Will Trump pull a LBJ?

Now that would be good news. I think the remainder of his term would be hell for all, though. We've seen him when he's relatively happy with himself and his popularity. That is bad enough. Wait 'til he feels he's failed. You ain't seen vindictive yet.
If Trump withdraws he will first call himself a winner then blame everyone and anyone for his withdrawal.
You cabbage-heads sure do love to smoke the bullcrap, don't you? Poll numbers! Zodiac signs! Trump looked tired walking back to the WH late at night in the dark after putting in an exhausting 20 hour day! You assholes better just focus on getting your old man Biden to just show up at a fucking debate first. See if the creep can even manage that before you go putting him in the White House.

Personally, I don't think the senile perv even has it in him to stand there and perform for 2-3 debates on a big stage under hot lights giving honest, spontaneous, cogent answers without a board up his ass.

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. He may have been tired after a 20 hour day but Trump, if nothing else has always been image conscious. When he's in front of a camera, it doesn't matter if he's tired or not, he always projects a polished image (in appearance anyway). Getting off that chopper, his shoulders were slumped, his head was down, and his tie was undone. That's not exhausted, that's dejected, demoralized, defeated. The rally was an absolute dud and he was beside himself.

I'll take Biden's gaffes over the shit show we've seen for the last 3+ years. And with about 20 women making accusations against Trump, the whole perv thing kinda falls flat.

View attachment 356673

Gaparino goes on to say he doubts Trump will withdraw. Pulling a LBJ means withdrawing from the presidential race. I think the possibility is really slim, but if his poll numbers continue to tank...
LBJ saw he was headed for a landslide defeat and backed out.
Trump is delusional. He believes the adoring MAGA crowds represent America, he only interviews with conservative media, he won’t acknowledge that 2016 was a fluke. All polls are fake and polls are always wrong

Lol
Poll numbers? Have you seen his rallies? 21 million watched his rally last week..ON A SATURDAY NIGHTS!
His last rally was a colossal failure.
21 million is a failure.. well then
A 100,000 were expected. A little over 6,000 showed up. That is the definition of failure.
There were 3 gates blocked you had a Certain amount of time to get into the gate to be checked for your temperature thousands went home so they can watch it on TV

View attachment 356673

Gaparino goes on to say he doubts Trump will withdraw. Pulling a LBJ means withdrawing from the presidential race. I think the possibility is really slim, but if his poll numbers continue to tank...
Trump is delusional. He believes the adoring MAGA crowds represent America, he only interviews with conservative media, he won’t acknowledge that 2016 was a fluke. All polls are fake and polls are always wrong
Trump does have one attribute that ties him to reality. That is his love of making a buck. If Trump sees he is headed for a landslide defeat he knows that his chances of monetizing his post-presidency falls precipitously. So he has a calculation to make. Withdraw, blame others, and then go on start the Trump News Network. Or lose in a landslide defeat in which case loser is tattooed to his forehead for all eternity.

Poll numbers? Have you seen his rallies? 21 million watched his rally last week..ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!
I saw his rally. They promised us Redneck Woodstock and gave us Fyre Fest: The Echoing Emptiness.
Did that fest have rioters block a gate?
You're missing the point. Fyre Fest was a scam, ergo its comparison to a Trump rally.
What? Trumps gates were blocked

Poll numbers? Have you seen his rallies? 21 million watched his rally last week..ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!
I saw his rally. They promised us Redneck Woodstock and gave us Fyre Fest: The Echoing Emptiness.
You're missing the point. Fyre Fest was a scam, ergo its comparison to a Trump rally.
What? Trumps gates were blocked.
Perhaps, but not as much as your mental capacity!

What? Trumps gates were blocked.
Perhaps, but not as much as your mental capacity!
What?

Lol
Poll numbers? Have you seen his rallies? 21 million watched his rally last week..ON A SATURDAY NIGHTS!
A 100,000 were expected. A little over 6,000 showed up. That is the definition of failure.
There were 3 gates blocked you had a Certain amount of time to get into the gate to be checked for your temperature thousands went home so they can watch it on TV

Almost the entire upper deck of the arena was empty. They cancelled the outdoor event for lack of participation. There were people camping out in front of the arena for more than a day...and he can't fill a 17,000 seat stadium? It was a dud. He was expecting a massive crowd for a coming out party that would re-ignite his campaign and magically cause everyone of us to forget that there were 120K+ people dead and almost 17% unemployment...all on his watch.

Oh and BTW, a lot of people (like myself) simply tuned into his pep rally to see what he'd say or do. It was the weakest rally he's ever held. All his greatest hits from 2016 were falling flat on their face. By any reasonable measure, this rally was a bust.

View attachment 356673

Trump does have one attribute that ties him to reality. That is his love of making a buck. If Trump sees he is headed for a landslide defeat he knows that his chances of monetizing his post-presidency falls precipitously. So he has a calculation to make. Withdraw, blame others, and then go on start the Trump News Network. Or lose in a landslide defeat in which case loser is tattooed to his forehead for all eternity.
I think the TRUMP brand is trash
Most would benefit from being president. Trump has been so divisive that patronizing his properties is now a political statement.
If he goes down to a massive political defeat, the aura of the TRUMP name will be gone. Yes, the MAGA crowd will still patronize his name, many others will be turned away.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
View attachment 356673

Most would benefit from being president. Trump has been so divisive that patronizing his properties is now a political statement.
If he goes down to a massive political defeat, the aura of the TRUMP name will be gone. Yes, the MAGA crowd will still patronize his name, many others will be turned away.
I agree about his brand. After his defeat most his supporters will drift away. However, a small group of his most ardent supporters will hold vigils for his second coming.

Lol

Almost the entire upper deck of the arena was empty. They cancelled the outdoor event for lack of participation. There were people camping out in front of the arena for more than a day...and he can't fill a 17,000 seat stadium? It was a dud. He was expecting a massive crowd for a coming out party that would re-ignite his campaign and magically cause everyone of us to forget that there were 120K+ people dead and almost 17% unemployment...all on his watch.

Oh and BTW, a lot of people (like myself) simply tuned into his pep rally to see what he'd say or do. It was the weakest rally he's ever held. All his greatest hits from 2016 were falling flat on their face. By any reasonable measure, this rally was a bust.
And one of the 3 major gates were blocked by rioters, they had to be in at a certain time. They all team to get home to watch the great rally on TV .. 21 million

Going back to the OP and Mr. Gasparino’s tweet, the question is is Trump adept enough to turn around his poll numbers. I think the answer is in. It is a resounding NO. He just can’t seem to reach beyond his base and even his base is now growing soft.

Everyday his poll numbers sink will be another day Trump thinks it is not worth pursuing another term. Remember also that Gasparino is a Trump supporter and close to the Trump WH so we can gather that this discussion must be going on.

Last edited:
View attachment 356673

I agree about his brand. After his defeat most his supporters will drift away. However, a small group of his most ardent supporters will hold vigils for his second coming.
Like Howard Stern said, most of the MAGA crowd would not be welcomed at Trump properties.

Lol

And one of the 3 major gates were blocked by rioters, they had to be in at a certain time. They all team to get home to watch the great rally on TV .. 21 million

Well...there weren't millions of people hanging out in front of the arena who suddenly went back home to watch because three gates were locked. The probability of that being the case is just about worse than infinitesimal.
It was a dud. As was his rally in Arizona. Two states that are now seeing a spike in the virus (still in the first wave BTW).

Lol

Well...there weren't millions of people hanging out in front of the arena who suddenly went back home to watch because three gates were locked. The probability of that being the case is just about worse than infinitesimal.
It was a dud. As was his rally in Arizona. Two states that are now seeing a spike in the virus (still in the first wave BTW).
Yes they went home to watch the rally.

Forum List

Back