With police standing down, we will have LESS violence

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people
Who take stuff wont feel the need to be armed or violent

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

But I think a police standdown will actually decrease violence

Looks more like an excuse to steal.

Hear me out please. Some are worried cops are standing down and violence will soar. Not so.

- Look, when you’re down on your luck, sometimes people steal. Especially from CORPORATIONS who just write it off. Seriously, shoplifting should be like a parking ticket not an actual arrest. Without fear of police response, these people

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

Insurance companies will pay out more for theft to WalMart, grocery stores, etc etc.

That’s a nice theory, and it might even work for large corporations, but it sure as hawklike doesn’t work for the mom and pop shops that operate on razor thin margins.

Last edited:

And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.
Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.
The only drawback is that our welfare system would give them more money afterwards. We'd have to make it so that losing a hand for this reason is exempt from any disability coverage or welfare payments.
I don't care if they get welfare afterwards. Yes, it is cruel and unusual punishment, but if put into effect, it wouldn't be anytime at all until it was only cruel and not that unusual at all.:auiqs.jpg:

BTW, I detest thieves. You say steal from corporations because they're hurting, but that's code for steal from everyone because you're high, feel entitled to it, irresponsible, lazy & twisted. Sure I'd steal if my kid was starving, it's our PERSONAL responsibility they don't.

Steal from me I'm open to fire a bullet, and guess what, if they're anywhere near an adult they probably have that one coming, and in some cases young teens too. Anyone who enters another man's property for crime on any level is FULLY a scumbag and deserves a bullet.

Last edited:

And when people steal more, prices go up for the rest of us.

If theft becomes a big enough problem, you have to eventually take the Brazil route or the Saudi Arabia route. Either shoot the bastards, or cut off a hand.
Cutting off a hand is an interesting idea. Might reduce the amount they steal by half.

How about taking away their right to vote for 10 years. They don't deserve input into a society they dont have respect for.
Sounds fine with me. I am not even in favor of felons automatically getting their voting rights back. They are proven to be people of very poor decision making, as well as the crime itself. They can't even get on a jury.

Holy shit that was stupid.

Holy shit that was stupid.

Yep, almost didnt have enough bandwidth to stream that much stupid all at one time. Made the lights in the house go dim.

You have a very naive view of the situation. The inner cities are a factory for gang members, violence and despair. This isn't just some folks "down on their luck". There is a SYSTEMIC breakdown of family, community, infrastructure, law enforcement and schools that result in the human destruction that is the Inner Cities. You tell Police to "Stand Down" you have sentenced the HONEST people living in the Inner Cities to no protection.

insurance companies will drop the policies if there are too many claims, or raise the premiums to astronomical levels.

Store owners without insurance will rely on beating the shit out of those who steal until they paid back, to deter the crime and reduce losses- if they can't get the PD to enforce the law..
Right up until the moment they get their store burned down.

Delusional.

More crime would happen and what type of ass thinks it ok to steal from others?
Democrats.

You sure are an idiot. The police in Portland, Seattle and Indi were told to stand down. Then they watched looters, rioters and arsonists destroy their cities. Hell there were murders. The idiot Dem people running that city probably thought if the police didn't respond none of that would happen.

You and them sure are stupid.

Shop lifting should be like a parking ticket?????????

- Drug violence? It happens. But if taking Petty property from stores doesnt [sic] carry such a bad consequence, fewer will NEED to sell drugs to get $ for the things they need

clock_22.gif

Something tells me you wouldn't share that view if these petty thefts were occurring on and to your property. I'm not saying these sticky-fingered little twats should have the rest of lives ruined, but an actual punishment should occur other than a ticket that will likely never be paid.

YES...let’s force society to accept that dark people behave like uncivilized savages and let’s allow them to do so.

Wrong, When cops decide doing their job is too risky, then criminals will notice, and increase both their activity and the brazenness of said activity. People being victimized will fight back harder once they realize there will be no justice for them through the legal system.

Remember laws just don't protect us from criminals, they protect criminals from us.

Perhaps you can explain this then, Chuckles

That's right, Trump cult. A cop who slowly murdered a man on camera went to jail, therefore civilization is ending.

Your masters may have gone to far this time in keeping you hysterical and obedient. You're all off in cuckooland, and it appears you're never coming back. Sane society will have to write you off as being hopeless cases. You can't be brought back to reality, so we'll just have to marginalize you and limit the harm you do.

Forum List

Back