITS A MATTER OF LAW ..... you can not send a man to jail without evidence!!!!!!! do you understand that?

It is not about being smart enough. It is about a land of laws and procedures of which we live. On what basis would you convict a man of rape if there was no evidence but for the word of the woman? Should her word be enough?

It's not a matter of being smart or not Noomi, ITS A MATTER OF LAW ..... you can not send a man to jail without evidence!!!!!!! do you understand that?

You are wrong on the law, though. We have sent people to prison for which there was only circumstantial evidence, and no physical evidence. It is NOT a matter of law that there is physical evidence, because our legal system know that there will not always BE that physical evidence.

You are wrong on the law, though. We have sent people to prison for which there was only circumstantial evidence, and no physical evidence. It is NOT a matter of law that there is physical evidence, because our legal system know that there will not always BE that physical evidence.

ok then SHOW THE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!

It is not about being smart enough. It is about a land of laws and procedures of which we live. On what basis would you convict a man of rape if there was no evidence but for the word of the woman? Should her word be enough?

A woman can be raped and have no evidence. She might have tears and bleeding that show a rape may have occurred, but no physical evidence. Maybe she can even name her attacker, but because there is no evidence of a rape (it could have been rough, consensual sex) the rapist can get away with it.

He can also get away with it if he wears a condom, shaves his head and wears gloves. Not every woman will show physical signs of being raped, but the emotional signs are all there.

Stop saying, or intimating, that men should get away with rape if they leave no evidence behind.

What if the freaking evidence doesn't exist? You are not paying attention to me. You are blinded by ignorance here.

I have no physical evidence that I was raped. I had no physical evidence even back then, but it happened. It is my word now against his - I assume you think he should walk free because I can't prove he attacked me?

This is making my stomach churn.

Skye, do you think that if a child says they were abused by someone, but there is no physical evidence, just the word of a child, should that child be believed and a man convicted based on the testimony of that child?

The bill is designed to remove the incentive of low income women who are on assistance to have more children they cant afford.

That is not a bad thing.

Well, that "child they can't afford" might turn out to be the one who invents a cure for cancer or develops a car that defies gravity.

What if the freaking evidence doesn't exist? You are not paying attention to me. You are blinded by ignorance here.

I have no physical evidence that I was raped. I had no physical evidence even back then, but it happened. It is my word now against his - I assume you think he should walk free because I can't prove he attacked me?

With all respect Noomi...... if you don't have proof it never happened according to the Law.

That's how it is Noomi, I am sorry to break it to you but that's how it is. Go talk to any Defense Lawyer and he will tell you more.

With all respect Noomi...... if you don't have proof it never happened according to the Law.

That's how it is Noomi, I am sorry to break it to you but that's how it is. Go talk to any Defense Lawyer and he will tell you more.

If you don't have evidence, then why do the police believe every single victim when she makes a report? Shouldn't they tell her to bugger off and find some evidence?

If you don't have evidence, then why do the police believe every single victim when she makes a report? Shouldn't they tell her to bugger off and find some evidence?

Noomi.... I have said all I know about this topic .... Unfortunately I have no more to say to you.

If you want to send a man to jail you need solid evidence....you can not send a man to jail because you say so...if you don't have the evidence that's too bad. The Law is the Law.

In most rape cases the woman's body is all the evidence needed. Rape is a crime of brutality. The point is to dominate and humiliate not to have sex. Most often sex is a minor part of a rape crime.

Its hard to believe some of the crap that is spewed here.

Forum List

Back