Will Extraterrestrials Save Us?

The most likely scenario for super advanced aliens are a formerly biological species that now resides completely in some sort of simulated reality that's better than the dreary limited existence we lead. We are headed in that direction ourselves. Such a machine based society would be closed off and little interested in the activities of flesh creatures.

Yes, I agree. The future is a few people ruling the world, and many people stuck in VR where they can't commit crime (well, maybe), can't be a nuisance to ruling class. There will be those who are useful, the top 5%, and the rest who are pointless.

If they were advanced enough, they would envy our even greater advancement. If they didn't receive it, they would probably view us as a threat to their way of life and seek to kill us. Also, aliens probably think as I do on this matter. Which is that any fairly advanced civilization on another planet should be left alone to develop as they normally would. You can study the shit out of them. You can kidnap and experiment on as many of them as you want. As long as you had the technology to erase their memories of it. Just leave that unique species alone to develop in its own unique way. After all, they say that variety is the spice of life.

It depends on what type of creature you're faced with. Would a species of aliens who are constantly seeing everything as a threat be able to advance enough before wiping themselves out?

That show "Ancient Aliens" is loaded down with a load of crap. But here and there, they do have some interesting points to make. Next, there is absolutely no way for ancient people by any other means to replicate what it would today take a machine to do. Also, I used to also be a big doubter of the crop circle thing. But after a segment on ancient aliens presented by somebody named Linda Moultn Howe about crop circles, I doubt no more. There were two people who claimed to have been the ones creating crop circles in England. They demonstrated in the daylight. What they made turned out to be crap. And there are others that are FAR more elaborate than that.

On another episode she showed a fragment that supposedly came from Roswell. It had many layers of at least a few different materials in it. She took it to a scientist to have it studied. The scientist apparently told her that we don't have the technology to layer those kinds of materials like that. There is indeed a lot of crap that you have to wade through in that show. But there are some real treasures to be found. Such as a video made by a leading scientist who worked at the Lockheed Skunkworks. He had many patents to his name. This video was indeed shown after he died. In it he said that he got his technology from aliens. He even held up a picture he apparently took of one of them. Such a person would have no reason to sully his name like that if it was all just some sort of ruse.

Its not just Ancient Aliens. Why did the ancient Egyptians and the meso Americans use the same symbol: an infinity loop with a larger loop on the bottom and a shorter loop on the top?

The alien hunters insist its because the symbol must have been given to them both by extra terrestrials, as the two cultures had no direct contact. They insist its the only explanation.

....unless you track the motion of the sun for a year. And note it makes a distinct infinity loop, smaller on the top and shorter on the bottom. And anyone tracking the sun's movements (like, say...the Eyptians and mesoamericans) would have known this.

There are almost always more plausible, less fantastical explanations for 'aliens'. That's not to say those more plausible explanations are always right.

But they definitely provide plenty of room for doubt.

Here's how you travel across the universe. Make yourself very small, immortal and with no need of physical resources. Package yourself in a very small solar sail/ramscoop and settle down for a long trip. We envision ships that go star to star very quickly because of our short lifespans. A machine that never dies can afford to take all the time in the universe.

You can't know because you've never traveled across the universe.

Its not just Ancient Aliens. Why did the ancient Egyptians and the meso Americans use the same symbol: an infinity loop with a larger loop on the bottom and a shorter loop on the top?

The alien hunters insist its because the symbol must have been given to them both by extra terrestrials, as the two cultures had no direct contact. They insist its the only explanation.

....unless you track the motion of the sun for a year. And note it makes a distinct infinity loop, smaller on the top and shorter on the bottom. And anyone tracking the sun's movements (like, say...the Eyptians and mesoamericans) would have known this.

There are almost always more plausible, less fantastical explanations for 'aliens'. That's not to say those more plausible explanations are always right.

But they definitely provide plenty of room for doubt.

I don't know that they ever made a picture of an infinity loop. But it doesn't matter. What is really impressive are the things they built. Such as at Pumapunku. Stones were obviously machined. Machines are made of steel and require to be very precisely machined themselves. They also need round bearings. That are perfectly round to within at least 1-10,000th of an inch. And machine bits require extremely hard metal. The only metal those people had was gold or copper. Nobody has ever found any sort of machine or even part of one that could have done the job.

It depends on what type of creature you're faced with. Would a species of aliens who are constantly seeing everything as a threat be able to advance enough before wiping themselves out?

I screwed up on the post you mentioned. What I meant to say that with the humans being envious of the aliens, they would probably view them as a threat and want to kill the aliens.

I don't know that they ever made a picture of an infinity loop. But it doesn't matter. What is really impressive are the things they built. Such as at Pumapunku. Stones were obviously machined. Machines are made of steel and require to be very precisely machined themselves. They also need round bearings. That are perfectly round to within at least 1-10,000th of an inch. And machine bits require extremely hard metal. The only metal those people had was gold or copper. Nobody has ever found any sort of machine or even part of one that could have done the job.

"Obviously machined'? Or after decades of practice, the mesoamericans were just really good at cutting stone with the tools they had available.

The idea that there's no way the mesoamericans could have built their own architecture is......a little unfounded. There's nothing that requires that this, for example, had to be done by machines. It could have (with skill and practice) be done by hand tools as well:

1677280357828.png

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses. Not zebras.

Last edited:
You can't know because you've never traveled across the universe.
I adore sci fi but it is usually very bad at presenting what is probable. Reject anything you might have seen on TV or click bait you tube videos. What I am telling you is based on the best science fact we have. It's really kind of bleak and lonely but the possible is far more intriguing than the plot devices of some show.

There is no doubt to me that they exist. So will they save us? Most likely being pragmatic, probably not. They probably feel that if we are stupid enough to destroy ourselves, we deserve our fate. Also, if they had any intention to do so, they would have acted by now. Also, there are many ancient structures around the world that couldn't have been built without help from extraterrestrials. Because even today with all our advanced machinery, we would be hard pressed to do it. If it could be done at all. One of these sites is Pumapunku. The only reason why I can think that they would do so is to leave a message to future generations that they were here. That is, without making it too obvious. Like by leaving advanced machinery around. Also, even with these extraterrestrials around, it didn't keep the cultures that built those structures from disappearing.

Even intelligence among humans doesn't seem to help. Around 20,000 years ago, humans had brains that were larger by about the size of a tennis ball. It is also quite possible that there was an extinct species of human called Biscop man. It had a brain much larger than ours. No doubt increased intelligence must have come with it. But they too died out. It seems to me that the major problem is human desires and biological drives taking precedent over doing what is right. To survive, this a keyhole that the extraterrestrials must have had to pass through in order to survive. And advance.

So, for us humans, you may wonder what it is that we must do in order to survive ourselves. Well, just think of whatever you think should be done. The answer almost certainly be the opposite of what you think it is.
Seems like they are the only hope for mankind sense mankind keeps destroying the planet and has no regard for life whether human or animal

I screwed up on the post you mentioned. What I meant to say that with the humans being envious of the aliens, they would probably view them as a threat and want to kill the aliens.

Oh, yes, I think the fear would come from those who haven't left their planet, because we're not a threat to them, only they could be a threat to us.

There's a comedy film, South African, where a space ship arrives with some unthreatening aliens, but the South Africans really don't like them, I think it's more about black/white relations, but I'd guess it'd be the same with aliens. An us/them mentality always exists.

"Obviously machined'? Or after decades of practice, the mesoamericans were just really good at cutting stone with the tools they had available.

The idea that there's no way the mesoamericans could have built their own architecture is......a little unfounded. There's nothing that requires that this, for example, had to be done by machines. It could have (with skill and practice) be done by hand tools as well:

View attachment 760184

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses. Not zebras.

You are hallucinating. Stone is very hard. They had no tools that could cut it.

I adore sci fi but it is usually very bad at presenting what is probable. Reject anything you might have seen on TV or click bait you tube videos. What I am telling you is based on the best science fact we have. It's really kind of bleak and lonely but the possible is far more intriguing than the plot devices of some show.

As I said, you haven't traveled across the universe. So any of your ideas on how the aliens do it is only speculation. And probably wrong at that.

Seems like they are the only hope for mankind sense mankind keeps destroying the planet and has no regard for life whether human or animal

Well by the looks of things, they aren't much of a hope. Otherwise, they would have set us straight by now.

As I said, you haven't traveled across the universe. So any of your ideas on how the aliens do it is only speculation. And probably wrong at that.
We are all just speculating here. I didn't start out to stomp on your sci-fi channel fantasies but you seem to be taking it personally. I am a man of hard science and rigorous logic. Not going to apologize for that.

Oh, yes, I think the fear would come from those who haven't left their planet, because we're not a threat to them, only they could be a threat to us.

There's a comedy film, South African, where a space ship arrives with some unthreatening aliens, but the South Africans really don't like them, I think it's more about black/white relations, but I'd guess it'd be the same with aliens. An us/them mentality always exists.

It isn't about fear. It's about leaders still being able to lead. And I think I saw the movie you were talking about. And it wasn't a comedy. That aside, it would against morality for aliens to try and populate this planet. Because mankind and the rest of the life on this planet has the right to its own sovereignty and destiny. Also, with aliens having the kind of technology they have, they could build their own living spaces anywhere without infringing on indigenous life forms and their ecosystem. At least some could probably even create a planet to live on if they felt the need to do so.

We are all just speculating here. I didn't start out to stomp on your sci-fi channel fantasies but you seem to be taking it personally. I am a man of hard science and rigorous logic. Not going to apologize for that.

I'm not speculating. Nor is it a Sci-Fi fantasy. I have actually seen their ships. And humans have been seeing them throughout recorded history. So that they exist, fact. That they will not openly reveal themselves to mankind, fact. Supposedly they have revealed themselves to a few humans in high position. And what they supposedly told those humans is that mankind is not ready for the knowledge of their existence. And I don't blame them. Because what would humans probably do? Worship them. The idea of lower life forms worshiping me disgusts me. No doubt it would disgust the aliens as well. In order to continue to receive bits of technology from them, the human leaders in high position are probably told to not reveal their existence if they desire to keep receiving those bits of technology.

You are hallucinating. Stone is very hard. They had no tools that could cut it.

Sure they did. Harder stone. Grinding using sand. You can drill through QUARTZ and GRANITE using these methods.

Just because you don't know how something is done doesn't mean its impossible. Nor that it was 'aliens'.

Sure they did. Harder stone. Grinding using sand. You can drill through QUARTZ and GRANITE using these methods.

Just because you don't know how something is done doesn't mean its impossible. Nor that it was 'aliens'.

And how do you shape the harder stone. With even harder stone? And your link is all speculation. They can't say that they had a more advanced technology. So they made guesses. And where are the tools. If they existed, they would have found some by now. In fact, the tools should have survived better than the things they made with them. Also, in order to make precise cuts in stone, you need some sort of device to hold the tool in exactly the same spot. Wood, copper or bronze would all wear out.

Also, you seem to think that basically stone age people were more intelligent than we think. You know who else is intelligent? Modern humans. I heard a person who's job it was to actually cut stone talking on TV once. Speaking of some of the things at Pumapunku, he said that not even we could make such cuts.

I also heard of an explorer or conqueror around the time that South America was first discovered. He sent a letter back to Europe speaking of the Inca walls. He said that they were more grand than anything to be found in Europe. The engineering is mind blowing. How could they have made such cuts in stones that could weigh tens or hundreds of tons and do it so that they would fit perfectly together. It isn't as though they could have kept taking them apart and working them a little more until they fit perfectly together. They must have had help. Here is just one example.

inca wall.jpg

And how do you shape the harder stone. With even harder stone? And your link is all speculation. They can't say that they had a more advanced technology. So they made guesses. And where are the tools. If they existed, they would have found some by now. In fact, the tools should have survived better than the things they made with them. Also, in order to make precise cuts in stone, you need some sort of device to hold the tool in exactly the same spot. Wood, copper or bronze would all wear out.

Also, you seem to think that basically stone age people were more intelligent than we think. You know who else is intelligent? Modern humans. I heard a person who's job it was to actually cut stone talking on TV once. Speaking of some of the things at Pumapunku, he said that not even we could make such cuts.

I also heard of an explorer or conqueror around the time that South America was first discovered. He sent a letter back to Europe speaking of the Inca walls. He said that they were more grand than anything to be found in Europe. The engineering is mind blowing. How could they have made such cuts in stones that could weigh tens or hundreds of tons and do it so that they would fit perfectly together. It isn't as though they could have kept taking them apart and working them a little more until they fit perfectly together. They must have had help. Here is just one example.

View attachment 761147

Dude....you're forwarding the 'alien' hypothesis and complaining about 'speculation'? Your entire premise is wildly speculative......and fantastically complicated.

As it involves spaceships, interstellar travel in defiance of the laws of physics as we know them, alien life across thousands, even tens of thousands of years.

While mine requires sand.

Forum List

Back