With police standing down, we will have LESS violence

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people
Who take stuff wont feel the need to be armed or violent

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

But I think a police standdown will actually decrease violence
And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.

You have to be a three time loser convicted of grand larceny to have a hand amputated.

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.
Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.

Its BS. He doesn't know the law in KSA.

Shoplifting a parking ticket? Apparently that shoplifter in Yonkers NY didn't get the memo when he stabbed a clerk to death on the way out.

You really need help. We are already seeing cops standing down and the murder rates....you know, criminals killing people, are going through the roof......murder is up 30% in Minneapolis...it is going to go higher...

You don't get less crime when you tell the police to not do their jobs...you get more crime....more violence....directed at innocent men, women and children...

You have no clue what you are talking about..

I challenge you to look at crime stats in the cities that have attacked their own police forces...tell us whether crime went up or down just since last year........try to educate yourself about truth, facts and reality...

Well, look at it like this:

A car is parked after curfew at the park over on Pine Street.

In current days, who shows up? The police. Once they show up, a small bag of weed in the console is probable cause for the police to search the car...where they find a gun. Now it's unlawful possession of a firearm. Someone (likely both occupants) are going to jail for POM and UCW. If they have a warrant...add that in as well although that was probably known before the cop got out of the car if the license plate registrant has the warrant. But if it's the passenger...it's unknown. When the cops approach and the warranted individual has the gun...who knows what happens?

Lets say that the police force has a mediator instead. They show up and confront the two guys in the car. They see the pot. But instead of the arrest, search, and warrant investigation, they just tell the guys that they have five minutes to take off or the actual police will show up. They likely leave the park.

Will it always happen like this? No...but we call the police for things that they are not trained for. Mental health issues, kids just being knuckleheads, homeless sleeping in doorways. I don't say defund the police. I say give the police force more tools in their toolbox.

Wow.......that is a couple of seconds of stupid that will stain my life forever............you left wingers really are fucking insane...........

You really believe this stuff.....and that is why you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the levers of power in this country..........

Actually, it's kind of adorable that you think there will be stores. You do know that in high crime, high shoplifting areas there are no major Corporation stores. Stores stopped writing off theft long ago. Now. In affluent areas there are guards. Ah again it's that darn private security.

Yep.......you have immigrants from Asia who then open small stores, work 24/7 to make a living, get their kids an education, the kids then go on to bigger and better things.......because they don't drink up the democrat party kool-aid of "racism, racism everywhere..." they just go out, work smart, work hard and succeed.....

And then democrats tell blacks that Asians are bad.....as bad as white people.....and then black democrats beat, rob and murder the Asians in democrat party controlled cities..

when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people
This is complete ignorance on your part

Large or small, no business can stay afloat the hood, aka the ghetto, aka obamaville if the public is free to walk off with hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise every day

sooner or later papa san, the korean owner of the store is going to try and stop the thieves

what do you think will happen then?

In current days, who shows up? The police. Once they show up, a small bag of weed in the console is probable cause for the police to search the car...where they find a gun. Now it's unlawful possession of a firearm. Someone (likely both occupants) are going to jail for POM and UCW. If they have a warrant...add that in as well although that was probably known before the cop got out of the car if the license plate registrant has the warrant. But if it's the passenger...it's unknown. When the cops approach and the warranted individual has the gun...who knows what happens?

Lets say that the police force has a mediator instead. They show up and confront the two guys in the car. They see the pot. But instead of the arrest, search, and warrant investigation, they just tell the guys that they have five minutes to take off or the actual police will show up. They likely leave the park.

Will it always happen like this? No...but we call the police for things that they are not trained for. Mental health issues, kids just being knuckleheads, homeless sleeping in doorways. I don't say defund the police. I say give the police force more tools in their toolbox.

Wow.......that is a couple of seconds of stupid that will stain my life forever............you left wingers really are fucking insane...........

You really believe this stuff.....and that is why you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the levers of power in this country..........

Do you think it's a good investment to have police officers shooing people out of doorways and enforcing curfews instead of investigating actual property loss crimes?

Do you think it's a good investment to have police officers shooing people out of doorways and enforcing curfews instead of investigating actual property loss crimes?

Are the people who they shoot out of doorways committing crimes that require they be shot? Like the girl stabbing the other girl? You moron........

And if they are committing violent crimes, then yes......the police would be better stopping rape, robberies and murders rather than graffiti......

Are the people who they shoot out of doorways committing crimes that require they be shot? Like the girl stabbing the other girl? You moron........

And if they are committing violent crimes, then yes......the police would be better stopping rape, robberies and murders rather than graffiti......

I asked you a question about cops being relegated to hall monitors and you start with some bullshit about police and shooting.

You have to be a three time loser convicted of grand larceny to have a hand amputated.
What value is "grand" set at? The value can vary a lot between countries, so I'm curious to know what Saudi Arabia sets it at.

Yes initially crime will spike. But eventually it will lower drastically once the new reality sets in. People will have more of what they need and violent crime will drop

What lol
You’re just pulling our legs ??
Murder is up 35 percent in the last few years

Yes initially crime will spike. But eventually it will lower drastically once the new reality sets in. People will have more of what they need and violent crime will drop

Are you serious....or just trying to be funny?

Forum List

Back