Woke Democrats: Dr. Seuss is now racist.

Wa
Can stereotypes be racist?
Only if you are a sensitive snowflake. But they can be very funny.

So depicting black people as apes is funny to you?
When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.

Why not pull all of them? If Suess used racist stereotypes wouldn't that make him a racist? Or is this a staged cancelling while people work on finding more stereotypes in the remaining books?

Really?

There was nothing racist in blackface?

Apparently you have no problem with whiteface.

1614697089975.png

None of you Nazis mind at all that whiteface is used constantly.

Imagine if Martin Luther King Jr. was cast as a white person in a play - y'all Nazis would loose your shit.

Maybe in the history books talking about the South we should show all pics with people running around in white hoods?
Why pick the worst aspects and not the best? Do you want your life story written with emphasis only the times when you didn’t have the best days?

Do you think people who are being stereotyped are able to see beyond that? Why should they have to? Can you not teach a positive lesson without them?
So should we just eliminate comedy? What if the the letters PK offend me. Should you be forced to remove them from your user ID? This has to stop somewhere! Comedy should be offensive sometimes. That’s what makes it funny sometimes. When someone falls and trips. Or Naked Gun movies. We need to relax.

First I appreciate you trying to discuss this as opposed to just throwing around lame juvenile ignorant insults.

We are not speaking comedy. I've said in the past that at times comedians can make good points by being offensive. I don't think school systems were using Dr Suess for it's comedic value. I do not see what a comedian does in a comedy club as comparative to what we provide a student.

Showing black people as monkeys do not teach a lesson. Show me where I am wrong.
Didn’t you lefties just remove Clarence Thomas books from Amazon? Is that not racist?

I don't recall Amazon asking my opinion on that. What you did is almost as bad. When you are unable to address an argument you have to lump it in with something else whether relevant or not.

When did I say that? Find that post. Depicting Italians as people who talk with their hands and get tans...see Jersey Shore is funny. Jewish stereotypes in terms of accents and such are funny and I am Jewish. Chill, snowflake.

Dr. Suess used clearly racist stereotypes like depicting blacks as apes. Not all his books are being prohibited in schools, just the ones using racist stereotypes.
Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
They, Dr Seuss Enterprises, are going to stop publishing them.
Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

It is generally a minority being stereotyped.

Bullshit

Maybe in the history books talking about the South we should show all pics with people running around in white hoods?
Why pick the worst aspects and not the best? Do you want your life story written with emphasis only the times when you didn’t have the best days?

Do you think people who are being stereotyped are able to see beyond that? Why should they have to? Can you not teach a positive lesson without them?
So should we just eliminate comedy? What if the the letters PK offend me. Should you be forced to remove them from your user ID? This has to stop somewhere! Comedy should be offensive sometimes. That’s what makes it funny sometimes. When someone falls and trips. Or Naked Gun movies. We need to relax.

First I appreciate you trying to discuss this as opposed to just throwing around lame juvenile ignorant insults.

We are not speaking comedy. I've said in the past that at times comedians can make good points by being offensive. I don't think school systems were using Dr Suess for it's comedic value. I do not see what a comedian does in a comedy club as comparative to what we provide a student.

Showing black people as monkeys do not teach a lesson. Show me where I am wrong.
Didn’t you lefties just remove Clarence Thomas books from Amazon? Is that not racist?

I don't recall Amazon asking my opinion on that. What you did is almost as bad. When you are unable to address an argument you have to lump it in with something else whether relevant or not.
So you don’t condone real racism.. got cha

Did you read the article. Some are banning all books. Maybe we should read more books vs banning them. Nazis used to burn books they found offensive. Many find gay people offensive so should you stop being gay? Tolerance goes both ways. My kids are past these books as they are older so I have no dog in this fight sans the one that it’s a slippery slope.

My god you're a drama queen. Nobody is burning books and they weren't banned. Did YOU read the article?
"These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong," Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement.​
"Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families," the statement continued.​
Did you read the whole article? You missed my point. Because a small minority decided they are offensive everyone else must agree? Many find the book “It” by Stephen King offensive should it be next on the list? It is a slippery slope and I dislike cancel culture. You’re offended? Don’t read it.

Next they'll be banning Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn for the n word.

The only solution to racism......everyone admit they are racist.....embrace it......give blacks money to go back go africa.....once we are a all white nation....no more racism.

Can ya dig it. I think using the above as a platform I could be elected President.

Women often get stereotyped as homemakers in older books and movies and many find that offensive so should we ban Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch? Where does it end?

Those were generally pretty accurate portrayals of women during the time. Now Mrs Cleavers pearls were probably over the top but do you find that offensive like a black person would be when being portrayed as a monkey?

I was of the age of Brady Bunch and Mrs Brady was very much my friends mom.

Now you may have a point with Married With Children but I also noted I do not hold comedy the same way I do with something we are teaching kids with. I would not support showing kids Married With Children in class.

I feel like I'm watching the cartoon before a showing of Fahrenheit 451, ya know?

Women often get stereotyped as homemakers in older books and movies and many find that offensive so should we ban Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch? Where does it end?

Those were generally pretty accurate portrayals of women during the time. Now Mrs Cleavers pearls were probably over the top but do you find that offensive like a black person would be when being portrayed as a monkey?

Now you may have a point with Married With Children but I also noted I do not hold comedy the same way I do with something we are teaching kids with. I would not support showing kids Married With Children in class.
But if I am offended by that stereotype? Homemaker while the husband works? What if I want it cancelled? Why do you get to pick and choose what is or isn’t offensive? Brady Bunch was comedic too as was Leave it to Beaver.

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

Stars Upon Thars – Culture on the Edge (ua.edu)
Now, the Star-Bell Sneetches had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars. Those stars weren’t so big. They were really so small. You might think such a thing wouldn’t matter at all.

But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches Would brag, “We’re the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches.” With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they’d snort “We’ll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!” And, whenever they met some, when they were out walking, They’d hike right on past them without even talking…
Will those who have vaccines be better than those that dont?

No.

Really?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.

No.

Really?

No more than in a brawling Irish drunk. Stereotypes are caricatures based upon observed common behaviors and impressions. If you feel one applies to you and take issue, perhaps it is you that is the problem, and not the stereotype.

A brawling Irish drunk indeed could be one. I do recall cartoons with such stereotypes. If the owners of those kinds of media decided to not reproduce them for kids. I would have no problem with that.
And I would

When will this nutbaggery end? I think these idiots have already gone way to far with this idiocy. The backlash is coming and it will be massive.

This is beyond stupid---and I am tired of catering to the STUPID people.

Dr Seuss is an excellent teaching tool-------his repetitive rhyming books make it simple and fun for 3-5 years olds to learn how to read. I taught my daughter and my youngest step son how to read using these books.

Just another reason why the population is dumbing down.

But if I am offended by that stereotype? Homemaker while the husband works? What if I want it cancelled? Why do you get to pick and choose what is or isn’t offensive? Brady Bunch was comedic too as was Leave it to Beaver.

Seems to me you would have to show some harm. Fairly portraying the way mothers were is showing harm? You see pretty accurately showing family life for many the same as showing blacks as monkeys?

Seems there are fewer things here that stir things up more than calling out racism.

I use to post at another site. I left because the mod was incapable of understanding an argument but it was nowhere near as populated with racism as this place.

No.

Really?

And I would

Buy the rights and reproduce it then.

Forum List

Back