Will Extraterrestrials Save Us?

Dude....you're forwarding the 'alien' hypothesis and complaining about 'speculation'? Your entire premise is wildly speculative......and fantastically complicated.

As it involves spaceships, interstellar travel in defiance of the laws of physics as we know them, alien life across thousands, even tens of thousands of years.

While mine requires sand.
And Occam's razor.

Dude....you're forwarding the 'alien' hypothesis and complaining about 'speculation'? Your entire premise is wildly speculative......and fantastically complicated.

As it involves spaceships, interstellar travel in defiance of the laws of physics as we know them, alien life across thousands, even tens of thousands of years.

While mine requires sand.

To the aliens, traveling to other star systems is probably nothing. And you think rubbing sand on rocks is how they shaped them? That's insane.

You really haven’t thought this through.

First. In order to cover the immense distances involved you have to be able to travel beyond the Einstein limits. This means drive systems that are theoretical on Earth, are real outside of a Hollywood Soundstage.

The amount of power needed to do that is beyond our imagination. Let’s use the Kardashev Scale.

Put simply. You score a Zero when your civilization learns to tame fire. You score a 1 when your civilization learns to harness the power potential of an entire planet. You score a 2 when you learn to harness the total power potential of a Star.

Just to travel faster than light you have to be perilously close to a 2 on the scale.

But let’s say that it is merely a 1.5 on that scale. We aren’t close to a 1 right now. The equivalent would be the modern military involved at the battle of Thermopylae. I’m talking Bombers, Attack Jets, and helicopters. I’m talking precision munitions with long range artillery. It wouldn’t be a battle. It would be a massacre. The other side wouldn’t stand a chance of survival, much less victory.

Now before they got to exploring our dinky little star, those drive systems would be commonplace. So two kids joyriding in Daddy’s Mercedes would have more than enough power to conquer our entire planet. They would show up and announce they owned us. Just as the European Explorers showed up with ships, firearms, and cannon, to declare that around the world.

What could we do? Our weapons would be pop guns by comparison to the power they would wield. If they reported back, it would be. Hey these guys are crunchy and taste good with Catsup. Oh and they bring their own Catsup.

Counting on this advanced civilization being altruistic is wishful thinking. Delusional wishful thinking that doesn’t recognize the battle that is waged in nature every day, by every species.

You really haven’t thought this through.

First. In order to cover the immense distances involved you have to be able to travel beyond the Einstein limits. This means drive systems that are theoretical on Earth, are real outside of a Hollywood Soundstage.

The amount of power needed to do that is beyond our imagination. Let’s use the Kardashev Scale.

Put simply. You score a Zero when your civilization learns to tame fire. You score a 1 when your civilization learns to harness the power potential of an entire planet. You score a 2 when you learn to harness the total power potential of a Star.

Just to travel faster than light you have to be perilously close to a 2 on the scale.

But let’s say that it is merely a 1.5 on that scale. We aren’t close to a 1 right now. The equivalent would be the modern military involved at the battle of Thermopylae. I’m talking Bombers, Attack Jets, and helicopters. I’m talking precision munitions with long range artillery. It wouldn’t be a battle. It would be a massacre. The other side wouldn’t stand a chance of survival, much less victory.

Now before they got to exploring our dinky little star, those drive systems would be commonplace. So two kids joyriding in Daddy’s Mercedes would have more than enough power to conquer our entire planet. They would show up and announce they owned us. Just as the European Explorers showed up with ships, firearms, and cannon, to declare that around the world.

What could we do? Our weapons would be pop guns by comparison to the power they would wield. If they reported back, it would be. Hey these guys are crunchy and taste good with Catsup. Oh and they bring their own Catsup.

Counting on this advanced civilization being altruistic is wishful thinking. Delusional wishful thinking that doesn’t recognize the battle that is waged in nature every day, by every species.

Sorry. I didn't read all your crap. Ever hear of quantum entanglement? Einstein called it spooky action at a distance. Changing one of the particles that has been split in two communicates that change to the other particle faster than the speed of light. The other particle could be in another galaxy and the change would be instantaneous. And it requires zero power. Also, over 20 years ago I came up with an idea for a faster than light space drive that would use very little power. Because part of the power would come from the drive itself. before getting to that point, I thought of one idea. But I dismissed it as being too inefficient. But a few years after I came up with my idea, I heard of somebody who actually built a prototype of the idea I discarded as being too inefficient. It's called the Thornson drive. Look it up. Just keep in mind, my idea is better.

Sorry. I didn't read all your crap. Ever hear of quantum entanglement? Einstein called it spooky action at a distance. Changing one of the particles that has been split in two communicates that change to the other particle faster than the speed of light. The other particle could be in another galaxy and the change would be instantaneous. And it requires zero power. Also, over 20 years ago I came up with an idea for a faster than light space drive that would use very little power. Because part of the power would come from the drive itself. before getting to that point, I thought of one idea. But I dismissed it as being too inefficient. But a few years after I came up with my idea, I heard of somebody who actually built a prototype of the idea I discarded as being too inefficient. It's called the Thornson drive. Look it up. Just keep in mind, my idea is better.

Oh good Lord. You are one of those. None of the experimental engines has ever worked in free space. Their movement to date is more derived from friction, which is notable for being absent in space.

Of all of those the only one that may actually work would be the Alcubierre drive, or Warp Drive. And for that you sort of need either Strange Matter or some sort of way to create the effect artificially. Strange Matter would be abundant around the remnants of a Nova. But since we don’t have access to a star system that exploded, we would need a warp drive to get to the place where we could get what we needed for a Warp Drive.

Unless we crack trans dimensional drive or some sort of hyperspace. Possible but unlikely. We are left with waiting until our understanding and technology catches up with our fiction.

However, none of this detracts from my own point. Any Extraterrestrial people who showed up would be so advanced that there would be no comparison between our technologies. And further the odds of them being benevolent and willing to treat us as equals is essentially zero.

Oh good Lord. You are one of those. None of the experimental engines has ever worked in free space. Their movement to date is more derived from friction, which is notable for being absent in space.

Of all of those the only one that may actually work would be the Alcubierre drive, or Warp Drive. And for that you sort of need either Strange Matter or some sort of way to create the effect artificially. Strange Matter would be abundant around the remnants of a Nova. But since we don’t have access to a star system that exploded, we would need a warp drive to get to the place where we could get what we needed for a Warp Drive.

Unless we crack trans dimensional drive or some sort of hyperspace. Possible but unlikely. We are left with waiting until our understanding and technology catches up with our fiction.

However, none of this detracts from my own point. Any Extraterrestrial people who showed up would be so advanced that there would be no comparison between our technologies. And further the odds of them being benevolent and willing to treat us as equals is essentially zero.

You seem to think that my last reply to you was funny. Care to tell me why? Also, did you ever bother to look up the Thornson drive? It operates on inertia. Granted, it doesn't have a lot of trust. But it has enough. My idea is much more efficient. It would take a little over a year at 1G acceleration to surpass the speed of light. But as I said elsewhere, traveling through normal space would be far too dangerous. Because at as great enough speed, hitting something the size of a grain of sand would have the same energy as a nuclear bomb.

But this is all pie in the sky anyway. Because I have no doubt that we are at least experimenting with extraterrestrial space propulsion. Also, there is an English hacker who claimed to have found secret documents that spoke of Non-Terrestrial officers. Is it true? Who knows. But american authorities want his ass bad enough. But here's a thing about that. If there are non terrestrial officers, does that mean that there are non terrestrial enlisted personnel? Such as with the rank of a private? If so, such a being should have much more authority than a human general. Also, you might find this video interesting. Is it real? Who knows.

That show "Ancient Aliens" is loaded down with a load of crap. But here and there, they do have some interesting points to make. Next, there is absolutely no way for ancient people by any other means to replicate what it would today take a machine to do. Also, I used to also be a big doubter of the crop circle thing. But after a segment on ancient aliens presented by somebody named Linda Moultn Howe about crop circles, I doubt no more. There were two people who claimed to have been the ones creating crop circles in England. They demonstrated in the daylight. What they made turned out to be crap. And there are others that are FAR more elaborate than that.

On another episode she showed a fragment that supposedly came from Roswell. It had many layers of at least a few different materials in it. She took it to a scientist to have it studied. The scientist apparently told her that we don't have the technology to layer those kinds of materials like that. There is indeed a lot of crap that you have to wade through in that show. But there are some real treasures to be found. Such as a video made by a leading scientist who worked at the Lockheed Skunkworks. He had many patents to his name. This video was indeed shown after he died. In it he said that he got his technology from aliens. He even held up a picture he apparently took of one of them. Such a person would have no reason to sully his name like that if it was all just some sort of ruse.
7d6eqm.jpg

You seem to think that my last reply to you was funny. Care to tell me why? Also, did you ever bother to look up the Thornson drive? It operates on inertia. Granted, it doesn't have a lot of trust. But it has enough. My idea is much more efficient. It would take a little over a year at 1G acceleration to surpass the speed of light. But as I said elsewhere, traveling through normal space would be far too dangerous. Because at as great enough speed, hitting something the size of a grain of sand would have the same energy as a nuclear bomb.

But this is all pie in the sky anyway. Because I have no doubt that we are at least experimenting with extraterrestrial space propulsion. Also, there is an English hacker who claimed to have found secret documents that spoke of Non-Terrestrial officers. Is it true? Who knows. But american authorities want his ass bad enough. But here's a thing about that. If there are non terrestrial officers, does that mean that there are non terrestrial enlisted personnel? Such as with the rank of a private? If so, such a being should have much more authority than a human general. Also, you might find this video interesting. Is it real? Who knows.

What did you think of the video.

If they were, they would have wiped us out long ago.
I think that there are separate "races" of aliens, good ones and bad ones. The good ones disable our nuclear weapons as in Montana, the bad ones develop toxic serums and inject them into our bodies. I hope that soon the good ones will get rid of the bad ones who are currently in control of the US government.

As one who frequently stares into the night skies, I too have seen 1 UFO, for only about 5 seconds, and only once.

There is no doubt to me that they exist. So will they save us? Most likely being pragmatic, probably not. They probably feel that if we are stupid enough to destroy ourselves, we deserve our fate. Also, if they had any intention to do so, they would have acted by now. Also, there are many ancient structures around the world that couldn't have been built without help from extraterrestrials. Because even today with all our advanced machinery, we would be hard pressed to do it. If it could be done at all. One of these sites is Pumapunku. The only reason why I can think that they would do so is to leave a message to future generations that they were here. That is, without making it too obvious. Like by leaving advanced machinery around. Also, even with these extraterrestrials around, it didn't keep the cultures that built those structures from disappearing.

Even intelligence among humans doesn't seem to help. Around 20,000 years ago, humans had brains that were larger by about the size of a tennis ball. It is also quite possible that there was an extinct species of human called Biscop man. It had a brain much larger than ours. No doubt increased intelligence must have come with it. But they too died out. It seems to me that the major problem is human desires and biological drives taking precedent over doing what is right. To survive, this a keyhole that the extraterrestrials must have had to pass through in order to survive. And advance.

So, for us humans, you may wonder what it is that we must do in order to survive ourselves. Well, just think of whatever you think should be done. The answer almost certainly be the opposite of what you think it is.
Nope they'll probably enslave us all because they think we are dumb animals and then plunder the earth for resources.

I think that there are separate "races" of aliens, good ones and bad ones. The good ones disable our nuclear weapons as in Montana, the bad ones develop toxic serums and inject them into our bodies. I hope that soon the good ones will get rid of the bad ones who are currently in control of the US government.

As one who frequently stares into the night skies, I too have seen 1 UFO, for only about 5 seconds, and only once.
They're doing wonderful things with anti-psychotics these days - you should check them out.
Immediately.

What would you say if were totally alone in the known universe?

And what would help us is right in front of us?
That's not really the topic of the thread.

But if we are totally alone then we will have to help ourselves and we can't seem to do that can we?

In fact I'll bet we destroy ourselves instead.

Forum List

Back