Will "Threads" kill off the failing Twitter platform ?

Musk seemed concerned more with freedom of speech issues than trying to make money from it.

But Leftists like yourself know that anywhere there is freedom of speech, despotic Leftism cannot flourish.

As for conservatism being dead, I'm sure they said Christianity was dead when they nailed Christ to a cross as his followers abandoned him as well.

But unlike yourself, I don't believe that having the majority believe as you do makes you right, nor does it make you right based on worldly riches.

But that is the Left, their whole goal is manipulating everyone to think as they do, and taking everyone's money in the process.

It gives them warm fuzzies and a sense of superiority over pretty much everything and everyone.
I’m not seeing much freedom of speech coming from Musk Twitter, just different and far more erratic rules.

The government does not have to regulate it. Once people find that EVs can do everything internal-combustion cars can do and they are cheaper, they will switch.
EV's don't do everything. My vehicle does 643 miles on a tank of fuel, the equivalent EV is a manufacturers reported 120 miles, I do over 100 miles a day. I can tow, the equivalent EV can't. I can carry more payload, the EV batteries takes up a third of that. I can park my vehicle where I want, with the equivalent EV I would have to try to find a charge point in the town, then either sit there waiting or walk a couple of miles home. The equivalent EV is 50% more to buy. With the price of electric at charge points, it now costs more to charge an EV than put diesel in. What I just said is reality.

Threads will have to improve on the tsitter experience to make progress.
The BBC and C4 covered the mutiny in great depth. It must be an American thing not to do so.
Oh we heard about it....but it is just liberal extremists that left Twitter (for a while) Even Rosanne Barr is back on Twitter....Trump still posts as well.

I am anything but an Elon Musk fan. He is a corporate raider no different than any other billionaire. But Twitter is better and easier to navigate to find the topics and people that you want to see instead of everything you don't.
On FB I found out THREE months late that my aunt had gotten ill and passed....it never got anywhere near my feed....no...instead I got to see all about a bunch of crap that I have never been interested in. None of my friends except for the ones who throw up drivel instead of the ones with substantive posts about their lives.

So NO....between the CP and the crap I'm done with META. They ain't got a thing I want. Not Even in "Marketplace "

So one got passed the goalie and it pisses you off.

Here.

Tissues.jpg
What the fuck are you talking about? :auiqs.jpg:YOU are one of those gullible conservatives.
I don't give a shit what happens to Twitter or Musk. You're the one lionizing this corporatist as some sort of savior...just like you worship Trump.
Except both are absolute frauds. Thanks for the tissue to wipe away my tears of laughter. Appreciate that.

You should do some research.
No you should, or at least understand what you read.
Twitter sued India, which in India is rather moot, over censorship and lockdown orders.
Twitter also publicly stated their remorse over India's decision to do so.
So for Twitter, they basically had two choices - shutdown those accounts or India would totally shutdown Twitter in India.

The only out I see for Musk is he sells tweeter while he can and moves on. Money can buy you love, a big house, friends, opportunities, and for Musk a failed business venture. Who knows maybe Trump will be interested once he pays all his legal bills.

I guess when dealing with a whole bunch of non employees then it does require some social skills.

The only out I see for Musk is he sells tweeter while he can and moves on. Money can buy you love, a big house, friends, opportunities, and for Musk a failed business venture. Who knows maybe Trump will be interested once he pays all his legal bills.

I guess when dealing with a whole bunch of non employees then it does require some social skills.
Musk has stated several times, though he is interested in moving Twitter into profitability - and certainly on track to do so, he is more interested in providing uncensored content than other social media.

Tweeter may be useful and well like by many but when you have the annoying factor then the product becomes a reflection of management.

We remember when Musk say he would step down and had a vote. He lost and he still there. His recent flip flop on the number of tweet limits between verified users and non verified users have annoyed people .

People like tweeter because they tweet short message which means they are tweeting a lot. Yet there seems to be some problems that he is trying to address. People were complaining about errors in posting tweets that they were having.

He has implemented new policies that many do not like.

Musk has cut employees of the company down by 75%

He pushed user having problems over to Trumps truth network that cause the other social network to crash.

I don't know but it seems to me that Musk is trying to trim down tweeter and make it more profitable.

Seems like he is having a trump like moment when all that he touches turns gold but some things that he touches has problems.

Zuckerburg is launching Threads to challenge twitter and the question is that its launch will sink the ailing social media platform.

The obvious answer is that it depends on the quality of the service that is offered. The mess that is twitter seems to lurch from crisis to crisis. Th content now seems to veer between pix of cats and posts by alleged criminals like Tait.

Its not a compelling offer.

But launching a new platform is not easy. Trump floundered when he tried it.
The goons at SEC are blocking TRUTH Social from trading publicly.

No you should, or at least understand what you read.
Twitter sued India, which in India is rather moot, over censorship and lockdown orders.
Twitter also publicly stated their remorse over India's decision to do so.
So for Twitter, they basically had two choices - shutdown those accounts or India would totally shutdown Twitter in India.
A free speech "absolutist"w ould have shut it down. The BBC is a stronger advocate for free speech than musk. At least they are prepared to expose modi.
Musk is an adhd spoilt kid.

A free speech "absolutist"w ould have shut it down. The BBC is a stronger advocate for free speech than musk. At least they are prepared to expose modi.
Musk is an adhd spoilt kid.
So random words again?
You said he censored speech in India and linked an article.
But the article points out that Twitter sued India over their censorship requirements and shutting them down. India told Twitter either block the accounts or they would shut down Twitter completely.
He didn't have a choice. There is so much blocked in India that Musk did the right thing by at least leaving Twitter up so citizens have some ability to communicate.

So random words again?
You said he censored speech in India and linked an article.
But the article points out that Twitter sued India over their censorship requirements and shutting them down. India told Twitter either block the accounts or they would shut down Twitter completely.
He didn't have a choice. There is so much blocked in India that Musk did the right thing by at least leaving Twitter up so citizens have some ability to communicate.
Exactly. So much for free speech.Its great till someone says no and then he just meekly rolls over.

And that's beside the point that we have almost 40 years of a track record for "conservatism" to know it's a dead and failed ideology and belief system.
You're in a Nation Whose Economy Is Modeled on Urination

Only the laissez-faire, neo-con foreign policy, and anti-abortion parts of Conservatism are dead. There's still many anti-Populist schemes in its agenda that should be dying but aren't because the excesses of the Left are distracting us from destroying the excesses of the Right.

Forum List

Back