WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be punished for embarrassing the DC establishment

This is spot on perfect, He went after the elite and I am surprised US Yesterday had the courage to print it

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will be punished for embarrassing the DC establishment

The key to the prosecution of Assange has always been to punish him without again embarrassing the powerful figures he made mockeries of.

He is our property.” Those celebratory words of Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., came on CNN soon after the news of the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

It was a sentiment shared by virtually everyone in Washington from Congress to the intelligence services. Assange committed the unpardonable sins of embarrassing the establishment — from members of Congress to intelligence officials to the news media. And he will now be punished for our sins. Despite having significant constitutional arguments to be made, it is likely that he will be stripped of those defenses and even barred from raising the overall context of his actions in federal court. What could be the most important free speech and free press case in our history could well be reduced to the scope and substance of an unauthorized computer access case.

For years, the public has debated what Assange is: journalist, whistleblower, foreign agent, dupe. The problem is that Assange is first and foremost a publisher.

Moreover, he was doing something that is usually heralded in the news media. WikiLeaks disclosed a massive and arguably unconstitutional surveillance program by the United States impacting virtually every citizen. It later published emails that showed that the Democratic National Committee and the campaign of Hillary Clinton lied in various statements to the public, including the rigging of the primary for her nomination.

No one has argued that any of these emails were false
. They were embarrassing. Of course, there is not crime of embarrassing the establishment, but that is merely a technicality.

Trump will pardon him. He loves Wikileaks.

Oh, that's right, he doesn't know anything about Wikileaks now, LOL.

What an embarrassment this fucking clown is.

From my link

No one has argued that any of these emails were false. They were embarrassing. Of course, there is not crime of embarrassing the establishment, but that is merely a technicality.

What Assange did with Wikileaks was not good journalism. He broadcast stolen documents to the world. He deserves what he gets.

It was not journalism at all. That is like calling someone selling stolen TVs out of their pickup truck a retailer.

In a perfect world him and Snowden would be dropped off in the middle of the ocean with a 100 tiny cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Who is that stupid mother fucker?

I find it funny that liberals CHEERED Assange while he was giving things up against Bush but as soon as it was turned on them and it was CLinton who was getting her ass handed to her then he is evil. But does the media forget or chose not mention( I think the latter) that i was Bradley(Chelsa) Manning who STOLE the information and gave it to him. The same person who got pardoned by Obama.

From my link

No one has argued that any of these emails were false. They were embarrassing. Of course, there is not crime of embarrassing the establishment, but that is merely a technicality.

What Assange did with Wikileaks was not good journalism. He broadcast stolen documents to the world. He deserves what he gets.

It was not journalism at all. That is like calling someone selling stolen TVs out of their pickup truck a retailer.

In a perfect world him and Snowden would be dropped off in the middle of the ocean with a 100 tiny cuts.

Now the truth.

Transparency Doesn’t Favor The Powerful

Transparency is what Julian Assange was all about, and the American empire, more so the global empire, has been desperate to keep its secrets and prosecute anyone or anything that threatens this transparency. That’s what this is all about. And they proved this with Chelsea Manning.

It’s not just people like Assange who are being demonized and hunted, it’s alternative media as well. The war on ‘fake news’ that has been happening for the last little while has had alternative media outlets presenting credible information and sources deemed as ‘fake.’ Any media outlet who even questions a controversial issue has been made out to be ‘wrong’ or ‘fake.’

Fake news watchdog NewsGuard aims to hold independent media accountable for their stories. Funded by Clinton donors and big pharma, with ties to the CFR, NewsGuard seems to have a clear agenda in favour of mainstream media. You can read more about that here.

The current vaccine discussion is another great example. Those who are currently concerned with vaccine safety are being completely shut down and silenced. Meanwhile, those who support vaccinations do not even address the concerns that are being made by people raising concerns, and instead are resorting to finger pointing, ridicule and name calling. The latest example would be the world’s leading expert on aluminum toxicology, professor Christopher Exley, who has been completely shut down with regards to his research efforts. You can read more about that here.

The mainstream media has so much control over the minds of the masses that they can actually convince a large chunk of the citizenry that this war on ‘fake news’ is completely justified, and the arrest of Julian Assange is completely justified, but is it truly? Are we asking the right questions? Or simply believing what we are told?

What Julian Assange’s Arrest Tells Us About Our World

Assange worked with Russian intel in the run-up to the 2016 election to disseminate hacked emails in ways that he believed would be most damaging to the United States of America.

That said, he should never be punished for publishing anything that he legally obtained.

That's the question here. Did he conspire to obtain info illegally?
If I buy a "hot" piece of jewelry at a pawn shop, I don't get to keep it if the jewelry is tracked down. Why is Assange allowed to publish "hot" data stolen from the government and individuals?

If you had a mind, with a decent memory, you could see and then admit that assange is nothing but a common thief first and possibly guilty of treason second. That's all there is to this.

We have a government out of control committing all sorts of illegal actions, yet some still think exposing these crimes should be punishable.

This attempt by the US government to bring Assange to trial is more an attempt to get him found guilty to scare the media into never publishing any kind of classified information, ever. Assange is just the pawn.
Bullshit.

"The indictment alleges that in March 2010, Assange engaged in a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning, a former intelligence analyst in the U.S. Army, to assist Manning in cracking a password stored on U.S. Department of Defense computers connected to the Secret Internet Protocol Network (SIPRNet), a US government network used for classified documents and communications.

"Manning, who had access to the computers in connection with her duties as an intelligence analyst, was using the computers to download classified records to transmit to WikiLeaks.

"Cracking the password would have allowed Manning to log on to the computers under a username that did not belong to her. Such a deceptive measure would have made it more difficult for investigators to determine the source of the illegal disclosures.

"During the conspiracy, Manning and Assange engaged in real-time discussions regarding Manning's transmission of classified records to Assange. The discussions also reflect Assange actively encouraging Manning to provide more information.

"During an exchange, Manning told Assange that 'after this upload, that's all I really have got left.' To which Assange replied, 'curious eyes never run dry in my experience'.

"Assange is charged with conspiracy to commit computer intrusion and is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

"If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the US Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors."

Being accused is not being guilty. After this much time I find it ludicrous to be going to all this effort when the max penalty is 5 years in a federal pen. Ergo, the government is teaching the media a lesson IMHO. But, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
It has nothing to do with publishing classified information so it cannot be a warning to the media.

You're right, it has nothing to do with publishing classified information. That's because the government wouldn't have a leg to stand on, unless of course they rescinded the 1st Amendment. Yet, there's more than one way to meet their objectives.

Assange worked with Russian intel in the run-up to the 2016 election to disseminate hacked emails in ways that he believed would be most damaging to the United States of America.

That said, he should never be punished for publishing anything that he legally obtained.

So is it your opinion that Russia did the hacking and passed selected data thru Assange to keep their participation hidden in the effort to slander his opponents?

Not necessarily.

If I buy a "hot" piece of jewelry at a pawn shop, I don't get to keep it if the jewelry is tracked down. Why is Assange allowed to publish "hot" data stolen from the government and individuals?

1st amendment.

From my link

Now the truth.

Transparency is what Julian Assange was all about, and the American empire, more so the global empire, has been desperate to keep its secrets and prosecute anyone or anything that threatens this transparency. That’s what this is all about. And they proved this with Chelsea Manning.

It’s not just people like Assange who are being demonized and hunted, it’s alternative media as well. The war on ‘fake news’ that has been happening for the last little while has had alternative media outlets presenting credible information and sources deemed as ‘fake.’ Any media outlet who even questions a controversial issue has been made out to be ‘wrong’ or ‘fake.’

Fake news watchdog NewsGuard aims to hold independent media accountable for their stories. Funded by Clinton donors and big pharma, with ties to the CFR, NewsGuard seems to have a clear agenda in favour of mainstream media. You can read more about that here.

The current vaccine discussion is another great example. Those who are currently concerned with vaccine safety are being completely shut down and silenced. Meanwhile, those who support vaccinations do not even address the concerns that are being made by people raising concerns, and instead are resorting to finger pointing, ridicule and name calling. The latest example would be the world’s leading expert on aluminum toxicology, professor Christopher Exley, who has been completely shut down with regards to his research efforts. You can read more about that here.

The mainstream media has so much control over the minds of the masses that they can actually convince a large chunk of the citizenry that this war on ‘fake news’ is completely justified, and the arrest of Julian Assange is completely justified, but is it truly? Are we asking the right questions? Or simply believing what we are told?

What a fucking joke! Assange did not care about transparency. If he did then he would have put everything he got on his site and let us all read it.

But instead he doled it out in little tid bits meant to make him the story and not the information.

Your hero worship of the man is pathetic.

Now the truth.

What a fucking joke! Assange did not care about transparency. If he did then he would have put everything he got on his site and let us all read it.

But instead he doled it out in little tid bits meant to make him the story and not the information.

Your hero worship of the man is pathetic.

Liberals like secrets...like the Mueller report and the DNC server.

Hillary fucked Sanders and CNN colluded with the Clinton campaign.

Bad form.

From my link

Probably someone on a drone list.

Or someone who has not committed suicide...........................yet.

Manning was the thief and ultimately pardoned by Obama. Should we have prosecuted the NY Times for publishing the (stolen) "Ellsberg papers" during the Vietnam War?

Since I have a degree in print journalism from back in the early 70's, I remember the "Pentagon Papers" quite well. No newspaper during WW2 or even Korea would have dreamed of printing that garbage. If they had, not only would a crowd have gathered outside, broken their windows and if they came out, beaten them to death, but the AG would have frog-marched their editors and publisher out into a paddy wagon and charged them with sedition and/or treason. The anti-war movement spread into every institution in the country during those years and especially into journalism topped off by bringing down Nixon.

I saw what happened in Vietnam with my own eyes and hated both Johnson and Nixon for not going all-out to destroy the communist north, with nukes if necessary. To come home to what was going on in our society in the year I was away was baffling. More baffling was every tenet of classic journalism being ignored and the press acting in concert with communist forces in our country to lose that war. It's worse now. Should Assange be prosecuted for espionage?....absolutely.....right along with the NYTimes and WaPo for what they printed during the Iraq War. What they've done over the last 40 years is more despicable than Assange....he ain't an American and they supposedly are.

Manning was the thief and ultimately pardoned by Obama. Should we have prosecuted the NY Times for publishing the (stolen) "Ellsberg papers" during the Vietnam War?

Since I have a degree in print journalism from back in the early 70's, I remember the "Pentagon Papers" quite well. No newspaper during WW2 or even Korea would have dreamed of printing that garbage. If they had, not only would a crowd have gathered outside, broken their windows and if they came out, beaten them to death, but the AG would have frog-marched their editors and publisher out into a paddy wagon and charged them with sedition and/or treason. The anti-war movement spread into every institution in the country during those years and especially into journalism topped off by bringing down Nixon.

I saw what happened in Vietnam with my own eyes and hated both Johnson and Nixon for not going all-out to destroy the communist north, with nukes if necessary. To come home to what was going on in our society in the year I was away was baffling. More baffling was every tenet of classic journalism being ignored and the press acting in concert with communist forces in our country to lose that war. It's worse now. Should Assange be prosecuted for espionage?....absolutely.....right along with the NYTimes and WaPo for what they printed during the Iraq War. What they've done over the last 40 years is more despicable than Assange....he ain't an American and they supposedly are.
That whole shining the light of truth thing being of no consequence?

That whole shining the light of truth thing being of no consequence?

What "truth", who's "truth"? What Manning and Assange did had real consequences to our war fighters and allies...what was gained? Did the average American give a crap about any of the inside-baseball in most of it? What we did care about was who's life was put in jeopardy and our ability to ever fight another war without the mission being compromised by those who demand we fail and knuckle under to the "new world order" ie the commissars who want that Pentagon money. Manning should have been shot by firing squad, but instead the treasonous Kenyan pardoned him/her....a telling statement about his loyalties. Assange sees himself as a champion for full-disclosure of all secrets other than his own. What I want to hear from him is what role Seth Rich played in the DNC hack, a betrayal of the Clintons he paid for with his life.

Soooo it’s all good so long as lots of people are dying for lies and Lockheed Martin’s bottom line. No need to see behind the curtain, no reason for John Jones, farm implement salesman, Beetlefuck, Iowa to know the real reason the bits and pieces of what is left of his son lie cold in the churchyard.
Fuck that.
It is my great wish that more and more have the backbone exhibited by Ellsberg, Manning, Snowden, Kirakou, Van Buren and others in making public the atrocious behavior of the government. Let us hope that there will always be an Assange or a Greenwood out there to make public important info.

Soooo it’s all good so long as lots of people are dying for lies and Lockheed Martin’s bottom line. No need to see behind the curtain, no reason for John Jones, farm implement salesman, Beetlefuck, Iowa to know the real reason the bits and pieces of what is left of his son lie cold in the churchyard.
Fuck that.
It is my great wish that more and more have the backbone exhibited by Ellsberg, Manning, Snowden, Kirakou, Van Buren and others in making public the atrocious behavior of the government. Let us hope that there will always be an Assange or a Greenwood out there to make public important info.

You ever see people dying for anybody's bottom line? Of course not....you've never served, had any responsibility to anybody or anything but yourself....Anybody, and I mean anybody in Beetlefuck, Iowa is more American than your sorry ass will ever be. Face it boy, you don't know a fucking thing about any of this....the schools you went to and the ponytailed queers who posed as your teachers made sure of that.

Not that I have to justify myself to your fascist ass but 40 years later I can point out where Jolo’s was at the intersection of Mangsaysay Drive and Jose Rizal Blvd in ‘Po City. A place that’s been gone longer than you’ve been hold up in your aunties basement.

Financial bottom lines are the only things ever fought for.

Last edited:
I find it funny that liberals CHEERED Assange while he was giving things up against Bush but as soon as it was turned on them and it was CLinton who was getting her ass handed to her then he is evil. But does the media forget or chose not mention( I think the latter) that i was Bradley(Chelsa) Manning who STOLE the information and gave it to him. The same person who got pardoned by Obama.

Obama didn't pardon Manning. Manning served 7 years of a 35 year sentence, and then Obama COMMUTED his sentence. He was never pardoned.

Obama didn't pardon Manning. Manning served 7 years of a 35 year sentence, and then Obama COMMUTED his sentence. He was never pardoned.
without Obama this person would still be in jail , No?

Forum List

Back