Wine, Beer or Liquor

wine- Boone's Farm, or Mogen David
I don't think it is called Boone's Farm anymore. Gallo has been changing that brand for over 50 years. In the 60's when they purchased the brand from the Pio Valley winery in NY, it was called Pio Valley Boones Farm. That gave way to Boones Farm and currently, I believe it is marketed as Boones. It is all smoke and mirrors at large wineries anyway. An example is, Ripple wine and Boones Farm Wild Mountain wine. They were the same wine, same bottle. The filler never shut down. They just changed the label on the bottle and the printer on the case. BTW, Mogen David is the parent label of MD-2020 owned by Franzia Winery, related to Gallo by marriage.

First time I got drunk was on red wine when I was 13. I'm 50 now, and I guess it's been beer at least 50% of the time since then. I'll also do bourbon now and then, or some other American whiskey. I've never been too crazy about non-American whiskies but some are ok. Crown Royal, for instance. I also still drink wine and drank exclusively hearty reds for many years. For some reason I've changed in the past year or so. Lately I've drank Pinot Grigio with almost no exception. It tastes great, has a light fruity taste, and has just about as much alcohol as red wine.

In the past two weeks I drank a half pint of Jack Daniels, a 12 pack of assorted Samuel Adams beers....and in the past week I've suddenly taken a great liking to Carlsberg (Danish) Elephant, a really nice heavy pilsner with about 7.2%ABV. I alternate alot between these types of things although beer, as I said probably dominates about 50% of my drinking preference.

Butter Pecan AND the Banana Pudding Sipping Cream=yuck.

The Butter Pecan one was like I snorted pecans.

Drank my Grand Marnier shot and it was great, definitely going to start buying this by the liter.

Chocolate milk with amaretto for me tonight.

Try this delicious low alcohol content drink. Tastes as good as a frapacino probably better.

Use 6 ounces 2% milk
0.5 ounces Hersheys Zero syrup
0.2 ounces Folgers instant crystals
2 ounces Mr. Stacks amaretto

Cover with a lid and shake intensly. Serve cold. Tastes best when foamy. I surprised myself with this mix.

I only drink for medicinal reasons.

First I must say that the key in drinking(if you do not want to harm your health)is moderation...like 1 or two oz. of alcohol daily at the most.

From my research I have found that Kentucky straight bourbon is one of the better health drinks if not the best.

I have 1 or 2 shots just before going to bed to help me get to sleep.

Some do claim it interferes witrh sleep.....since I get very little sleep anyhow....I have not noticed that...getting to sleep is my big problem and combining 20 mg of melatonin with 1 or two shots of straight bourbon usually works for me whilst burning 1 teaspoon of red vein kratom in my incense burner.....has a nice aroma and is very relaxing......also take a teaspoon of Ashwaghanda....exceptional herb with many health benefits....helping to induce sleep is just one of them.

Though I do not reccomend it for anyone else....I must emphasize that...since so many cannot drink with moderation.....also recognizing the well known fact that aclcohol a legal drug inflicts more harm on people than any other drug.

Last edited:
I only drink for medicinal reasons.

First I must say that the key in drinking(if you do not want to harm your health)is moderation...like 1 or two oz. of alcohol daily at the most.

From my research I have found that Kentucky straight bourbon is one of the better health drinks if not the best.

I have 1 or 2 shots just before going to bed to help me get to sleep.

Some do claim it interferes witrh sleep.....since I get very little sleep anyhow....I have not noticed that...getting to sleep is my big problem and combining 20 mg of melatonin with 1 or two shots of straight bourbon usually works for me whilst burning 1 teaspoon of red vein kratom in my incense burner.....has a nice aroma and is very relaxing......also take a teaspoon of Ashwaghanda....exceptional herb with many health benefits....helping to induce sleep is just one of them.

Though I do not reccomend it for anyone else....I must emphasize that...since so many cannot drink with moderation.....also recognizing the well known fact that aclcohol a legal drug inflicts more harm on people than any other drug.

I worked up a drink that you should try, tastes really good.

10oz lowfat milk
1oz hersheys zero sugar syrup
2.5oz Malibu rum
1oz amaretto
Shake intensely (I used a glass jar with a lid)

I cant get enough of these.
I'm drinking these with variations on the mix, trying to find a perfect balance.

Try this one on for size. 1 oz vodka, 1 oz Frangelico. Dredge a lemon wedge in sugar. Slam the drink followed by sucking on the lemon wedge. You will taste the wonderful flavor of a moist chocolate cake.
I will check out this Frangelico, never had it before, thanks! :alcoholic:

I'm drinking these with variations on the mix, trying to find a perfect balance.
Can't get enough of these, and the best mix so far:

12 ounce 1% milk
1 ounce Hersheys zero chocolate syrup
3.5 ounce coconut rum
0.5 ounce amaretto

Shake intensly, serve cold.

A variation is with the coffee crystals but I can't get the taste right.

I also like putting liquor in protein shakes like Core Power and Muscle Milk but those are highly sweetened and who knows whats really in there? I like mine better and its a lot lower in the sugar content.

I got my bottle of Grand Marnier and tried mixing it with Sugar Free Red Bull and initially the taste was a bad mix. Second glass though wasn't so bad because I can't taste the conflicting flavors in the drink, I am quickly numbed. Not a liquor you can plan on guzzling like you do whiskey because it gets you fuckt up fast. I can drink upwards of a half fifth to three quarters fifth of Jack by myself without a hangover, this GM though really hits you smooth and hard.

It was the bottle design that got me interested, (classy, well done) because I will tell you right now, I got no interest in (grand ma)rnier, no interest in marines. I guess girls will forever stake their lives on a few words while us men stick with physical reality, so those liquor crafters really know how to muddle the status quo, don't they?

I will try other cognacs soon enough, as theres a good selection, but most of them are very pricey, so beware, you'll want to fatten your wallet before travelling this path.

Last edited:
IMG_20220727_205827229.jpg
I am mixing this with milk, folgers crystals and chocolate syrup. Yum.

Forum List

Back