With police standing down, we will have LESS violence

Peach45

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people
Who take stuff wont feel the need to be armed or violent

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

But I think a police standdown will actually decrease violence

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

Yea sure, everything will be peachy .

The evidence says no. In places where the police really don't care to show up crime soars as the predators prey upon one another. If the police stand down, are ineffective or abolished vigilante groups will form with justice by lynch mob. The wealthy will afford their guards or even their own armies. We will return to feudalism.

This is satire...right?

Nope.

When cops slow down, crime spikes.

We saw it the last time around with this stuff in Baltimore. Cops slowed down, crime went through the roof.

Portland defunded Police and saw a 1900% spike in murders. Promptly wanted to re-fund police.

We've seen this 'option' and know how it plays out.

We need cops to be cops because the world is full of crazy, shitty people. Sucks, but that's the bottom line.

It’s already soaring in Dem run shit holes that have defunded their police and have smaller forces now.

But thanks for the insight. We will see violent crime soar as police are defunded everywhere, but the media will spin it and ignore all the violence, and so will the sheep that follow the MSM and Dem politicians and their Woke Brigade.

1619063030186.jpeg

And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.

they wont be armed or violent when a shop keeper says NO you cant take that and tries to stop them?

Sure, let everybody shoplift then don't complain when everything is so expensive. Property is petty when it doesnt belong to YOU Peach... but there are some store owners who have tight profit margins. Why are they wasting their life trying to run a business when it will be ok to steal from them? It would be easier and less stressful to just go work for someone else.

Who will even want to go out for a night in the city when they will have their car window smashed out, or get jumped when they return to their car? oh yeah, but right.. if you just hand them your wallet and cell phone they wont beat you up.

Increased crime is also bad for the economy

Well, look at it like this:

A car is parked after curfew at the park over on Pine Street.

In current days, who shows up? The police. Once they show up, a small bag of weed in the console is probable cause for the police to search the car...where they find a gun. Now it's unlawful possession of a firearm. Someone (likely both occupants) are going to jail for POM and UCW. If they have a warrant...add that in as well although that was probably known before the cop got out of the car if the license plate registrant has the warrant. But if it's the passenger...it's unknown. When the cops approach and the warranted individual has the gun...who knows what happens?

Lets say that the police force has a mediator instead. They show up and confront the two guys in the car. They see the pot. But instead of the arrest, search, and warrant investigation, they just tell the guys that they have five minutes to take off or the actual police will show up. They likely leave the park.

Will it always happen like this? No...but we call the police for things that they are not trained for. Mental health issues, kids just being knuckleheads, homeless sleeping in doorways. I don't say defund the police. I say give the police force more tools in their toolbox.

All white cops in Democrat shitholes need to retire and take their kids to rational areas.
you can be a cop elsewhere.
Let black cops patrol black areas. They are more likely to pull the trigger, and the media won't give a fuck.
If you do it you face 40 years in jail.
Are you daft?

insurance companies will drop the policies if there are too many claims, or raise the premiums to astronomical levels.

Store owners without insurance will rely on beating the shit out of those who steal until they paid back, to deter the crime and reduce losses- if they can't get the PD to enforce the law..

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.

years ago back in the 90's there was a Sears store I had used to go to. One day after I had not been there in some time, i was a bit taken back that a large part of their tool section was behind locked glass cases... I remember talking to the clerk about it and I was shocked when he told me they did this because the previous year they had lost 60,000$ in shop lifting. And this was in the 90's.... I never forgot that.

People who think shop lifting is ok, are selfish people who never had to run a buiness. It's just somebody else's stuff. They dont realize that appeasing low lifes doesnt make anything better in society. It only makes bad behavior more acceptable and then society is screwed because no one needs to be accountable for shit.

Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.

Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.
The only drawback is that our welfare system would give them more money afterwards. We'd have to make it so that losing a hand for this reason is exempt from any disability coverage or welfare payments.

How about taking away their right to vote for 10 years. They don't deserve input into a society they dont have respect for.

Delusional.

More crime would happen and what type of ass thinks it ok to steal from others?

Forum List

Back