Will anyone stop Alabama?

:banghead:

I don't hope Saban dies of COVID or anything else......but.....

There were some glaring weaknesses in the first few games. Coach Saban's defense is complicated. Having no spring practice meant the younger players took longer to grasp it all. But we are clicking now.

I have no doubt we will make the playoffs.

auburn couldn't stop Bama.

Now it looks like LSU can't stop Bama.

We stopped them last year. 2020 BCS national champions. Undefeated.

Yes, last year you stopped Bama and won the national championship. This year? You are 3-4 and about to be 3-5 after the shellacking you are getting in Baton Rouge right now.

Oh, and there is no BCS championship anymore. The last one was in 2013. Oh, and Bama won 3 BCS championships. The most of any team.

Looking at things, I don't think anyone can stop Bama.

Notre Dame looks good, especially since they knocked off Clemson. But it took 2 OTs to do it, and Clemson was without their star QB. The backup was good.

Ohio State is tough. They have only played 5 games, and only one of those has a winning record. The Indiana defense gave them a hard time.

Clemson is the best bet to stop Alabama, in my humble opinion. Partly because of the players and talent. And partly because of the coaching staff's ability to find and exploit weakness.

My Florida Gators look like they’ll give up 100 points but they have the ability to throw for 101. I’d say it’s a pretty big chance we’ll win... like 9%.

Notre Dame looks good, especially since they knocked off Clemson. But it took 2 OTs to do it, and Clemson was without their star QB. The backup was good.

Ohio State is tough. They have only played 5 games, and only one of those has a winning record. The Indiana defense gave them a hard time.

Clemson is the best bet to stop Alabama, in my humble opinion. Partly because of the players and talent. And partly because of the coaching staff's ability to find and exploit weakness.
Not to mention our 2nd and third string defense. I forget how many D starters were out. They wont get us in the ACC championship.
I think it will be clemson vs alabama. Again lol. I think Alabama looks better but we have the talent to beat them if they play 100%. It will be a damn good game, regardless.

My Florida Gators look like they’ll give up 100 points but they have the ability to throw for 101. I’d say it’s a pretty big chance we’ll win... like 9%.

It could be a high scoring game. I think the Tide's defense gives them an edge. Especially since the Gator's running game is nonexistent.

Maybe Bama should beat Ohio State once in their lives before making such assumptions.

But I digress.

Maybe Bama should beat Ohio State once in their lives before making such assumptions.

But I digress.
Alabama is 3-1 vs ohio state, i believe. Ohio st just has the most recent win.

But I digress.

Ohio State has a one game win streak going. They beat Bama the last time we faced them. The time before that? Bama won.

Of course, being a lifelong Alabama fan, I am always optimistic about our chances. But there are some good reasons for optimism this year.

Our offense is clicking on all cylinders. Mac Jones is one of the best QBs in college football this year. His QB rating is at the top. His ability to throw the long ball is amazing. Jones is very good at reading defenses and checking down to his other receivers.

One of the reasons he has been so successful is our offensive line. They are big, physical and talented.

While Mac Jones is in the thick of the Heisman discussions, Devonta Smith is as well. He hold the record for SEC touchdowns for receivers. Teams know he will be targeted and double team him often. He still makes the catches. And he can flat out run like the wind. LSU's cornerback, Derek Stingley, is an All American and has been called the best cornerback in the game this year. Devonta Smith torched him for 200 yards and 3 TDs in the first HALF of the game. Add in the amazing one-handed catch in the 2nd half, and you have another potential Heisman winner. Smith has 15 TDs and 1,305 yards receiving for the year.

As if having one of the best QBs playing this year, and the best receiver in college football, Alabama has Najee Harris at RB. He is the best RB in the game this year, and is also in the discussion for the Heisman. He has over 1,000 yards against conference opponents and 20 TDs. Having to be aware of where Najee is makes the passing game that much more effective, and vice versa.

The kicker, for the first time in several years, is dead accurate.

The defense showed some problems early in the year. But they have come together to become much better. There were a couple of breakdowns against LSU, but not enough for them to match Bama's offense.

The Gators just lost to LSU. And Bama beat the Bayou Bengals like a redheaded stepchild.

Granted, LSU had a new QB who was better. But he is certainly no Mac Jones. LSU was also playing without their best cover man, and still held Florida to 34 points.

Bama's defense is much better than LSU's. Bama's running game is much, much better than LSU's. Florida is going to lose another game.

And throwing the shoe? What an idiot move by the Florida player. Had them stopped and the unsportsmanlike penalty cost the Gators the game.

FL is going to get whooped lol no doubt
AL has good pass D and FL has no run game. Its virtually non existent.
Depending on the CFP, i figure the semi finals will be AL beating ND. Clemson will beat Ohio St, although I think it will be a good game. Ohio St looks good offensively but their D isnt as good as it was last year. But they are really fresh lol....
And we will have another AL vs Clemson Championship game.
Of course, this depends on Clemson winning this weekend. LOL ND is going against a first string D and a QB that has the probability of creating more big plays.

FL is going to get whooped lol no doubt
AL has good pass D and FL has no run game. Its virtually non existent.
Depending on the CFP, i figure the semi finals will be AL beating ND. Clemson will beat Ohio St, although I think it will be a good game. Ohio St looks good offensively but their D isnt as good as it was last year. But they are really fresh lol....
And we will have another AL vs Clemson Championship game.
Of course, this depends on Clemson winning this weekend. LOL ND is going against a first string D and a QB that has the probability of creating more big plays.

I saw a hilarious quoted from Marco Wilson. He is the Florida defensive back that was penalized for throwing the LSU player shoe.

Anyway, Marco Wilson has said that he will "lock up" Devonta Smith. lol I can wait to see him get burn 4 or 5 times. Stingley (LSU) is arguably the best cover guy in college football right now, and he couldn't cover Devonta, even with help.

LSU.jpg

Alabama is getting a lot of press for their offense, specifically the passing game. And with good reason. Mac Jones is tearing it up. This season he has passed for over 3,300 yards and 27 TDs. Jalen Waddle was one of the best receivers in college football until he went down with an injury. Devonta Smith then stepped up to be almost uncoverable.

In the first few games the defense had issues. But as the season went along they began to gel and become a force to be reckoned with. Georgia held Arkansas to 10 points with a talented veteran defense. No one else has held the Razorbacks to fewer than 20 points. Until they played Bama. They scored 3 points against Bama.

But the biggest eye opener in the game against Arkansas was the run game. It has been productive all year, with Najee Harris running for over 1,000 yards and 22 TDs. But in the sports media he has been a missing person. Against Arkansas the Tide ran for 216 yards and 6 TDs. The passing game did not score a single TD, despite putting up 227 yards.

That is proof of a balanced attack, capable of scoring either through the air or on the ground.

Florida is going to be in trouble. And the playoffs should be a lot of fun to watch.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Ok, the next game up for Alabama is the SEC Championship. It is the last of, hopefully, 3 games left in the season.

After LSU beat Florida, after being a 23.5 point underdog, people started making noises that the SEC Championship would be a blow-out.

I do not think that at all. You have but to look at the rest of the season and the output of their offense to see that the Gators are capable of winning the game.

I don't think they will, of course. I think Alabama will be too much for them. But no one will completely prevent Kyle Trask from putting up some points.

The things that will put Alabama in the lead and will win the game for them are simple. Our defense is peaking at the right time, our O and D lines are better than Florida's, and the Mac Jones/Devonta Smith duo will not be stopped. Plus, one of the biggest factors is Alabama's very potent run game, compared to Florida's nonexistent run game.

Forum List

Back