Women have to PROVE they were raped

Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

Note that there was also a Dem on this little holier than thou posse -

Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police...
I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

What part of the bill makes them have sex? Or babies?

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Sorry, but considering what happens to many women who are raped and then report it, I have problems with having to "prove" you were raped. Remember that woman that Kennedy's cousin raped. Apparently she "asked" for it by taking him home at 2am and agreeing to a tour of the Kennedy estate.

No, until things change, no woman should have to "prove" rape. Remember Juanita Broderick? How many lawyers did she go through before she was forced to give up her claim? And you want her to have to "prove" it before she gets help? No, as far is rape is concerned our society is still in the dark ages. No woman should have to "prove" it. Today, even reporting a rape can ruin your job, you reputation, your life. And this is the 21st century.

Well I am not an expert in this, but, it seems to me that in Court people must have evidence. It does not seem unreasonable to me to ask for the evidence. It seems just and fair.

Last edited:
The bill is designed to remove the incentive of low income women who are on assistance to have more children they cant afford.

That is not a bad thing.

Its designed to look like that and I'd bet the authors might even say that's what they have in mind. But that's not what its designed to do at all. I know that because the food stamp amount is a fraction of what it costs to feed a child.

Its very likely a woman on food stamps cannot afford birth control. There are many men who believe that bc is the responsibility of the woman and some even refuse to use a condom.

As for abortion, if a woman in one food stamps, she's going to have a hard time affording an abortion. And, she may not want to have an abortion.

Nevertheless, it is true that a lot of legislators are fighting against affordable birth control, abortion and against poor women. One of the ways they are doing this is to fight funding of Planned Parenthood and other low cost sources for women's health care.

Idiots will be idiots.

Aside from punishing women who have children — particularly low-income women who may not have reliable access to affordable contraception — the proposed bill perpetrates a dangerous attitude toward survivors of sexual assault.

This is not the first type of legislation of its kind. Last month, New Mexico proposed a bill that would have required women seeking childcare assistance to prove they were “forcibly raped,” although Gov. Susana Martinez (R) has requested to remove that language.

This will sweep our country. The backward fundies won't stop until we're back in the Dark Ages.

it's interesting that we came out of the dark ages when the printing press was invented and the people could read the Bible and other classical works. and started living by them.

You abhor the Bible, classical works, and those who try to follow them and you think they are trying to take people to the dark ages. Completely ironic.

so yuou are okay if a woman says she was raped and she wasnt? is that okay to al the other victims because if it were revered, youd be screaming it.

Sorry, but considering what happens to many women who are raped and then report it, I have problems with having to "prove" you were raped. Remember that woman that Kennedy's cousin raped. Apparently she "asked" for it by taking him home at 2am and agreeing to a tour of the Kennedy estate.

No, until things change, no woman should have to "prove" rape. Remember Juanita Broderick? How many lawyers did she go through before she was forced to give up her claim? And you want her to have to "prove" it before she gets help? No, as far is rape is concerned our society is still in the dark ages. No woman should have to "prove" it. Today, even reporting a rape can ruin your job, you reputation, your life. And this is the 21st century.

Their word should be enough? Think Duke perhaps? Um not going fly with most people. Read the proposed bill. They are hardly asking for anything unreasonable.

Elimination of benefits under subsection (d) shall not
apply to any child conceived as a result of rape or incest if
the department:
(1) receives a non-notarized, signed statement from the
pregnant woman stating that she was a victim of rape or incest,
as the case may be, and that she reported the crime, including
the identity of the offender, if known, to a law enforcement
agency having the requisite jurisdiction or, in the case of
incest where a pregnant minor is the victim, to the county child
protective service agency and stating the name of the law
enforcement agency or child protective service agency to which
the report was made and the date such report was made;
(2) receives the signed statement of the pregnant woman
which is described in this subsection. The statement shall bear
the notice that any false statements made therein are punishable
by law and shall state that the pregnant woman is aware that
false reports to law enforcement authorities are punishable by
law; and
(3) verifies with the law enforcement agency or child
protective service agency named in the statement of the pregnant
woman whether a report of rape or incest was filed with the
agency in accordance with the statement. The Commonwealth agency
shall report any evidence of false statements or of fraud in the
procurement or attempted procurement of any payment from Federal
or State funds appropriated by the Commonwealth pursuant to this
subsection to the district attorney of appropriate jurisdiction
and, where appropriate, to the Attorney General.

You claim rape, you must have the evidence in Court.

As simple as that.

Pennsylvania Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped | ThinkProgress

or lose food stamps.

We need a section devoted to the War On Women. But, since there is none, I'm putting this article here.

I don't even have to ask how the rw's here feel about this. They'll just love it, I'm sure. Force women to bear babies they can't care for but then, take away assistance.

The child that may come from rape aside....

I am always puzzled as to why any woman would get pregnant if she is dependent on government for some or all of her financial needs? Any ideas why?

About a third of all pregnancies are "accidental" or unplanned. If you can't afford birth control pills, I would think that percentage would go up.

that means that 2 out of 3 women manage not to get pregnant unless they chose to do so. Is there a particular reason you think we should reward the idiots that can't figure out how not to get pregnant?

It's nothing new that sometimes people have claimed to have been raped just to get even with the man in their lives .... and it was a lie.

You will have your day in Court to prove it., and if you can not prove it will be dismissed.

That is the Law,

or lose food stamps.

Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police...

This is the CONTENT of your linked article:

A Pennsylvania House bill seeks to limit the amount of TANF assistance that low-income women receive based on the amount of children they give birth to while covered under the program.

Despite the fact that low-income women who give birth to children would logically need increased assistance to care for their larger family, Pennsylvania lawmakers — State Reps. RoseMarie Swanger (R), Tom Caltagirone (D), Mark Gillen (R), Keith Gillespie (R), Adam Harris (R), and Mike Tobash (R) — don’t want their state’s welfare program to provide additional benefits for that newborn. If a woman gives birth to a child who was conceived from rape, she may seek an exception to this rule so that her welfare benefits aren’t slashed, but only if she can provide proof that she reported her sexual assault and her abuser’s identity to the police:

You'll note that there is a democrat that is also sponsoring this bill. It's well noted that there are many women in this country that go on welfare--sometimes it's necessary--BUT--when they continue to have babies because they can get a larger government welfare check--it does become a serious problem to the taxpayers of this country--and it becomes a way of life to the welfare person--when it was only intended for "temporary help"--so they can get back on their feet.

war-on-women.jpg

Last edited:

As simple as that.

Something a lot of people don't know about me: I was sexually assaulted by someone I thought was a friend at the age of 17. I have never made a police report, as back then, I was told that they would think it was my fault. It took me over ten years to realise it wasn't, and now it is too late to do anything.

Does this mean the assault didn't happen and that I shouldn't be taken seriously? Of course not. I have no physical evidence, but I have the mental scars, which will be with me forever.

It's nothing new that sometimes people have claimed to have been raped just to get even with the man in their lives .... and it was a lie.

You will have your day in Court to prove it., and if you can not prove it will be dismissed.

That is the Law,

There have been times when a rape victim has not been believed and the rapist has walked free.

That is the Law,

There have been times when a rape victim has not been believed and the rapist has walked free.

We have a legal system that makes these calls. If the evidence through testimony and forensics is there to show there was a rape then a jury or judge will rule based on its merit.

As simple as that.

Something a lot of people don't know about me: I was sexually assaulted by someone I thought was a friend at the age of 17. I have never made a police report, as back then, I was told that they would think it was my fault. It took me over ten years to realise it wasn't, and now it is too late to do anything.

Does this mean the assault didn't happen and that I shouldn't be taken seriously? Of course not. I have no physical evidence, but I have the mental scars, which will be with me forever.

I am sorry what happened to you :( and I do understand and sympathise with your pain.

But if you go to Court you need your evidence, forensic material, DNA in order to prove your case. that's the Law.

Most any Libtard thread like this reads the same.

You deserve for the taxpayer to provide you free stuff because ___________________________. (fill in the blank)

As simple as that.

I am sorry what happened to you :( and I do understand and sympathise with your pain.

But if you go to Court you need your evidence, forensic material, DNA in order to prove your case. that's the Law.

If the rapist uses a condom, there is no physical evidence. Often there isn't, and cases can rely only on the testimony of the victim.

The democrats really feel this is important enough to supplant the economy ?

If the rapist uses a condom, there is no physical evidence. Often there isn't, and cases can rely only on the testimony of the victim.

Forensic evidence is a must, fibres, hair, anything. You see... you have to prove it. Otherwise is your word against the other one.

Forensic evidence is a must, fibres, hair, anything. You see... you have to prove it. Otherwise is your word against the other one.

Often there IS no physical evidence. You wear gloves, so no fingerprints, a ski mask takes care of any loose hairs, a condom prevents semen so no DNA. A rapist can be very careful in this day and age. Many rapists won't leave any DNA at all, yet they are still caught and jailed.

Do you think a rapist who doesn't leave any physical evidence behind should walk free because his victim failed to find some DNA?

Forum List

Back