Will anyone stop Alabama?

DAMMIT!!! Alabama has the best offense in college football this year. And what happens? The OC gets offered another head coaching job.

If Sark doesn't stay thru the championship game, he is a world class asshole.

DAMMIT!!! Alabama has the best offense in college football this year. And what happens? The OC gets offered another head coaching job.

If Sark doesn't stay thru the championship game, he is a world class asshole.

I already read he will be there for the NC game.

Here is something to think about.

On January 11th, every Nick Saban recruiting class will have played for a National Championship.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
An amazing season and an amazing team.

These are the awards won by the teams and individual players:

Individual awards
Associated Press player of the year
-- DeVonta Smith

Broyles Award
-- Steve Sarkisian

Unitas Golden Arm
-- Mac Jones

Joe Moore Award
-- Alabama offensive line

Paul Hornung Award
-- DeVonta Smith

Heisman Trophy
-- DeVonta Smith

Davey O’Brien Award
-- Mac Jones

Outland Trophy
-- Alex Leatherwood

Biletnikoff Award
-- DeVonta Smith

Rimington Award
-- Landon Dickerson

Walter Camp player of the year
-- DeVonta Smith

Doak Walker Award
-- Najee Harris

Maxwell Award
-- DeVonta Smith

Unanimous All-Americans
-- Najee Harris
-- DeVonta Smith
-- Landon Dickerson
-- Alex Leatherwood
-- Patrick Surtain

Consensus All-American
-- Mac Jones

SEC coach of the year
-- Nick Saban

SEC offensive player of the year
-- DeVonta Smith

SEC defensive player of the year
-- Patrick Surtain

SEC scholar-athlete of the year
-- Mac Jones

Jacobs Blocking Trophy
-- Landon Dickerson
-- Alex Leatherwood

Just one more prize to win. They are holding it for us in Miami.

• Love
Looking at things, I don't think anyone can stop Bama.

Notre Dame looks good, especially since they knocked off Clemson. But it took 2 OTs to do it, and Clemson was without their star QB. The backup was good.

Ohio State is tough. They have only played 5 games, and only one of those has a winning record. The Indiana defense gave them a hard time.

Clemson is the best bet to stop Alabama, in my humble opinion. Partly because of the players and talent. And partly because of the coaching staff's ability to find and exploit weakness.
Maybe Bama should beat Ohio State once in their lives before making such assumptions.

But I digress.

I think we did that pretty convincingly tonight.

Sipping haters tears.jpg

• Thanks
In past seasons, people have complained that Alabama played cupcakes. Not the whole schedule, mind you, but a couple of minor teams.

This year we played, and beat, 10 SEC teams in the regular season, won the SEC Championship, and blew up both teams in the College Football Playoffs!!

ROLL TIDE!!

• Thanks
Devonta Smith was the most impressive player on the team, no doubt.

But consider this, Mac Jones already has his undergrad degree when the season started. He earned his Master's in December. And in the 2020 season alone, he threw for 2.56 MILES.

• Thanks

But consider this, Mac Jones already has his undergrad degree when the season started. He earned his Master's in December. And in the 2020 season alone, he threw for 2.56 MILES.
Mac is a good quarterback. And he is smart. But he isnt great, imo. He is a product of his environment.
Best O line, best wide receiver etc.
If Mac was playing on another team, he wouldnt have had his numbers. Probably why he didnt get 2nd in heisman contest.

Mac is a good quarterback. And he is smart. But he isnt great, imo. He is a product of his environment.
If Mac was playing on another team, he wouldnt have had his numbers. Probably why he didnt get 2nd in heisman contest.

I disagree. While he may not be the greatest, you have only to see him throw the number of deep passes and his receivers not slow down, to see him work through his progression, and to be able to read the defenses the way he does. That will show you he is a great QB.

Of course having a great O line is part of it. So is having great receivers. But very few QBs with neither of those two have ever had great success.

• Thanks

Yeah, that's what kinda sucks about playing for Alabama. You're not really "outstanding" when people are comparing your team to the 2020 Dallas Cowgirls.

I have argued (with oozing hyperbole) that a retarded orangutan could with the CFP at Alabama.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back