Will Mueller Interview Trump?

Not without a lawyer present, counseling him the whole time on when or when not to speak. Trump's greatest flaw is that he can't control his own mouth. Illegal or not, what he says could sway the direction of the investigation.

Mostly agree - But from what I understand, if Mueller does subpoena him in front of a grand jury, he'd have no right to an attorney being present and obviously it'd be under oath.
The WH would fight that tooth and nail and it would take us into the next term before he was ever questioned. I can see Mueller insisting on a face to face interview, but I doubt if he would go that far. It is the President, after all, and he can still get fired....

Methinks you misunderestimate (Bush made it a word) Bob's power an the repercussions!!

I can't see that happening. Trump is so addle minded that Mueller could get him to admit to anything. This is the culmination of the crisis I think. No way will Trump's lawyer let that idiot anywhere near an on the record interview. I'm predicting Trump resigns before that happens
I have a serious question. If Trump is allowed to respond in writing, rather than a face to face interview, who ensures it is actually Trump's response? His lawyers will write it and he will just say yeah, that's right.
I want him interviewed face to face. Seasoned investigators like Mueller need that interaction to get an idea if the person is being honest.
Unfortunately, Trump himself has made the honesty thing an issue. Not me.

Not without a lawyer present, counseling him the whole time on when or when not to speak. Trump's greatest flaw is that he can't control his own mouth. Illegal or not, what he says could sway the direction of the investigation.

Mostly agree - But from what I understand, if Mueller does subpoena him in front of a grand jury, he'd have no right to an attorney being present and obviously it'd be under oath.

He has a right to ignore it, take it to the supreme Court , this is not a civil trial like bill and Paula's was or trying to with hold evidence like Nixion was trying to do.

I can't see that happening. Trump is so addle minded that Mueller could get him to admit to anything. This is the culmination of the crisis I think. No way will Trump's lawyer let that idiot anywhere near an on the record interview. I'm predicting Trump resigns before that happens
So far, for all the headlines he is generating, Mueller has managed to get only two indictments for relatively minor charges unrelated to allegations of collusion and only one guilty plea. I don't think anyone is afraid of Mueller's prowess as a prosecutor but only of his ability to keep this fraudulent investigation going as a political operative.

Trump won’t do it because he’s smarter than that. Mueller is desperate, he has absolutely nothing, Trump ignoreshim and the whole thing disappears in a puff of taxpayer dollars.
Mueller can force him to testify in front of a grand jury

No he can't

strangely, scotus disagrees with you

The Court rejected Nixon's claim to an "absolute, unqualified Presidential privilege of immunity from judicial process under all circumstances." It held that a claim of Presidential privilege as to materials subpoenaed for use in a criminal trial cannot override the needs of the judicial process, if that claim is based, not on the ground that military or diplomatic secrets are implicated, but merely on the ground of a generalized interest in confidentiality. Nixon was ordered to deliver the subpoenaed materials to the District Court.

United States v. Nixon - Wikipedia

Trump won’t do it because he’s smarter than that. Mueller is desperate, he has absolutely nothing, Trump ignoreshim and the whole thing disappears in a puff of taxpayer dollars.

No he can't

The Court rejected Nixon's claim to an "absolute, unqualified Presidential privilege of immunity from judicial process under all circumstances." It held that a claim of Presidential privilege as to materials subpoenaed for use in a criminal trial cannot override the needs of the judicial process, if that claim is based, not on the ground that military or diplomatic secrets are implicated, but merely on the ground of a generalized interest in confidentiality. Nixon was ordered to deliver the subpoenaed materials to the District Court.

Again it was about with holding evidence and Bill Clinton's was about a civil trial, this is criminal.

He has a right to ignore it, take it to the supreme Court , this is not a civil trial like bill and Paula's was or trying to with hold evidence like Nixion was trying to do.

You CRRRRRAzy Dog - err Bear - errr whatever!

Bunker up - and grab a shield to protect yourself from the shit that's about to hit the fan! :)

No he can't

Again it was about with holding evidence and Bill Clinton's was about a civil trial, this is criminal.

well, you admit trump's a criminal

baby steps....

i realize that you graduated summa from close cover before striking law school, but if mueller subpoenas trump- trump will answer his questions

what do you think refusing to submit is, if not withholding evidence?

lol

It's a perjury trap.

You never talk to the cops, they are NOT your friends. Screw Mueller and his BS witch hunt.

You never talk to the cops, they are NOT your friends. Screw Mueller and his BS witch hunt.

Mueller wanting to interview Trump is yet another sign that he has nothing. He’s fishing, trying to find anything he can.

The buffoon has already admitted to obstruction on camera. The trail of people fired leaves no doubt it was deliberate and coordinated.
He's fucked. The question is whether Mueller can pull the trigger on a clear and fatal headshot before the buffoon blows the whole thing up with his own Saturday night massacre. It's really the money laundering and collusion cover-up that's going to bring down the mass of others. By hanging on he's exposing them too, but his ego demands they go down with the ship, and he'll continue to lie because it's his best sport.

No he can't

baby steps....

i realize that you graduated summa from close cover before striking law school, but if mueller subpoenas trump- trump will answer his questions

lol

Thats your spin I admit he is a criminal? No I admit that Mueller could indict anyone if he chose to before a grand jury duty ..

You won't admit your wrong, a strong defense lawyer would tell Trump to ignore the subpoena, let Mueller take it to the supreme court

No he can't

baby steps....

lol

Thats your spin I admit he is a criminal? No I admit that Mueller could indict anyone if he chose to before a grand jury duty ..

You won't admit your wrong, a strong defense lawyer would tell Trump to ignore the subpoena, let Mueller take it to the supreme court

and he would and then he'd prevail, assuming the supremes didn't tell trump to pound sand from the jump and refuse to hear it, and then the criminal trump (your words) would have to testify.

and it's *you're*, not your

:lol:

The buffoon has already admitted to obstruction on camera. The trail of people fired leaves no doubt it was deliberate and coordinated.
He's fucked. The question is whether Mueller can pull the trigger on a clear and fatal headshot before the buffoon blows the whole thing up with his own Saturday night massacre. It's really the money laundering and collusion cover-up that's going to bring down the mass of others. By hanging on he's exposing them too, but his ego demands they go down with the ship, and he'll continue to lie because it's his best sport.

What money laundering? God damn trumps prolly been audited by the IRS every damn year, if they can not find money laundering why in the hell do we have the IRS to target tea party folks?

353D73DE-5F87-440D-8B4E-D67C6A0023C3.jpeg

Forum List

Back