Wine, Beer or Liquor

So its like I promisedyself Id only drink half a bottle tonight but it looks like Im gonna hafta break some promises.

Almost finished with this bottle of Ketel One tomorrow is another day, a new bottle and a new adventure.

Coconut Rum Taste Test

  
I usually get Malibu and that brand is fine. Tried Largo some months ago had no issue with it. Now I got Zeal and Don Q and either my sense of taste is bad today or they both seem a bit too much like coconut flavored rubbing alcohol. Maybe someone got into my liquor and ruined it or maybe my tongue is off today. Hmm.. but it appears Malibu is the best so far. Maybe thats why its the most popular

But of the two I have now Don Q is definitely richer and fuller in flavor than Zeal. Zeal tastes sort of flat and stale in comparison.

Second Coconut Rum Rating

Theres actually quite a few coconut rums on the shelf now and at this time I picked up Malibu, Largo, Don Q and Bacardi. Immediate comparison knocks Largo out instantly, dont know what I was thinking last time I got it. So now its Don Q but I havent given the Bacardi a good chance yet. Malibu is definitely the sweetest and smoothest but Don Q has a richer coconut taste.

I want to make that AND I want to put it in a martini glass with the edible glitter.

Mike's Hard Lemonade + Bacardi Coconut Rum = Pretty Damn Good.

You heard it here first.

Nothing beats good whisky.
But occasionally I just want beer because it's refreshing.

Oddly, I could drink a pint of Jack and be just about fine the next day, but sometimes a sixpack will make me feel awful.

I actually just bought a nice little copper still on Amazon and I can't wait to try it. Doing research first. I have an A.S..in Microbio and Chem so that helps. Need to start shopping for ingredients soon.

Nothing beats good whisky.
But occasionally I just want beer because it's refreshing.

Oddly, I could drink a pint of Jack and be just about fine the next day, but sometimes a sixpack will make me feel awful.
If you like whiskey youll love Grand Marnier. Mid price range worth every penny.

If you like whiskey youll love Grand Marnier. Mid price range worth every penny.
I've had it. It was ok, IMO. Not bad at all

I've come to really like Old Tin Cup..I'll buy it when on sale. Proper Twelve and Tullamore Dew too.

I've had it. It was ok, IMO. Not bad at all

I've come to really like Old Tin Cup..I'll buy it when on sale. Proper Twelve and Tullamore Dew too.
Didnt try Old Tin Cup, was told about it but somehow never got around to it

Didnt try Old Tin Cup, was told about it but somehow never got around to it
Nice light colored straight-up American whiskey, not a bourbon. Semi-polished and not too harsh. No phantom flavor notes, just a well made simple whisky.

Forum List

Back