Will Democrats Ever Win the Military Vote?

Will the Democrats Ever Win The Military Vote?

• Total voters

2/3rds of the military consistently vote against Democrats. No wonder why they get short changed on their absentee ballots. Here is the last poll where the troops made their opinion known about Obama and where they stand politically. Notice how the Active Duty military, guard/Reserve Military/Retirees are overwhelmingly conservative. Military Times Poll

2012 Election Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 | Army Times | armytimes.com
2008 Election Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain | Military Times | militarytimes.com
2004 Election USATODAY.com - Troops in survey back Bush 4-to-1 over Kerry

Those are kinda skewed polls (lol, hard to believe I'm saying that...)

but really, if you read into it, the polls are from subscribers of the magazine, which they openly say are older and more white then the military at large.

Direct Quote from the article:

The Military Times Poll is a secure email survey of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members who are subscribers to the Military Times newspapers (see How We Did It, below). The 3,100 respondents — roughly two-thirds active-duty and one-third reserve component members — are about 80 percent white and 91 percent male

This population is older and more senior than the military population at large, but it is representative of the professional core of the all-volunteer force.

Granted I wouldn't be surprised if the military backs Republican candidates overall, but since the younger parts of the military have many more minorities and also...are younger >.>...it probably isn't as bad as 2-1. Also the majority of the military quite young.

Last edited:

2/3rds of the military consistently vote against Democrats. No wonder why they get short changed on their absentee ballots. Here is the last poll where the troops made their opinion known about Obama and where they stand politically. Notice how the Active Duty military, guard/Reserve Military/Retirees are overwhelmingly conservative. Military Times Poll

2012 Election Military Times Poll: Romney bests Obama, 2-1 | Army Times | armytimes.com
2008 Election Military Times poll: Troops backing McCain | Military Times | militarytimes.com

militarytimes has no official connection to the US military. It's a wannabe online publication.

but really, if you read into it, the polls are from subscribers of the magazine, which they openly say are older and more white then the military at large.

The Military Times Poll is a secure email survey of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members who are subscribers to the Military Times newspapers (see How We Did It, below). The 3,100 respondents — roughly two-thirds active-duty and one-third reserve component members — are about 80 percent white and 91 percent male

This population is older and more senior than the military population at large, but it is representative of the professional core of the all-volunteer force.

Granted I wouldn't be surprised if the military backs Republican candidates overall, but since the younger parts of the military have many more minorities and also...are younger >.>...it probably isn't as bad as 2-1. Also the majority of the military quite young.

I have already addressed this haven't I?

militarytimes has no official connection to the US military. It's a wannabe online publication.

Well if you have served for 12 years in the military as I had you would know that the Military Times is a news paper sold on every military base across the globe. And their separation as a private organization (which is left wing I might add) gives them higher credibility than the published military owned propaganda that gets put out there. The Military Times is separated into four news papers. The Army Times, The Marine Times, The Navy Times, and the Air Force Times. The people who write for them are present all over the globe following stories that the average enlistee/officer would like to know about. Even the company level units have them delivered to their offices aside from their mass readership in the military. Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut on subject matter you obviously don't know about? A simple Google/wiki search could have told you everything you needed to know. But I understand. If you don't like the poll results attack the polling organization.

Last edited:

I have already addressed this haven't I?

Umm...no

Well if you have served for 12 years in the military as I had you would know that the Military Times is a news paper sold on every military base across the globe. And their separation as a private organization (which is left wing I might add) gives them higher credibility than the published military owned propaganda that gets put out there. The Military Times is separated into four news papers. The Army Times, The Marine Times, The Navy Times, and the Air Force Times. The people who write for them are present all over the globe following stories that the average enlistee/officer would like to know about. Even the company level units have them delivered to their offices aside from their mass readership in the military. Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut on subject matter you obviously don't know about? A simple Google/wiki search could have told you everything you needed to know. But I understand. If you don't like the poll results attack the polling organization.

Oh? Did you serve in the military for 12 years? Why didn't you say so two or three hundred times?

Being in the military makes no difference in voting patterns, once demographics factors are accounted for. A 50 year old white male from Wisconsin in the military is just as likely to vote Republican or Democrat as a 50 year old white civilian male from Wisconsin.

The military skews to recruiting Christian sun-belt males, who skew Republican. Hence, the military skews Republican. But those Christian sun-belt males were doomed to a life of Republicanism from well before they ever hit the military, simply because of where they grew up.

And by the way, military worship is one hallmark of fascism.

Also, lying about Democrats supposedly suppressing military ballots make the speaker look like a whiny conspiracy loon, one not honest enough to accept that America rejected their DearLeader because America thought their DearLeader was an ass.

Being in the military makes no difference in voting patterns, once demographics factors are accounted for. A 50 year old white male from Wisconsin in the military is just as likely to vote Republican or Democrat as a 50 year old white civilian male from Wisconsin.

The military skews to recruiting Christian sun-belt males, who skew Republican. Hence, the military skews Republican. But those Christian sun-belt males were doomed to a life of Republicanism from well before they ever hit the military, simply because of where they grew up.

Also, lying about Democrats supposedly suppressing military ballots make the speaker look like a whiny conspiracy loon, one not honest enough to accept that America rejected their DearLeader because America thought their DearLeader was an ass.

Plenty enough here to write a dozen pages of analysis on the lefts outlook to of the military. Indeed, conservatives are more likely to serve. But respecting those who serve does not = fascism. I was deployed for two presidential election cycles. My absentee ballot came in a few days before the election and did not get picked up until the election was over. And if anyone wants to know how democrats treat military absentee ballots just look at any contested election in recent history.

Plenty enough here to write a dozen pages of analysis on the lefts outlook to of the military. Indeed, conservatives are more likely to serve. But respecting those who serve does not = fascism. I was deployed for two presidential election cycles. My absentee ballot came in a few days before the election and did not get picked up until the election was over. And if anyone wants to know how democrats treat military absentee ballots just look at any contested election in recent history.

Shit...how many times will you whine about that.

Your ballot was counted. Period.

Yeah, I don't think absentee ballots hold any sway when they don't arrive in the US until mid December.

Yeah, I don't think absentee ballots hold any sway when they don't arrive in the US until mid December.

It was counted.

They will if Republicans keep sending us into unnecessary wars

name 3

WW1 (D)
WW2 (D)
Korea (D)
VN (D)
Bay of Pigs (D)

Only ones I can come up with are Iraq and Somalia for the (R)

WW1 and 2 were unnecessary huh?

Also the simple fact that the majority of US presidents in the 40's, 50's, and 60's were Democrat and that was the high point of cold war fighting....it's kind of a unfair comparison.

Forum List

Back