Why you cannot compare China's COVID-19 response to the US.

The other aspect is that any numbers coming out of China are lies.

Because you saw it posted on a message board.
That rat that is incontrovertible evidence, that is.
Well, that and China's track record for honesty. :rolleyes-41:

It ain't much of a record, either recently or farther back.

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence
It's not a fucking court of law. China is a country that can't be trusted, even with this virus they lied to the world.
Sheesh, Pogo, you're a better fit there than here.

Where, in a court of law? You may be right.

There's no law issue here however. It's again, simple logic. If you make an assertion, you have the burden of proof. It's ALWAYS on the asserter. Period, Full Stop.

And again --- the assertion wasn't whether China "lied to the world". It was that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". That's present tense.
And with China's lies, they very well could be lies. They have been lying since last year regarding the virus.
You just don't seem to want to believe it.

I'm perfectly willing to believe it. I've denounced how they handled it already, it would follow.

But I'm not seeing EVIDENCE.

Are we not clear on what the word "evidence" means?
Well, China did kick out the WHO doctors that were there to observe, if memory serves me right.
Hard to collect solid evidence one way or the other, but does raise up the skepticism flag

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence
It's not a fucking court of law. China is a country that can't be trusted, even with this virus they lied to the world.

There's no law issue here however. It's again, simple logic. If you make an assertion, you have the burden of proof. It's ALWAYS on the asserter. Period, Full Stop.

And again --- the assertion wasn't whether China "lied to the world". It was that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". That's present tense.
And with China's lies, they very well could be lies. They have been lying since last year regarding the virus.

I'm perfectly willing to believe it. I've denounced how they handled it already, it would follow.

Well, China did kick out the WHO doctors that were there to observe, if memory serves me right.
Hard to collect solid evidence one way or the other, but does raise up the skepticism flag

Yep, and they buried the news of how it was spreading, putting the world at risk. Their credibility is in the toilet.

But that's still not evidence.

Yep, and they buried the news of how it was spreading, putting the world at risk. Their credibility is in the toilet.

You're right, they are not credible.
So why would should we take their numbers as fact?

You're right, they are not credible.
So why would should we take their numbers as fact?

We shouldn't.
The other side of that coin is, why should we take the declaration that "the numbers coming out are lies" as fact? Where's the evidence?

Now here's where we put it in the end zone,

--- If the poster "knows" that the numbers are "lies", then by definition he must know what the true numbers are and can demonstrate the discrepancy.

WHY isn't he giving us those numbers?

Because he would have to make them up?

If so, why would his numbers be worth any more than China's?

It boils down to one very significant difference. The virus was spawned in Wuhan and Wuhan only. So all President Xi had to do is drawn a circle around Wuhan and isolate it. They took an economic hit but they are already rebounding because they had ONE small region of their country to shutdown. Period. There is no way IMO they would have ordered a full shutdown and isolation of 1.3 billion Chinese and their entire economy.

By contrast, The US was attacked in a biological sense by many thousands of infected Chinese infecting all 50 US states. Strategically this is an entirely different scenario and is many times more complex than China just putting a fence around one city.

This seems so obvious but I'm sure our resident Liberal experts will respond with "YABUT..... ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!"

It spread all over their country.

I don't believe their numbers because they've been lying since day one.
Their entire country is shut down as well.
As soon as they start sending their slaves...I mean people, back to work, the virus will start spreading there again.

It boils down to one very significant difference. The virus was spawned in Wuhan and Wuhan only. So all President Xi had to do is drawn a circle around Wuhan and isolate it. They took an economic hit but they are already rebounding because they had ONE small region of their country to shutdown. Period. There is no way IMO they would have ordered a full shutdown and isolation of 1.3 billion Chinese and their entire economy.

By contrast, The US was attacked in a biological sense by many thousands of infected Chinese infecting all 50 US states. Strategically this is an entirely different scenario and is many times more complex than China just putting a fence around one city.

This seems so obvious but I'm sure our resident Liberal experts will respond with "YABUT..... ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!!"

It's cultural and political.. Folks do not TRAVEL in China like we do.. DOn't have nation-wide distribution traffic.. These folks are pretty much "self confined" because of that.. And if they DO travel, an authoritarian regime can shut that down in a blink..

Any journalist COMPARING the 2 cases without mentioning ALL the differences is just a hack and/or a political agitator...

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence. As opposed to the infantile "saying so makes it so".

So you APPROVE of them sanctioning and isolating the several Drs that tried to warn the world almost a month earlier?? One of them later died of COVID.. And you believe they are COMPLETELY HONEST even AFTER they kicked out 6 or 8 LARGE international press corps so that nothing "contrary" to the State's media could be reported???

HONEST countries don't operate that way in a crisis... Even DISHONEST ones dont if they have "nothing to hide"....

ALL of things people are telling you here in thread is INDEED evidence that we shouldn't trust their reporting.. I just called up a "hot spot" map of China.. From 12 Feb.. Note that 70% or MORE of their population is located in Bejing or the SEastern provinces.. Nobody LIVES in the rest of the country..

pVs5kNOuOq8HoT9%20Spread_of_Wuhan_Coronavirus_in_China%20(large).png

Now if ALL of China has shutdown to "contain the virus" since Feb 12, By APRIL 12th, the boats would stop coming and we'd be in DEEP shit.. Because 60% of everything we BUY comes from there outside of food and clothing..

I KNOW that their Silicon Valley in Shenzhen did not shut down... So it's either like I said that people there are "self isolated" in their own cities MOST of the time anyways.. Or that IF THEY DID -- we'll be carving chop sticks out of wood and not finding DRUGS on the shelves at pharmacies by mid April...

SO -- what is this China Miracle that the lefty fake news is pushing???

Are you trying to say this is the Chinese waging biological warfare against the US? You must be off your meds again.
Never been on meds, thanks. So riddle me this. Why did President Xi purposefully deny community spread and allow MILLIONS of human to human contacts with people from Wuhan before admitting the problem?

ALL of things people are telling you here in thread is INDEED evidence that we shouldn't trust their reporting.. I just called up a "hot spot" map of China.. From 12 Feb.. Note that 70% or MORE of their population is located in Bejing or the SEastern provinces.. Nobody LIVES in the rest of the country..

Now if ALL of China has shutdown to "contain the virus" since Feb 12, By APRIL 12th, the boats would stop coming and we'd be in DEEP shit.. Because 60% of everything we BUY comes from there outside of food and clothing..

I KNOW that their Silicon Valley in Shenzhen did not shut down... So it's either like I said that people there are "self isolated" in their own cities MOST of the time anyways.. Or that IF THEY DID -- we'll be carving chop sticks out of wood and not finding DRUGS on the shelves at pharmacies by mid April...

That's all very nice as background. But it didn't address the point here.

But the fact remains, the poster has no evidence that "the numbers coming out of China are lies". When he does he can make that point. Simple question of proving one's case with evidence. As opposed to the infantile "saying so makes it so".

So you APPROVE of them sanctioning and isolating the several Drs that tried to warn the world almost a month earlier?? One of them later died of COVID.. And you believe they are COMPLETELY HONEST even AFTER they kicked out 6 or 8 LARGE international press corps so that nothing "contrary" to the State's media could be reported???

HONEST countries don't operate that way in a crisis... Even DISHONEST ones dont if they have "nothing to hide"....

Where did I say ANYTHING REMOTELY resembling that?? :wtf: Quote me.

Sometimes I feel like the only one in the room who knows how to read. THIS JUST IN it's neither necessary nor valid, to read in all kinds of shit that was never expressed. Your function as the recipient of whatever's written is to simply ingest, not to leap tall buildings in a single bound. The words mean what they mean, no more, no less.

Cheeses. :bang3:

That's all very nice as background. But it didn't address the point here.

Don't know what point you're onto -- but everything I just told you is WHY "you cannot trust China's reporting on ANYTHING related to COVID"... Whilst you -- want to cut them the benefit of YOUR doubt.. I have NO doubt on this "point"....

Certainly will because you have a HISTORY of not remembering what you posted a page ago..

You were dissing and mixing it up with posters that were TRYING TO TELL YOU -- that China can't be trusted on COVID...

Let;s start there.. Because that's REPEATED in about 2 or 5 of your previous post.. READ THE CONTEXT to your "snarky reply" as well...

Certainly will because you have a HISTORY of not remembering what you posted a page ago..

You were dissing and mixing it up with posters that were TRYING TO TELL YOU -- that China can't be trusted on COVID...

Let;s start there.. Because that's REPEATED in about 2 or 5 of your previous post.. READ THE CONTEXT to your "snarky reply" as well...
All of you missed his point completely. Read what he said not what you think he said. His point is actually quite obvious IF you chose to see it............

All of you missed his point completely. Read what he said not what you think he said. His point is actually quite obvious IF you chose to see it............

If you're saying he's repeatedly mixed it up with members on CHina's credibility because of LACK OF EVIDENCE -- not message evidence, but ACTUAL evidence -- several members have supplied that...

Otherwise all I see is a tendency to harangue anyone that DOUBTS Chinese leadership veracity on this matter...

If you're saying he's repeatedly mixed it up with members on CHina's credibility because of LACK OF EVIDENCE -- not message evidence, but ACTUAL evidence -- several members have supplied that...

Otherwise all I see is a tendency to harangue anyone that DOUBTS Chinese leadership veracity on this matter...
Still reading in eh? Drop the us vs them and see it for what it is, an academic question. Claim made, proof requested, period. No us vs them, no defense of China or condemnation of the US that you all are reading into it. Like I said, academic.
Did those posters have the actual numbers constituting academic proof or are you still responding emotively?

Last edited:

Still reading in eh? Drop the us vs them and see it for what it is, an academic question. Claim made, proof requested, period. No us vs them, no defense of China or condemnation of the US that you all are reading into it. Like I said, academic.

Proof WAS submitted... You had China taking 3 of its doctors OFF DUTY because they dared to try and INFORM the world early... You then had them KICK out the large majority of Western press... How much more Authoritarian measures do you NEED to doubt the accuracy of their information?

Proof WAS submitted... You had China taking 3 of its doctors OFF DUTY because they dared to try and INFORM the world early... You then had them KICK out the large majority of Western press... How much more Authoritarian measures do you NEED to doubt the accuracy of their information?
You're still missing the point. Come on Fla, I know you're smarter than this. Think academically, he's not saying he doesn't doubt the accuracy of their information, you all are claiming he is. Again: Claim made, (academic) proof requested, no (academic) proof provided (numbers, explicit examples, etc) nothing more, nothing less.
I recognize it because I do it all the time which is why I'm labeled both a liberoid and a Trumptard......... :D

Oh and academically the so called proof you claim others stated is not proof per se, it's evidential conjecture. There is a difference.

BULLSHIT. I know, and stand behind, everything I've posted. And I mean everything. That's exactly WHY I say "quote me". Because I know it doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back