Will "Threads" kill off the failing Twitter platform ?

Zuckerburg is launching Threads to challenge twitter and the question is that its launch will sink the ailing social media platform.

The obvious answer is that it depends on the quality of the service that is offered. The mess that is twitter seems to lurch from crisis to crisis. Th content now seems to veer between pix of cats and posts by alleged criminals like Tait.

Its not a compelling offer.

But launching a new platform is not easy. Trump floundered when he tried it.
Nope.

It's already censoring anything but the "official truth"...

article-64a6f42dae14c.jpg

When you have morally conservative voices being silenced like Dr. Jordan Peterson without rhyme or reason...just to disrupt his financial stream. That's a problem.

He was not promoting hate or violence....the exact opposite....and just logic and reasoning.

This is what is controlling voices on Zuckerberg's new site. Which already has a lawsuit for copyright infringement by Musk.

And considering how similar it is with Twitter(almost identical) it doesn't look good for Zuckerberg. Like a whole bunch of money just got flushed and more to follow....especially for the data mapping (Facebook stealing your information from Twitter)

Oh it's gonna be a hammer and tongs party for these two. My money is on Elon. Zuckerberg is too much a weenie.

And threads is about to get hit with a Federal C&D order shutting them effectively down.

And Twitter is not failing....I think they are doing just fine. Gotta look at the latest quarterly estimates but I'm thinking that their model is stable. It certainly is better than FB or one of the others.

Amazing that you have such detailed data.
Because you don't understand SEC rules and regulations. So yeah....they are making statements on the edge of being truthful...and you are taking them to mean something that they are not.

Threads has over 100m bots and trolls.

Musk isn't worried.

I like data.....

1689287669249.png

1689287762455.png

"With over 20 million downloads, India is on top with nearly 25% contribution to the total number of downloads. This was followed by Brazil, US, Mexico and UK with 18 million, 15 million and 5 million and 4 million downloads respectively."

I like data.....

View attachment 804264

View attachment 804265

"With over 20 million downloads, India is on top with nearly 25% contribution to the total number of downloads. This was followed by Brazil, US, Mexico and UK with 18 million, 15 million and 5 million and 4 million downloads respectively."

Read carefully the statements coming from Meta directly....because the FTC regulates those....everyone else is just media hype.

Elon tossed a bunch of bots from Twitter and has allowed conservatives to have a voice there as well as liberals. (Free speech)
What he hasn't exactly tossed is the troll farms...because they are people even though they represent over 1000 accounts per person.

Zuckerburg is launching Threads to challenge twitter and the question is that its launch will sink the ailing social media platform.

The obvious answer is that it depends on the quality of the service that is offered. The mess that is twitter seems to lurch from crisis to crisis. Th content now seems to veer between pix of cats and posts by alleged criminals like Tait.

Its not a compelling offer.

But launching a new platform is not easy. Trump floundered when he tried it.
What's the update on Threads and Twitter, is Twitter/X gone?

Forum List

Back