Why you cannot compare China's COVID-19 response to the US.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It boils down to one very significant difference. The virus was spawned in Wuhan and Wuhan only. So all President Xi had to do is drawn a circle around Wuhan and isolate it. They took an economic hit but they are already rebounding because they had ONE small region of their country to shutdown. Period. There is no way IMO they would have ordered a full shutdown and isolation of 1.3 billion Chinese and their entire economy.

By contrast, The US was attacked in a biological sense by many thousands of infected Chinese infecting all 50 US states. Strategically this is an entirely different scenario and is many times more complex than China just putting a fence around one city.

This seems so obvious but I'm sure our resident Liberal experts will respond with "YABUT..... ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!"

It boils down to one very significant difference. The virus was spawned in Wuhan and Wuhan only. So all President Xi had to do is drawn a circle around Wuhan and isolate it. They took an economic hit but they are already rebounding because they had ONE small region of their country to shutdown. Period. There is no way IMO they would have ordered a full shutdown and isolation of 1.3 billion Chinese and their entire economy.

By contrast, The US was attacked in a biological sense by many thousands of infected Chinese infecting all 50 US states. Strategically this is an entirely different scenario and is many times more complex than China just putting a fence around one city.

This seems so obvious but I'm sure our resident Liberal experts will respond with "YABUT..... ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!"

That's bullshit.

From Wuhan it spread to Shanghai, Beijing. all over China. Then it spread elsewhere.

Strawman fall down.

The other aspect is that any numbers coming out of China are lies.

Because you saw it posted on a message board.
That rat that is incontrovertible evidence, that is.
No, I have real resources and a willingness to seek out the truth regardless of My own beliefs.

But yeah, you go right ahead and keep defending and protecting China.

It spread all over their country.

I don't believe their numbers because they've been lying since day one.

From the start they said they were sacrificing five of their major cities that were infected.

No, I've seen the draconian measures China took. It should be on youtube, but haven't seen it there. Once you see it, then you'll realize it is safer there with no vaccine and the only way to effectively combat is quarantine and sanitation.

This is in California. I was ready for martial law lockdown this week with use of drones to shoo people from congregating or disseminate information to the homeless camps. However, I don't think that happened and people went to the parks and beaches in droves.

I would fully support dropping nukes on China today.....Fuck that hell hole....

No, I have real resources and a willingness to seek out the truth regardless of My own beliefs.

But yeah, you go right ahead erecting strawmen hoping someone will buy it.

Don't you *EVER* put words in my mouth.

Well, that and China's track record for honesty. :rolleyes-41:

It ain't much of a record, either recently or farther back.

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence. As opposed to the infantile "saying so makes it so".

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence
It's not a fucking court of law. China is a country that can't be trusted, even with this virus they lied to the world.
Sheesh, Pogo, you're a better fit there than here.

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence
It's not a fucking court of law. China is a country that can't be trusted, even with this virus they lied to the world.

Where, in a court of law? You may be right.

There's no law issue here however. It's again, simple logic. If you make an assertion, you have the burden of proof. It's ALWAYS on the asserter. Period, Full Stop.

And again --- the assertion wasn't whether China "lied to the world". It was that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". That's present tense.

There's no law issue here however. It's again, simple logic. If you make an assertion, you have the burden of proof. It's ALWAYS on the asserter. Period, Full Stop.

And again --- the assertion wasn't whether China "lied to the world". It was that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". That's present tense.
And with China's lies, they very well could be lies. They have been lying since last year regarding the virus.
You just don't seem to want to believe it.

LMAO

I did NOT put words into your mouth, not that your statement would affect how I conduct myself. YOUR ATTITUDE and posting history put those words in your mouth.

But you go ahead and defend China while pretending that you are not. I have no more time for you tonight.

LMAO

I did NOT put words into your mouth, not that your statement would affect how I conduct myself. YOUR ATTITUDE and posting history put those words in your mouth.

But you go ahead and defend China while pretending that you are not. I have no more time for you tonight.

See? You just did it again.

Prove me wrong. ****QUOTE IT****

Exactly, you can't. Now FUCK OFF.

And with China's lies, they very well could be lies. They have been lying since last year regarding the virus.
You just don't seem to want to believe it.

I'm perfectly willing to believe it. I've denounced how they handled it already, it would follow.

But I'm not seeing EVIDENCE.

Are we not clear on what the word "evidence" means?

Forum List

Back