Will Mueller Interview Trump?

Imissbush

VIP Member
Feb 16, 2014
I can't see that happening. Trump is so addle minded that Mueller could get him to admit to anything. This is the culmination of the crisis I think. No way will Trump's lawyer let that idiot anywhere near an on the record interview. I'm predicting Trump resigns before that happens

giphy.gif

Trump won’t do it because he’s smarter than that. Mueller is desperate, he has absolutely nothing, Trump ignoreshim and the whole thing disappears in a puff of taxpayer dollars.

Trump won’t do it because he’s smarter than that. Mueller is desperate, he has absolutely nothing, Trump ignoreshim and the whole thing disappears in a puff of taxpayer dollars.
Mueller can force him to testify in front of a grand jury

can i have some of what you're smoking?

mueller will subpoena him if he has to and trump doesn't have the brains to tell the truth, assuming he'd recognize it..

*shrug

Not without a lawyer present, counseling him the whole time on when or when not to speak. Trump's greatest flaw is that he can't control his own mouth. Illegal or not, what he says could sway the direction of the investigation.

Not without a lawyer present, counseling him the whole time on when or when not to speak. Trump's greatest flaw is that he can't control his own mouth. Illegal or not, what he says could sway the direction of the investigation.
They could put his dumb ass on the stand, he didnt even do anything, and get impeached for perjury because he doesnt even know he lies.
"is your name donald j trump?"
giphy.gif

They could put his dumb ass on the stand, he didnt even do anything, and get impeached for perjury because he doesnt even know he lies.
giphy.gif
That is true.

I can't see that happening. Trump is so addle minded that Mueller could get him to admit to anything. This is the culmination of the crisis I think. No way will Trump's lawyer let that idiot anywhere near an on the record interview. I'm predicting Trump resigns before that happens
Trump is not addle minded, you are for believing that he is. Next.

Mueller might just be arrested for prosecutorial misconduct and see that all of his evidence and plea bargains thrown out.

giphy.gif

Just last night I was watching an interview with somebody on MSNBC (I believe) who pretty much said the same thing. Trump can't speak under oath without committing perjury. It's not that he is purposely lying to deceive, but that he lives in his own world of "alternative facts".

I have a serious question. If Trump is allowed to respond in writing, rather than a face to face interview, who ensures it is actually Trump's response? His lawyers will write it and he will just say yeah, that's right.
I want him interviewed face to face. Seasoned investigators like Mueller need that interaction to get an idea if the person is being honest.
Unfortunately, Trump himself has made the honesty thing an issue. Not me.

giphy.gif

Just last night I was watching an interview with somebody on MSNBC (I believe) who pretty much said the same thing. Trump can't speak under oath without committing perjury. It's not that he is purposely lying to deceive, but that he lives in his own world of "alternative facts".
What world do you live in? Is it the one where un-elected bureaucrats decide what is best for America? I prefer Trumps world.

giphy.gif

What world do you live in? Is it the one where un-elected bureaucrats decide what is best for America? I prefer Trumps world.

I didn't invent "alternative facts". Trump did. A vast majority of his lies are things nobody on either side of the aisle ever cared about in the first place. Democrats weren't bitching about the size of his inaugural crowd before the focus of his entire first press conference centered around that issue. I wouldn't even call what Trump does as "lying", because you have to be aware of what you are doing to lie.

Mueller can force him to testify in front of a grand jury

Sure he can, but that isn’t what he’s doing is it. Mueller has nothing and he’s fishing. Trump is way too smart for that.

can i have some of what you're smoking?

mueller will subpoena him if he has to and trump doesn't have the brains to tell the truth, assuming he'd recognize it..

*shrug

Then why is t he? The reason is that he had to have something to get a subpoena. Mueller has nothing and he’s fishing. Trump can tell him to pound sand.

Mostly agree - But from what I understand, if Mueller does subpoena him in front of a grand jury, he'd have no right to an attorney being present and obviously it'd be under oath.

Mostly agree - But from what I understand, if Mueller does subpoena him in front of a grand jury, he'd have no right to an attorney being present and obviously it'd be under oath.
The WH would fight that tooth and nail and it would take us into the next term before he was ever questioned. I can see Mueller insisting on a face to face interview, but I doubt if he would go that far. It is the President, after all, and he can still get fired....

The reason Bannon "agreed" to an interview -- for some sort of concession, no doubt. Wonder what?

Forum List

Back