will trump lift sanctions on russia

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
seems the upcoming meeting....wh is saying nothing much on agenda while russians are saying tis a formal sit down to discuss lifting the newest sanctions

curious to the outcome of this meeting.....any opines on how it will go?

No, Trump won't lift sanctions on Russia. He wants Europe to buy American liquid gas and Russia so far is the largest gas supplier to Europe in the world and thus Russia is a strong competitor. USA believes that sanctions weaken Russia, but Putin finds a lot of countries in the world to deal with.

I don't know Stratford. If lifting sanctions weren't a big deal to Russia, they wouldn't be telling the people it is on the agenda. I have no idea how much they are impacting Russia, but Russia seems to be saying they matter.

After the US shot down that Syrian Jet, I think they will have more important things to talk about than oil and gas. I hope they can avoid a shooting war.

What Are Sanctions, And Why Is The U.S. Sanctioning Russia?

Economic sanctions are a withdrawal of financial and trade partnerships levied against governments to punish them for violating international norms, such as what Russia did by invading sovereign Ukraine without provocation. The U.S. body that oversees sanctions is the U.S Department of the Treasury.

The American sanctions specifically target Russia’s energy sector, which makes up more than half of the country’s Gross Domestic Product. No U.S. oil company can do business with Russia, nor can any companies sell drilling technology needed to access oil and gas reserves. U.S. banks cannot issue long-term loans to Russian businesses for energy-focused projects.

European banks are also prohibited from engaging in similar financing, as the European Union has also sanctioned Moscow; consequently, Russian companies have been forced to rely on Beijing for loans for significantly lower amounts.

All of this is designed to weaken a key sector of Russia’s economy in hopes the pressure will entice Putin, over time, to reverse his annexation of Crimea and to withdraw Russian troops and its support of rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The Obama administration believed economic sanctions were the most precise method of punishing Moscow without an escalation of involving the U.S. in an armed conflict. Some experts believe they are effective so far. But Obama is gone and how much of an impact sanctions will have in the future largely depends on Trump.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-american-sanctions-against-russia-explained-1791938454

no matter the particulars i just hope that the President Trump will do what he thinks is best for the USA . That being said , if Trump can destroy anything that mrobama did while doing that which is best for the USA , well , i hope that he does it SBones. [as further diminishment of mrobama]

What Are Sanctions, And Why Is The U.S. Sanctioning Russia?

Economic sanctions are a withdrawal of financial and trade partnerships levied against governments to punish them for violating international norms, such as what Russia did by invading sovereign Ukraine without provocation. The U.S. body that oversees sanctions is the U.S Department of the Treasury.

The American sanctions specifically target Russia’s energy sector, which makes up more than half of the country’s Gross Domestic Product. No U.S. oil company can do business with Russia, nor can any companies sell drilling technology needed to access oil and gas reserves. U.S. banks cannot issue long-term loans to Russian businesses for energy-focused projects.

European banks are also prohibited from engaging in similar financing, as the European Union has also sanctioned Moscow; consequently, Russian companies have been forced to rely on Beijing for loans for significantly lower amounts.

All of this is designed to weaken a key sector of Russia’s economy in hopes the pressure will entice Putin, over time, to reverse his annexation of Crimea and to withdraw Russian troops and its support of rebels in eastern Ukraine.

The Obama administration believed economic sanctions were the most precise method of punishing Moscow without an escalation of involving the U.S. in an armed conflict. Some experts believe they are effective so far. But Obama is gone and how much of an impact sanctions will have in the future largely depends on Trump.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-american-sanctions-against-russia-explained-1791938454
If the Deep State in DC hadn't used Nazi's in Tbilisi to overthrow the democratically elected government, none of this would have been an issue.

Sanctions come and go. Were lefties curious when Barry Hussein decided to shower Iran with boxcar loads of cash and euros? What if Russia takes the side of the U.S. regarding North Korea? Is it worth lifting sanctions? It's really strange that the left used to parade with Russian flags and wear T shirts depicting images of revolutionaries like " Che" but they are now drumming up freaking war with Russia. Nothing makes sense on the left unless you factor in the possibility that the left never did give a damn about the U.S. or Russia and they are motivated by hatred for republicans.

i think putin will roll over him....trump doesnt show a spine...he attacks those he knows he can get away with attacking....he will roll over like a french ho on payday

No, Trump won't lift sanctions on Russia. He wants Europe to buy American liquid gas and Russia so far is the largest gas supplier to Europe in the world and thus Russia is a strong competitor. USA believes that sanctions weaken Russia, but Putin finds a lot of countries in the world to deal with.

Cool story but Trump and his motivations are not to be conflated with USA

seems the upcoming meeting....wh is saying nothing much on agenda while russians are saying tis a formal sit down to discuss lifting the newest sanctions

What are they being sanctioned for?
Does anyone "really know"?
It'd be nice if The American People were actually shown some evidence that Russia actually accomplished anything but send some mean tweets.

I hope so

Russia needs to be punished for meddling in our election and downright stealing other elections in Europe..
President Obama had the right idea with sanctions...
The orange anus still can't handle that Americans loved Obama more than he so I'm guessing he'll do the wrong thing AGAIN, for the wrong reason.

Forum List

Back