What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Smith, Antoine Fuqua Won’t Shoot ‘Emancipation’ in Georgia Because of Voting Restrictions

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Reaction score
OMG having ID to prove who you are is so horrific!!!
That ain't the end of it there were several other measures added all of which were specifically designed to make voting harder in cities That is fine those of us that live in metropolitan areas are aware of this and you can expect we will treat you in kind when we are in power. It won't be voting rights we will attack it will be sharing our tax base. Good luck funding your low population infrastructure in the future. We will make getting matching funds for low population bridge sewer and water replacement really fun. Just like you fuck with how many poling spots and machines we can fuck with how many job sites have to be going at one time to receive matching funds.All we have to do is look at average budget of non population counties and calculate how many jobs have to be going at once to where you can not come up with your share. Have fun with that.

AMart

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That ain't the end of it there were several other measures added all of which were specifically designed to make voting harder in cities That is fine those of us that live in metropolitan areas are aware of this and you can expect we will treat you in kind when we are in power. It won't be voting rights we will attack it will be sharing our tax base. Good luck funding your low population infrastructure in the future. We will make getting matching funds for low population bridge sewer and water replacement really fun. Just like you fuck with how many poling spots and machines we can fuck with how many job sites have to be going at one time to receive matching funds.All we have to do is look at average budget of non population counties and calculate how many jobs have to be going at once to where you can not come up with your share. Have fun with that.
Voting is easy. Register with the county, they have your address and they mail or email people their voting location. People can even vote early before election day. If you don't want to do that get an absentee ballot.

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I support them with this 100%.

I support any and all who pull their business not just from Georgia but from any and all states that pass these draconian and very unAmerican voter suppression laws.

I'm very proud that my state has not even introduced any of these voter suppression laws. Republicans are the minority in my state and can't do anything to pass any voting suppression laws.

BLM should burn Will Smith's movie sets to the ground for pulling business from all the local black business owners in the vicinity of where the movie would have been filmed.

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Reaction score
Voting is easy. Register with the county, they have your address and they mail or email people their voting location. People can even vote early before election day. If you don't want to do that get an absentee ballot.
Voting is not easy in heavily populated areas. I have waited 7 hours in line. Big pain in ass.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is no voter suppression going on in Georgia.

That is a flat-out lie.
Just shorting voting days...just shorter voting hours...just fewer polling places...just fewer ballot drop off boxes in urban areas...just more hoops to jump thru to get an absentee ballot.

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I support them with this 100%.

I support any and all who pull their business not just from Georgia but from any and all states that pass these draconian and very unAmerican voter suppression laws.

I'm very proud that my state has not even introduced any of these voter suppression laws. Republicans are the minority in my state and can't do anything to pass any voting suppression laws.

BLM should burn Will Smith's movie sets to the ground for pulling business from all the local black business owners in the vicinity of where the movie would have been filmed.
Especially over a lie.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey, great work Kemp. Nobody wants to come to your state now. You've totally ruined a legendary state that Ray Charles sang about.

...moron.

It wasn't just kemp. The republicans in the Georgia congress are responsible too.

They wrote and passed the legislation.

kemp signed it.

They all are responsible for this.
What do you object to? Be specific and quote the statute

Nostra

Diamond Member
Reaction score
List these measures that make voting harder. Quote the statute, not your lefty talking points you have been fed.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Reaction score

That is a flat-out lie.
Just shorting voting days...just shorter voting hours...just fewer polling places...just fewer ballot drop off boxes in urban areas...just more hoops to jump thru to get an absentee ballot.
All lies. Quote the statute.

WTF19

Platinum Member
Reaction score
is that the shit stain that pimps its old lady out?....or does she just like a different organ?

WTF19

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Boycotts are as American as apple pie.

If those actors do not wish to film in Georgia, that is their right, and they will no doubt receive many kudos from people who agree with them.

And, on the other hand, those people who think the Georgia laws are fair and sensible may visit Georgia in order to show their support by contributing to the hospitality industry during their stay.

Bottom line: The courts will make sure that every eligible voter gets to cast a vote.
Their trying to make sure every ineligible voter can cast a vote.
This is a lie.
TRUTH

Darkwind

Platinum Member
Reaction score

That is a flat-out lie.
All of that is a lie.

Eric Arthur Blair

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Still looking for a reason to give a fuck about Will Smith and his movie.

Eric Arthur Blair

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I heard Will Smith had to suck Harvey Weinstein's dick way back in his early acting days (pre-Independence Day).
Lots of people did. They say Clark Gable had to lick the old pink lollipop to get his career going.

So how will society get by without Smith's important socially viable movie? Frankly I think we'll do okay.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List