Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 81 71.1%

• Total voters
How about all the Republicans on USMB who want to end the programs?

Stop lying. It's like you guys saying you're not trying to ban abortion but then argue the next day that it's murder. Fucking liars.

Why have Republicans been telling us for decades to "not count on your social security being there" if they didn't mean it?

Reagan called it communism and the end of America as we know it.

You may not even realize it but it's coming you dumb sonofabitch.
Evidently based on your statement:
It's like you guys saying you're not trying to ban abortion but then argue the next day that it's murder. Fucking liars.
Based on that statement you favor racial eradication because the founder of Planned Parenthood said the following which evidently YOU believe and these FACTS:
In 2018, 16% of Planned Parenthood patients were Black — over 395,000 people.
In 2018, 282,000 Black female patients chose to access contraception at a Planned Parenthood health center.
13% of Black patients identify as male — more than 51,000 people.
So why would these blacks support an organization with this as Planned Parenthood's beginning founder?
Planned Parenthood’s founder, Margaret Sanger, must join that list. In promoting birth control, she advanced a controversial "Negro Project," wrote in her autobiography about speaking to a Ku Klux Klan group and advocated for a eugenics approach to breeding for
“the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks — those human weeds
which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization.”

Sanger further urged Dr. Gamble to enlist the help of spiritual leaders to justify their deadly work, writing, “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”
So are you a racist because you believe that Black population should be eradicated? Are you a racist?

There isn't any money - it was spent as fast as it came in.
Actually the FACTs are:
1) SS revenue is lumped together with taxes and then spent by this really inefficient administration on things like this:
The Biden administration is under fire for spending more than $20,000 in taxpayer dollars to fund drag shows in Ecuador.
2) In 2021, $980.06 billion (90.1 percent) of total Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance income came from payroll taxes. The remainder was provided by interest earnings $70.1 billion (6.4 percent) and revenue from taxation of OASDI benefits $37.6 billion (3.4 percent).
3)The projected reserve depletion date for the combined OASI and DI funds is 2035
Trustees Report Summary

You guys blow me away. You cry and cry about them raising your taxes. Making life harder for you. Then you go along with raising my retirement age from 65 to 67 now 70? Let's just call it making me work 5 more years to collect my benefits. If you ask me, I'd rather pay a little higher taxes now when I'm 52 and be able to start collecting at 65. YOU are suggesting making me get up 5 days a week for 50 weeks for an additional 5 fucking years? For 9 hours a day? Are you insane? Talk about bending someone over.

And I PROMISE YOU that in the near future, if Republicans are in charge, there will be a manufactured crisis or recession and Republicans will be forced to cut SS and Medicare 20% in order to SAVE the programs. And a few Dems will go along so you'll call it bi partisan. Hell, maybe you'll even get it done on Biden's watch.

Republicans fuck the masses to give rich people more tax cuts. Idiots.

Lucky for me, I should have 1.2 million when I'm 62. I'm going to collect early. Hopefully before the 20% cuts to future benefactors kicks in. I hope to be grandfathered in. I believe my FULL retirement is 67 now. Republicans will raise younger people's retirement to 70. I'm okay with that.

I think I will get $1200 a month when I'm 62. That's 10 years from now.

One thing that is great about the Feds raising interest rates is I have no debt. And it will raise what banks are giving as far as interest on savings. I heard the other day the US Gov is giving 4%? It's been years since they've given so much. But they are 100% safe. That's where I'm putting my 1.2 million. That's $50K a year interest plus $1200 a month in social security. I can live off that.
you can retire whenever you want.

i actually disagree with simply raising the age, i agree with the gop plan to transform it like the Sweden model.

Republicans aren't getting rid of Social Security. Despite their rhetoric, they're actually fans of big government, and the power that programs like these give to Congress.

Sean Hannity appeared to utter a big fat lie on Fox News this week, claiming no Republican has ever said they wanted to take away Social Security.

Cue the 2010 video of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), then a candidate, saying his objective was “to phase out Social Security ― to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it.”

congressional Republicans “have embraced plans to reduce federal spending on Social Security and Medicare, including cutting benefits for some retirees and raising the retirement age for both safety net programs.”

Some lawmakers have revealed a few specifics on the table if the GOP retakes the House, including raising the Social Security eligibility age to 70, requiring the elderly to pay increased premiums for health insurance, and imposing a strict government debt ceiling that could adversely impact entitlement programs, according to Bloomberg Governmentand the Times.

“I don’t recall ever having advocated for dismantling those — that’s sensitive stuff,” Lee told the Utah newspaper Daily Herald on Oct. 29.

I know you're basically lying, but I suspect you may be so fucking stupid you really don't grasp what Lee said as well.

I mean, you're not a Nazi democrat because you're smart - after all.

/----/ One Republican out of how many? I believe Mike Lee said that, therefore I will not vote for him, and neither should you. We need to primary him out and get a fresh, young conservative in his seat. Agree?

I don't agree at all. Mike Lee is one of the most conservative people in the Senate. Are you looking for another Mitt?

Silly Bonobo is lying - as he always lies.

Phasing out SS in favor of protected retirement accounts simply means that new entrants will be phased to a private equity system rather than having their retirement stolen by congress - which is what happened with SS.

Why have Republicans been telling us for decades to "not count on your social security being there" if they didn't mean it?
you're obviously too stupid to understand the concern. Why don't you educate yourself and learn what the issue actually is.

I'm still waiting for your correction to Rep Lee, you were wrong what he said. your own link proved you were wrong. Correct it chicken.

I don't agree at all. Mike Lee is one of the most conservative people in the Senate. Are you looking for another Mitt?

Silly Bonobo is lying - as he always lies.

Phasing out SS in favor of protected retirement accounts simply means that new entrants will be phased to a private equity system rather than having their retirement stolen by congress - which is what happened with SS.

EXACTLY

It's like you guys saying you're not trying to ban abortion but then argue the next day that it's murder. Fucking liars.
Based on that statement you favor racial eradication because the founder of Planned Parenthood said the following which evidently YOU believe and these FACTS:
In 2018, 282,000 Black female patients chose to access contraception at a Planned Parenthood health center.
So why would these blacks support an organization with this as Planned Parenthood's beginning founder?
Planned Parenthood’s founder, Margaret Sanger, must join that list. In promoting birth control, she advanced a controversial "Negro Project," wrote in her autobiography about speaking to a Ku Klux Klan group and advocated for a eugenics approach to breeding for
“the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extinction, of defective stocks — those human weeds

Sanger further urged Dr. Gamble to enlist the help of spiritual leaders to justify their deadly work, writing, “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”
So are you a racist because you believe that Black population should be eradicated? Are you a racist?
I heard that the planned parenthood facilities were strategically located near black neighborhoods. wow!!!! Genocide

I know you're basically lying, but I suspect you may be so fucking stupid you really don't grasp what Lee said as well.

I mean, you're not a Nazi democrat because you're smart - after all.
I quoted Mike Lee from silly's own link from the daily herald. not what silly said at all. look above this one from me.

You guys blow me away. You cry and cry about them raising your taxes. Making life harder for you. Then you go along with raising my retirement age from 65 to 67 now 70?
Yep.

We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer. That's just plain common sense.

I heard that the planned parenthood facilities were strategically located near black neighborhoods. wow!!!! Genocide
This site has a map of locations
2010 Census results reveal that Planned Parenthood is targeting minority neighborhoods. 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.
  • The national map shows Planned Parenthood surgical abortion facilities that are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.

Sean Hannity appeared to utter a big fat lie on Fox News this week, claiming no Republican has ever said they wanted to take away Social Security.

Cue the 2010 video of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), then a candidate, saying his objective was “to phase out Social Security ― to pull it up by the roots and get rid of it.”

congressional Republicans “have embraced plans to reduce federal spending on Social Security and Medicare, including cutting benefits for some retirees and raising the retirement age for both safety net programs.”

Some lawmakers have revealed a few specifics on the table if the GOP retakes the House, including raising the Social Security eligibility age to 70, requiring the elderly to pay increased premiums for health insurance, and imposing a strict government debt ceiling that could adversely impact entitlement programs, according to Bloomberg Governmentand the Times.

“I don’t recall ever having advocated for dismantling those — that’s sensitive stuff,” Lee told the Utah newspaper Daily Herald on Oct. 29.
I bet you've conveniently forgotten that time when Obama said he wanted to cut Social Security, huh.

blablabla
1667495462475.png

you can retire whenever you want.

i actually disagree with simply raising the age, i agree with the gop plan to transform it like the Sweden model.
Please link to the GOP plan to transform it like the Swedish model.

In Sweden, their social security system literally takes up half their country's GDP!

And the average income tax is 32.34 percent, with wealthier individuals paying an additional 20 percent.

I can't imagine any GOP plan being anything like that.

This site has a map of locations
2010 Census results reveal that Planned Parenthood is targeting minority neighborhoods. 79% of its surgical abortion facilities are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.
  • The national map shows Planned Parenthood surgical abortion facilities that are located within walking distance of African American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods.
Planned Parenthood is simply placing their clinics where demand is greatest.

Blacks get abortions at a rate five times that of whites.

The main driver is poverty, not PP.

Please link to the GOP plan to transform it like the Swedish model.

In Sweden, their social security system literally takes up half their country's GDP!

And the average income tax is 32.34 percent, with wealthier individuals paying an additional 20 percent.

I can't imagine any GOP plan being anything like that.
in sweden they had a plan like ours that, like ours was eating them alive. They moved to a more privatized system…which Bush and ryan pushed

Forum List

Back