With 900,000 Vets on Food Stamps, Obama Cuts Military Benefits

My sister is in the military. Nobody's benefits have been cut. What got cut was the percentage of annual increase that retirees and disabled vets get each year. So instead of getting like a 2% COLA, they'll now get 1% or 1.5%, I don't remember the exact numbers.

Republicans are just as guilty here. We cant fix the problem if we dont acknowledge the truth.

Indeed.

And much of the wailing and gnashing of teeth by chickenhawk partisans are crodile tears. It's just another fake scandal to rent their clothes and don sackcloth and ashes over. Bunch of drama queens is what they are.

Last edited:
Obama did not do that. The Republican House did that.

dimocrap scum control 2/3 of the lawmaking process in Washington.

dimocrap scum did it.

douchebag

:lol:

I speak of the credulous retards who are willfully clueless, and right on cue, another one appears!

Don't you have to clean the Mall bathroom? Get to it. And stop bothering the customers at the urinals, please. We've had several complaints

dimocrap scum control 2/3 of the lawmaking process in Washington.

dimocrap scum did it.

douchebag

I speak of the credulous retards who are willfully clueless, and right on cue, another one appears!

Don't you have to clean the Mall bathroom? Get to it. And stop bothering the customers at the urinals, please. We've had several complaints

Sorry to make your butt hurt while you were drinking the piss.

I guess when the facts are totally against you, you must resort to playground games.

Let's review those facts, shall we?

PAUL RYAN DOUBLES DOWN ON CUTTING VETERAN PENSIONS

Here is Ryan's Op-Ed piece where he defends the pension cuts in his bill: Paul Ryan: Retirement pay can't take over defense budget

Last edited:

Sorry to make your butt hurt while you were drinking the piss.

I guess when the facts are totally against you, you must resort to playground games.

Let's review those facts, shall we?

PAUL RYAN DOUBLES DOWN ON CUTTING VETERAN PENSIONS

Here is Ryan's Op-Ed piece where he defends the pension cuts in his bill: Paul Ryan: Retirement pay can't take over defense budget

Here's the facts, dickbreath....

obama unilaterally cut the pay raise to below inflation...

Obama slashes proposed military pay raise almost in half - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

Despite the US Congress sending to the White House a pay raise for the Uniformed Services in keeping with the formula utilized the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Barack Obama has decided to bypass Congress and almost halve the recommended 1.8 percent hike for the military, as reported by the right-of-center news portal the Cybercast News Service on Sept. 3, 2013.

In one of the Administration's famous Friday "document dumps," the news of the cutting a rise in base pay for the Uniformed Services from the proposed 1.8 percent to a barely noticeable 1.0 percent was made public in the closing hours Friday before the start of the long Labor Day Weekend.

Per federal law, all military pay increases must based upon the BLS formula tying military pay to changes in private sector pay growth.

Defending his presidential privilege of dispensing of the law that determines military pay, Obama wrote to the Congress:

As our country continues to recover from serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare, however, we must maintain efforts to keep our Nation on a sustainable fiscal course.

This effort requires tough choices, especially in light of budget constraints faced by Federal agencies.

The Family Obama is figuratively still shaking the sand out of their shoes from last month's Martha's Vineyard vacation, and two short months prior to that, the clan enjoyed a $100 million African holiday.

Take the dildo out of your mouth so your eyes won't water as much. Then try reading an article once a while.

This isn't a big deal, people.

Here's what the new law will do. We make no changes for those currently at or above age 62. This reform affects only younger military retirees. Right now, any person who has served 20 years can retire —regardless of age. That means a serviceman who enlists at 18 becomes eligible for retirement at 38. The late 30s and early 40s are prime working years, and most of these younger retirees go on to second careers.

All this reform does is make a small adjustment for those younger retirees. If they retire before age 62, the annual increase in their retired pay will be 1% less than the inflation rate. In other words, their benefits will grow every year — just at a slower rate. And when the retiree hits 62, DOD will recalculate the retired pay so that it will be where it would have been if he or she had received the full inflation adjustment every year since he or she retired.

Here's an example: If a serviceman enlisted at 18 and retired at 38, under this policy his lifetime benefit would be about $1.7 million instead of $1.8 million. For a service member who retired at the average military retirement age of 44, the difference would be smaller, about $30,000 over his or her lifetime. This is a far more modest reform than other bipartisan proposals, some of which would have fully eliminated the adjustments for inflation for working-age retirees.

Paul Ryan: Retirement pay can't take over defense budget

Here's what the new law will do. We make no changes for those currently at or above age 62. This reform affects only younger military retirees. Right now, any person who has served 20 years can retire —regardless of age. That means a serviceman who enlists at 18 becomes eligible for retirement at 38. The late 30s and early 40s are prime working years, and most of these younger retirees go on to second careers.

All this reform does is make a small adjustment for those younger retirees. If they retire before age 62, the annual increase in their retired pay will be 1% less than the inflation rate. In other words, their benefits will grow every year — just at a slower rate. And when the retiree hits 62, DOD will recalculate the retired pay so that it will be where it would have been if he or she had received the full inflation adjustment every year since he or she retired.

Here's an example: If a serviceman enlisted at 18 and retired at 38, under this policy his lifetime benefit would be about $1.7 million instead of $1.8 million. For a service member who retired at the average military retirement age of 44, the difference would be smaller, about $30,000 over his or her lifetime. This is a far more modest reform than other bipartisan proposals, some of which would have fully eliminated the adjustments for inflation for working-age retirees.

That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the scumbag-in-chief BYPASSING Congress and UNILATERALLY cutting the Military's pay.

Obama Slashes Proposed Military Pay Raise Almost In Half?While Promoting A Syrian War | The Gateway Pundit

FY 2014 Proposed Military Pay Charts

On August 30, 2013, President Obama informed Congress that he will be exercising his powers as President to cap the military's pay at one-percent for 2014. Congress can still override the President's cap and send him the 1.8% per current Title 37 mandate; however, Congress would need to find the additional funding required to make this a reality, and finding the additional $580 million will be difficult with the state of today's economy.

The scumbag did that ALL by himself. OVER the wishes of Congress

That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the scumbag-in-chief BYPASSING Congress and UNILATERALLY cutting the Military's pay.

Obama Slashes Proposed Military Pay Raise Almost In Half?While Promoting A Syrian War | The Gateway Pundit

On August 30, 2013, President Obama informed Congress that he will be exercising his powers as President to cap the military's pay at one-percent for 2014. Congress can still override the President's cap and send him the 1.8% per current Title 37 mandate; however, Congress would need to find the additional funding required to make this a reality, and finding the additional $580 million will be difficult with the state of today's economy.

I'm still looking for the part that said he cut their pay. According to your own article, they are getting a 1% pay increase. When did an increase become a cut?

What he did was cut the amount of their raise, not cut their pay, and if you have an issue with that then fine, but be honest about what happened.

Presidents don't write Bills, they don't vote on Bills, wanna blame someone for budget cuts blame your Congressperson.

Exactly. You'd think from the idiot comments on this thread that Obama took to the bully pulpit and slammed his fist and demanded these cuts and then took up his "Dictator" pen and signed the bill. Idiots. Since WHEN has Congress done ANYTHING Obama wanted?

I'm still looking for the part that said he cut their pay. According to your own article, they are getting a 1% pay increase. When did an increase become a cut?

What he did was cut the amount of their raise, not cut their pay, and if you have an issue with that then fine, but be honest about what happened.

In most cases with Congress, you'd be correct. It's called 'baseline' budgeting.

In this case, it really was a cut. By Law, there is a formula used to calculate Military Pay raises.

The US congress sent the Pay Raise to the scumbag-in-chief, as REQUIRED BY LAW, and he UNILATERALLY cut the pay raise down to 1%.

Also, the real inflation in this Country is calculated to be around 5%. The 'official' inflation rate is a hand-job. Total Bullshit.

So, by the end of the year, a Serviceman or Woman's pay will be worth 4% less than it is now.

THAT, is REAL cut. Not a make-believe cut.... A real cut.

And obama did it all by his lonesome. Nobody else to blame. Just him.

Funny how the DISGUSTING FILTH in the LSM never mentioned it, huh?

Presidents don't write Bills, they don't vote on Bills, wanna blame someone for budget cuts blame your Congressperson.

Exactly. You'd think from the idiot comments on this thread that Obama took to the bully pulpit and slammed his fist and demanded these cuts and then took up his "Dictator" pen and signed the bill. Idiots. Since WHEN has Congress done ANYTHING Obama wanted?

You stupid bitch..... That is EXACTLY what he did.

He UNILATERALLY cut the Military Base Pay raise against the wishes of Congress

It's part of a bipartisan budget agreement that pares down annual cost of living increases in benefits for military retirees under age 62, saving the government an estimated $6.3 billion over a decade. Goon.

I am one of the military retirees who will be affected by this.

We have a $17 trillion shit sandwich, and everyone has to take a bite. So I am really okay with taking yet another hit to my retiree benefits as long as EVERYONE makes an equal sacrifice.

The only problem I have in this situation is with the unbelievably credulous retards who are trying to pin it all on Obama. I'm sick and tired of these knee jerk reflex assholes who are so fucking willfully clueless. They slam their hands over their eyes and ears to facts, but leave their mouths uncovered so they can regurgitate the manufactured bullshit fed to them.

This cut is in Paul Ryan's budget.

Me too. I'm proud to be a part, albeit small, of the sacrifice.

If only businesses would do tge same and return 1% of their profits to employee.

I'm still looking for the part that said he cut their pay. According to your own article, they are getting a 1% pay increase. When did an increase become a cut?[/SIZE]

Every village has an idiot and every online forum has an Edgie (who suffers from terminal wedgie).

Learn how to read you stupid bitch.

Better yet, do the world a favor and kill yourself

LMAO! You've been killed on this thread. Gateway Pundit can spin it any way they want. They are still getting a raise.

With 900,000 Vets on Food Stamps, Obama Cuts Military Benefits

This is a lie: someone is trying to get into your pocket book.

whining about military retirees. LOL. The real scandal was the processing of disability claims stemming from perpetual war, and believe it or not, the administration has made some headway.

And I'm not an obama fan.

At VA, Shinseki seeks to tackle disability claims backlog, homelessness - The Washington Post

I'm a fan of that guy, and Obama hired him after Bushii fired him.

The final cost of the Iraq, including the medical costs for the tens of thousands maimed for life could easily top 6 trillion. I suspect that figure is way too low.

US Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq to Cost $6 trillion | Global Research

Add in the Bush Tax cuts not offset with any spending cuts and the shattered economy from deregulation and you have most of the deficit.

Course, the two wars, the tax cuts, the deregulation, obviously it's all Obama's fault.
smirk_bush.jpg

Forum List

Back