Will Pence run for President? And if so, why?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
You can never tell with politicians, of course, but Pence is beginning to look like he's thinking about it:

I can think of only three reasons he may do this:

He's completely delusional
The egos and self-importance of politicians, especially on the national level, is such that they can talk themselves into anything. Plus, they are all pushed and enabled by hangers-on who have their own professional agendas by being part of it. But in reality, this party belongs to one guy, lock, stock and barrel, and it ain't Pence. And, TWO THIRDS OF THE PARTY THINKS HE DROPPED THE BALL on January 6, because THEY are delusional.

He thinks Trump may not run
The only argument for Trump not running is that he doesn't want to take the chance of losing again. But personally, I'm not buying that. He already has a built-in excuse -- the election was rigged -- that two thirds of the party believes down to their bones. So in that way, he literally has nothing to lose. At worst, he'll be the great victimized President. But still, Pence is delusional to think he could beat someone like DeSantis or another Trumpster.

He feels duty-bound
This one seems interesting, if not very likely. I wonder what it would mean if he ran even if Trump runs. I suppose there's a slight possibility that he learned what a menace that Trump and Trumpism are to this country and would be willing to spill the beans on everything he knows. Which would be about two tons. No doubt he could potentially sink Trump, far more effectively than anyone else, if he decided he had to for the sake of the country.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I really don't think Trump will actually run again. I guess we'll see.
It would be pretty fucking weird if Trump suddenly decided he doesnt care about being president anymore. Seems extremely unlikely.

After all the death threats and being called traitor by his supposed base I don't see why he would go begging them for a vote.

It would be pretty fucking weird if Trump suddenly decided he doesnt care about being president anymore. Seems extremely unlikely.

I think there's a possibility that the establishment Republicans will turn on him completely if that happens. Trump winning again would be quite the spectacle. I think some powerful people will try to talk him out of it. It could also tear the GOP in half.

I think there's a possibility the establishment Republicans will turn on him completely if that happens. Trump winning again would be quite the spectacle. I think some powerful people will try to talk him out of it. It could also tear the GOP in half.
Why would he tear the GOP in half? Republicans arent turning on him. That would be preposterous. :cuckoo:

Wait...........wut?

Pence is prideful and arrogant which is why he is running but not Trump?
Maybe Trump will try to run. I'd be surprised by a serious effort. I'd also be watching with great interest. I think they'd primary against him hard if they even let him run as a Republican.

Thoughts? Ideas?
His KKKristian base Mac>>

1639395010182.png

~S~

He thinks Trump may not run
The only argument for Trump not running is that he doesn't want to take the chance of losing again.

Maybe an almost 80 year old billionaire will decide he's tired and would rather just chill.

Forum List

Back