Will Extraterrestrials Save Us?

I think that there are separate "races" of aliens, good ones and bad ones. The good ones disable our nuclear weapons as in Montana, the bad ones develop toxic serums and inject them into our bodies. I hope that soon the good ones will get rid of the bad ones who are currently in control of the US government.

As one who frequently stares into the night skies, I too have seen 1 UFO, for only about 5 seconds, and only once.

I doubt there are bad aliens. What would make them bad. It isn't as though they behave like humans. As I said, if they were, they would have wiped us out long ago. Also, over my lifetime I have seen strange things in the sky on about 11 different occasions. On four of those occasions, there was absolutely no doubt that what I was looking at were UFO's.

Nope they'll probably enslave us all because they think we are dumb animals and then plunder the earth for resources.

They probably aren't scumbags like humans. They would have no need of slaves. And why would they want the earth's resources. Space is full of raw materials. Such as asteroids or dead worlds where nothing could live.

I doubt there are bad aliens. What would make them bad. It isn't as though they behave like humans. As I said, if they were, they would have wiped us out long ago. Also, over my lifetime I have seen strange things in the sky on about 11 different occasions. On four of those occasions, there was absolutely no doubt that what I was looking at were UFO's.

On Earth, the battle to survive covers every plant an animal. Every bacteria and virus. Every organism tries to survive.

One need look no further than the homeowner who wages battle annually against the scourge of crab grass in his lawn. Crab grass moved in, pushing the weaker species out, in an effort to thrive and survive.

Bunnies try to procreate themselves to massive populations. They are thwarted in their efforts by predators who feast on their numbers.

Fish consume smaller brethren, and are themselves consumed by larger species.

Everywhere you look this battle for survival takes place.

Perhaps the Earth is abnormally violent. Perhaps the Rest of the Universe is passive and comradely in its activity. But I doubt it.

Evolution is a long and painful process. And the dominant species becomes too users. They learn to make and use tools. The tools multiply their abilities. On Earth this is true you might object.

But how do you make Starships without tools? And why would you develop tools unless you wanted an advantage. Necessity is the Mother of Invention after all.

Now if only one species in the Galaxy is aggressive, out of the possibly millions of possible species. I’d say that was unlikely. Improbable to the utmost.

Let’s say there are a dozen sentient species. I suspect there could well be many more. And we are trailing those other species. They are just showing up and checking out the primitives who are banging rocks together. Perhaps we are a Sociological Study group.

We supposedly captured some in Roswell. But covered it up. Why? That doesn’t follow our usual pattern.

We played up the threat of the MiG 25. It allowed us to spend insane amounts of money on the F-14, and F-15 aircraft. We had to develop planes that were better than we believed the Mig to be.

We played up the threat of Soviet Tanks to pressure Congress into funding our own Tank development.

No matter how far back you go we played up threats to fund development of a counter. Galileo made Telescopes to sell to the Military to let them see hostile ships approaching from farther than the naked eye could see.

Time and again, through history, this has been the case. Now with UFO’s the Government that has always played up threats to fund development of a counter did the exact opposite. All the Governments did.

Unlikely. To say the least.

To Serve Man?
Yes. And my apologies for not elaborating on my statement.

Rod Serlings series,
"The Twilight Zone", aired the episode in the link below back in the 1960's.

The abbreviated version of the plot was that extraterrestrials landed on the earth, and began to end human suffering, however the earthlings did not realize that they were being set up as a food source for a faraway starving planet.

So my opinion on this far fetched topic, is NO.

If extraterrestrials actually exist, and have developed the technology required to land on earth, they likely would regard this planet as we know it, as primitive and dispensible, and would not save us.

They probably aren't scumbags like humans. They would have no need of slaves. And why would they want the earth's resources. Space is full of raw materials. Such as asteroids or dead worlds where nothing could live.
That's an assumption.

For all we know some alien race will see us as a food source

On Earth, the battle to survive covers every plant an animal. Every bacteria and virus. Every organism tries to survive.

One need look no further than the homeowner who wages battle annually against the scourge of crab grass in his lawn. Crab grass moved in, pushing the weaker species out, in an effort to thrive and survive.

Bunnies try to procreate themselves to massive populations. They are thwarted in their efforts by predators who feast on their numbers.

Fish consume smaller brethren, and are themselves consumed by larger species.

Everywhere you look this battle for survival takes place.

Perhaps the Earth is abnormally violent. Perhaps the Rest of the Universe is passive and comradely in its activity. But I doubt it.

Evolution is a long and painful process. And the dominant species becomes too users. They learn to make and use tools. The tools multiply their abilities. On Earth this is true you might object.

But how do you make Starships without tools? And why would you develop tools unless you wanted an advantage. Necessity is the Mother of Invention after all.

Now if only one species in the Galaxy is aggressive, out of the possibly millions of possible species. I’d say that was unlikely. Improbable to the utmost.

Let’s say there are a dozen sentient species. I suspect there could well be many more. And we are trailing those other species. They are just showing up and checking out the primitives who are banging rocks together. Perhaps we are a Sociological Study group.

We supposedly captured some in Roswell. But covered it up. Why? That doesn’t follow our usual pattern.

We played up the threat of the MiG 25. It allowed us to spend insane amounts of money on the F-14, and F-15 aircraft. We had to develop planes that were better than we believed the Mig to be.

We played up the threat of Soviet Tanks to pressure Congress into funding our own Tank development.

No matter how far back you go we played up threats to fund development of a counter. Galileo made Telescopes to sell to the Military to let them see hostile ships approaching from farther than the naked eye could see.

Time and again, through history, this has been the case. Now with UFO’s the Government that has always played up threats to fund development of a counter did the exact opposite. All the Governments did.

Unlikely. To say the least.

Did you have a point to make?

Yes. And my apologies for not elaborating on my statement.

Rod Serlings series,
"The Twilight Zone", aired the episode in the link below back in the 1960's.

The abbreviated version of the plot was that extraterrestrials landed on the earth, and began to end human suffering, however the earthlings did not realize that they were being set up as a food source for a faraway starving planet.

So my opinion on this far fetched topic, is NO.

If extraterrestrials actually exist, and have developed the technology required to land on earth, they likely would regard this planet as we know it, as primitive and dispensible, and would not save us.

As I said, if aliens wanted to destroy us, they would have already done so. If they followed the filthy garbage that Star Trek promoted, they would have colonized this planet long before humans ever existed. But I agree, they will not save us. Because we are in dire need of being saved right now. And they are doing nothing.

That's an assumption.

For all we know some alien race will see us as a food source

An assumption based on fact. The universe is indeed full of raw materials. They wouldn't need ours. And if they meant to use us as food, they would already be doing so.

An assumption based on fact. The universe is indeed full of raw materials. They wouldn't need ours. And if they meant to use us as food, they would already be doing so.

Actually it is based on nothing but conjecture.

And you are assuming that there are aliens out there and that they have already found us

more conjecture.

Actually it is based on nothing but conjecture.

And you are assuming that there are aliens out there and that they have already found us

more conjecture.

In my lifetime, on around 11 occasions, I have seen strange things in the sky. On four of those occasions, I saw what were without a doubt real UFO's. And humans have been seeing them throughout human history. I have seen top ranking scientists and high government officials admitting that we were in contact with extraterrestrials. But they don't want those governments to reveal their existence. Apparently they say that humans aren't ready for such knowledge. Also, on a couple occasions I saw alien implants being taken from a couple different people. While they were in their bodies, they gave off radio signals! Etc. etc, etc, etc. That they exist is so far beyond conjecture it is incredible.

In my lifetime, on around 11 occasions, I have seen strange things in the sky. On four of those occasions, I saw what were without a doubt real UFO's. And humans have been seeing them throughout human history. I have seen top ranking scientists and high government officials admitting that we were in contact with extraterrestrials. But they don't want those governments to reveal their existence. Apparently they say that humans aren't ready for such knowledge. Also, on a couple occasions I saw alien implants being taken from a couple different people. While they were in their bodies, they gave off radio signals! Etc. etc, etc, etc. That they exist is so far beyond conjecture it is incredible.
And ?

How many aliens have you met?

Being a fan of Ancient Aliens, I think that it is entirely possible that some aliens walk among us disguised as humans. I don't know that, but I do suspect that to be the case. IMO those who bring war fall into that category, those who wreak havoc with so many fall into that category. Stories leaked from the Area 51 complex suggest that.

Right so why would any aliens help us?
Some theorize that some of the 'aliens' we perceive are time travelers. Perhaps our species from somewhere in the future. In disabling the ICBMs in Montana all those years ago, it could be argued that they are trying to save us from nuclear disaster. I would consider that a form of help.

Some theorize that some of the 'aliens' we perceive are time travelers. Perhaps our species from somewhere in the future. In disabling the ICBMs in Montana all those years ago, it could be argued that they are trying to save us from nuclear disaster. I would consider that a form of help.
Yeah here's the problem with time travel.

If you go back in time to fix something then remove the reason you had to time travel back in time so the paradox of time travel is that it is impossible to go back in time to change the past.

Put it this way

Your wife gets murdered, you invent a time machine to go back to save her but if you save her you will have never had a reason to invent the time machine so in order for you to invent the time machine your wife has to be murdered

There is no way to reconcile all the paradoxes of time travel

Yeah here's the problem with time travel.

If you go back in time to fix something then remove the reason you had to time travel back in time so the paradox of time travel is that it is impossible to go back in time to change the past.

Put it this way

Your wife gets murdered, you invent a time machine to go back to save her but if you save her you will have never had a reason to invent the time machine so in order for you to invent the time machine your wife has to be murdered

There is no way to reconcile all the paradoxes of time travel

Not for the human mind today, no.

But likely others have learned more than we know, have learned what is required for successful time travel.

There is more that the human mind does not know about physics than what it does know about that.

Not for the human mind today, no.

But likely others have learned more than we know, have learned what is required for successful time travel.

There is more that the human mind does not know about physics than what it does know about that.

Yeah OK

I'll believe it when I see it.

And ?

How many aliens have you met?

What would appear to be alien spaceships aren't some sort of natural phenomena. They are real spacecraft. Having seen them, you can basically say that I met an alien. I don't need to actually meet the pilots. That is good enough. And seeing is believing.

Forum List

Back