Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Can stereotypes be racist?
Only if you are a sensitive snowflake. But they can be very funny.

So depicting black people as apes is funny to you?
When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.
Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

You should ask the black community that question

Why? I'm asking here and it seems you do not want to answer.

What race doesn’t use stereotypes? It’s a stupid question.. You should treat all races equally

So stereotypes can be racist? If someone wants to no longer publish a racist stereotype, that is bad?
As long as you equally denounce it from every race and not used to attack one race to pander for votes.. hehe

That's fine. What exactly are you suggesting I also condemn?

What race doesn’t use stereotypes? It’s a stupid question.. You should treat all races equally

So stereotypes can be racist? If someone wants to no longer publish a racist stereotype, that is bad?
As long as you equally denounce it from every race and not used to attack one race to pander for votes.. hehe

I condemn people who condemn.

How about Joe Biden creating policies that destroy black and brown communities?

Did they choose to no longer publish it, or were they forced to?

Maybe in the history books talking about the South we should show all pics with people running around in white hoods?
Why pick the worst aspects and not the best? Do you want your life story written with emphasis only the times when you didn’t have the best days?

Do you think people who are being stereotyped are able to see beyond that? Why should they have to? Can you not teach a positive lesson without them?
So should we just eliminate comedy? What if the the letters PK offend me. Should you be forced to remove them from your user ID? This has to stop somewhere! Comedy should be offensive sometimes. That’s what makes it funny sometimes. When someone falls and trips. Or Naked Gun movies. We need to relax.

First I appreciate you trying to discuss this as opposed to just throwing around lame juvenile ignorant insults.

We are not speaking comedy. I've said in the past that at times comedians can make good points by being offensive. I don't think school systems were using Dr Suess for it's comedic value. I do not see what a comedian does in a comedy club as comparative to what we provide a student.

Showing black people as monkeys do not teach a lesson. Show me where I am wrong.

When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.
Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
They, Dr Seuss Enterprises, are going to stop publishing them.

I condemn people who condemn.

You are never on here condemning politicians?

Did they choose to no longer publish it, or were they forced to?

No idea. I'm not sure it matters to me.

Maybe in the history books talking about the South we should show all pics with people running around in white hoods?
Why pick the worst aspects and not the best? Do you want your life story written with emphasis only the times when you didn’t have the best days?

Do you think people who are being stereotyped are able to see beyond that? Why should they have to? Can you not teach a positive lesson without them?
So should we just eliminate comedy? What if the the letters PK offend me. Should you be forced to remove them from your user ID? This has to stop somewhere! Comedy should be offensive sometimes. That’s what makes it funny sometimes. When someone falls and trips. Or Naked Gun movies. We need to relax.

First I appreciate you trying to discuss this as opposed to just throwing around lame juvenile ignorant insults.

We are not speaking comedy. I've said in the past that at times comedians can make good points by being offensive. I don't think school systems were using Dr Suess for it's comedic value. I do not see what a comedian does in a comedy club as comparative to what we provide a student.

Showing black people as monkeys do not teach a lesson. Show me where I am wrong.
It is a slippery slope. Schools have no problem teaching kids that being gay and trans is acceptable these days but in the 60s people would find it offensive. Dr. Seuss is a historically accurate portrayal of children’s books. You can tell kids to see the best in them vs find offensive imagery. At six kids don’t know what racism even is. Being offended is too easy these days.

It is a slippery slope. Schools have no problem teaching kids that being gay and trans is acceptable these days but in the 60s people would find it offensive. Dr. Seuss is a historically accurate portrayal of children’s books. You can tell kids to see the best in them vs find offensive imagery. At six kids don’t know what racism even is. Being offended is too easy these days.

Should schools teach that being deaf is a choice? Something we should ostracize?

Yep, our side has some in it that are almost as crazy as you. The good news is that is the few unlike your conspiracy laden fruitloop group.

Dunno, seemed like pretty much the ENTIRE Reich bought into the "Rushing Coalushun" conspiracy theory.

Shit, about a third of democrat Nazis STILL believe it, even after their own inquisition debunked it.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

Should schools teach that being deaf is a choice? Something we should ostracize?
Schools should teach how to think not what to think. Novel concept...I know.

Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

It is generally a minority being stereotyped.

Didn’t you lefties just remove Clarence Thomas books from Amazon? Is that not racist?

It is generally a minority being stereotyped.
Women often get stereotyped as homemakers in older books and movies and many find that offensive so should we ban Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch? Where does it end?

Forum List

Back