Why you cannot compare China's COVID-19 response to the US.

But that's still not evidence.

ALL of things people are telling you here in thread is INDEED evidence that we shouldn't trust their reporting.. I just called up a "hot spot" map of China.. From 12 Feb.. Note that 70% or MORE of their population is located in Bejing or the SEastern provinces.. Nobody LIVES in the rest of the country..

pVs5kNOuOq8HoT9%20Spread_of_Wuhan_Coronavirus_in_China%20(large).png

Now if ALL of China has shutdown to "contain the virus" since Feb 12, By APRIL 12th, the boats would stop coming and we'd be in DEEP shit.. Because 60% of everything we BUY comes from there outside of food and clothing..

I KNOW that their Silicon Valley in Shenzhen did not shut down... So it's either like I said that people there are "self isolated" in their own cities MOST of the time anyways.. Or that IF THEY DID -- we'll be carving chop sticks out of wood and not finding DRUGS on the shelves at pharmacies by mid April...

SO -- what is this China Miracle that the lefty fake news is pushing???

That's all very nice as background. But it didn't address the point here.

Don't know what point you're onto -- but everything I just told you is WHY "you cannot trust China's reporting on ANYTHING related to COVID"... Whilst you -- want to cut them the benefit of YOUR doubt.. I have NO doubt on this "point"....

Again --- you're contradicting a point I never made.

Where did I say ANYTHING REMOTELY resembling that?? :wtf: Quote me.

Certainly will because you have a HISTORY of not remembering what you posted a page ago..

You were dissing and mixing it up with posters that were TRYING TO TELL YOU -- that China can't be trusted on COVID...

Let;s start there.. Because that's REPEATED in about 2 or 5 of your previous post.. READ THE CONTEXT to your "snarky reply" as well...
All of you missed his point completely. Read what he said not what you think he said. His point is actually quite obvious IF you chose to see it............

THANK YOU. This is what I meant by feeling like the only one in the room who can read. Not the only one now.

Some wags are so bent on seeing shit that isn't there, they just bring their own. I guess it's a way of trying to deflect away from what the point actually WAS because they know they can't shoot it down.

Think academically, he's not saying he doesn't doubt the accuracy of their information, you all are claiming he is.

Think LITERALLY... He DOESN'T doubt the accuracy of the Chinese information.. That's the problem. You wrote that wrong. OTHERWISE, if he DID doubt it -- he's already be aware of the FACTUAL basis for that doubt and wouldn't have to "academically" (or otherwise) badger posters for documented proof.

Don't think we ever CONNECT enough on a message board to KNOW how much the other posters actually know.. They don't TYPE enough to tell... So GUESSING that they're making it up -- is just not trusting them..

And it SAYS nothing about the accuser's knowledge of the facts.. Which is the aggravating part...

Last edited:

Certainly will because you have a HISTORY of not remembering what you posted a page ago..

You were dissing and mixing it up with posters that were TRYING TO TELL YOU -- that China can't be trusted on COVID...

Let;s start there.. Because that's REPEATED in about 2 or 5 of your previous post.. READ THE CONTEXT to your "snarky reply" as well...
All of you missed his point completely. Read what he said not what you think he said. His point is actually quite obvious IF you chose to see it............

THANK YOU. This is what I meant by feeling like the only one in the room who can read. Not the only one now.

Some wags are so bent on seeing shit that isn't there, they just bring their own. I guess it's a way of trying to deflect away from what the point actually WAS because they know they can't shoot it down.
There's a reason some places (in the past, not specifically internet) barred the "discussion" of politics and religion because both are primarily emotive. Even highly rational people can become quite irrational in either of those realms of human endeavor. It's the Us vs Them, not our kind paradigm otherwise known as "othering" in psychological circles. It's innate to all humans and the easiest trap we fall into. This board is a perfect laboratory sample of othering, most here, most of the time read into what they are reading based on their own bias, another completely "normal" human reaction. We all do it to one degree or another, heck I've caught myself doing it more often than I like or even like to admit.
Some will funny this post, or try to argue it's not true despite the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary. People give lip service to admitting not being perfect but few really know how imperfect we are let alone how imperfect they are. People don't like to be told or shown their imperfections.

When I GAVE HIM my reasons, the response was a simple --- "That's not the point"...

Translate that for me Ringel...

There's a reason some places (in the past, not specifically internet) barred the "discussion" of politics and religion because both are primarily emotive. Even highly rational people can become quite irrational in either of those realms of human endeavor. It's the Us vs Them, not our kind paradigm otherwise known as "othering" in psychological circles. It's innate to all humans and the easiest trap we fall into. This board is a perfect laboratory sample of othering, most here, most of the time read into what they are reading based on their own bias, another completely "normal" human reaction. We all do it to one degree or another, heck I've caught myself doing it more often than I like or even like to admit.
Some will funny this post, or try to argue it's not true despite the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary. People give lip service to admitting not being perfect but few really know how imperfect we are let alone how imperfect they are. People don't like to be told or shown their imperfections.

Absolutely correct. Right on.. But pretending people are WRONG, without committing YOUR knowledge of the facts is a game that takes WAAAY too long to be successful on a message board..

Think academically, he's not saying he doesn't doubt the accuracy of their information, you all are claiming he is.

Think LITERALLY... He DOESN'T doubt the accuracy of the Chinese information.. That's the problem. You wrote that wrong. OTHERWISE, if he DID doubt it -- he's already be aware of the FACTUAL basis for that doubt and wouldn't have to "academically" (or otherwise) badger posters for documented proof.

Don't think we ever CONNECT enough on a message board to KNOW how much the other posters actually know.. They don't TYPE enough to tell... So GUESSING that they're making it up -- is just not trusting them..

And it SAYS nothing about the accuser's knowledge of the facts.. Which is the aggravating part...
You appear to still be in the Us vs Them mode, I'm telling you to read literally, not read into. Learn the difference between proof and evidentuary conjecture. He's badgering one, who is undeniably hard right therefore (like the hard left) emotive beyond logic making all or nothing claims, the rest, including yourself jumped in, misinterpreted his intent and went emotive on him. If you refuse to shut off the Us vs Them, "and I have the proof", (not) and see what I'm saying then we'll never get anywhere making this a waste of both our times.

Absolutely correct. Right on.. But pretending people are WRONG, without committing YOUR knowledge of the facts is a game that takes WAAAY too long to be successful on a message board..

Maybe DON'T DO IT THEN. :banghead:

When I GAVE HIM my reasons, the response was a simple --- "That's not the point"...

You gave him "reasons", reasons are not proof. Dude, it's easy if you drop your unnecessary defenses and open your eyes, and your mind.

Damn, again it's so simple a child could see it......... But you refuse to.

You gave him "reasons", reasons are not proof. Dude, it's easy if you drop your unnecessary defenses and open your eyes, and your mind.

Actually I mentioned two of the MANY FACTS that drive my conclusions.. They are SUFFICIENT as facts to reasonably TEST my conclusions or any general conclusion about this decision.. And SO DID multiple members.

I don't know and dont abide by party warfare.. I'm mostly oblivious to it, no matter HOW HARD the 2 warring tribes try to draw me in.. So that's not in play... IT IS IN PLAY for most of the politically polarized membership -- but not on my part in this case...

Odds are this did NOT start in Wuhan province.
More likely the deaths started in Wuhan because they had no resistance to this COVID-19, but it likely started elsewhere, without a high mortality rate, and was assumed to be a normal flu and ignored.

ALL of things people are telling you here in thread is INDEED evidence that we shouldn't trust their reporting.. I just called up a "hot spot" map of China.. From 12 Feb.. Note that 70% or MORE of their population is located in Bejing or the SEastern provinces.. Nobody LIVES in the rest of the country..

Now if ALL of China has shutdown to "contain the virus" since Feb 12, By APRIL 12th, the boats would stop coming and we'd be in DEEP shit.. Because 60% of everything we BUY comes from there outside of food and clothing..

I KNOW that their Silicon Valley in Shenzhen did not shut down... So it's either like I said that people there are "self isolated" in their own cities MOST of the time anyways.. Or that IF THEY DID -- we'll be carving chop sticks out of wood and not finding DRUGS on the shelves at pharmacies by mid April...

Don't know what point you're onto -- but everything I just told you is WHY "you cannot trust China's reporting on ANYTHING related to COVID"... Whilst you -- want to cut them the benefit of YOUR doubt.. I have NO doubt on this "point"....

Can we just get to the nub of this and be done?

DO YOU trust the information coming from China ENOUGH to even answer the OP question???

Why -- yes or no....

Actually I mentioned two of the MANY FACTS that drive my conclusions.. They are SUFFICIENT as facts to reasonably TEST my conclusions or any general conclusion about this decision.. And SO DID multiple members.

I don't know and dont abide by party warfare.. I'm mostly oblivious to it, no matter HOW HARD the 2 warring tribes try to draw me in.. So that's not in play... IT IS IN PLAY for most of the politically polarized membership -- but not on my part in this case...
What you provided was evidentury events, the conclusions you came to is what is defined anywhere and everywhere as conjecture, not definitive proof. If I make a claim and someone asks me to back it up with definitive proof then all they are doing is asking to see the definitive proof behind my claim. Doesn't mean they're disputing my claim, they're SIMPLY asking for definitive proof to back up my claim. Do you see the difference between that and someone trying to dispute or deflect from my claim? It was a simple point asking the poster in question to back up his claim, not dispute it, not deny it.
There was no personal value judgement associated with his question hence academic.

Last edited:
What you provided was evidentury events, the conclusions you came to is what is defined anywhere and everywhere as conjecture, not definitive proof.

If that was true, we'd still be debating whether Stalin was an effective leader.. Don't know why you expect DEFINITIVE proof that an authoritarian regime is HIDING their problems with COVID when their ACTIONS say that they are...

DO YOU trust the information coming from China ENOUGH to even answer the OP question???

Why -- yes or no....

You are a real piece of work.

I already answered that early in the thread BUT the first word in the title is "WHY".

That means the asserter is setting out the reasoning behind his premise that follows. "Why that is".

THAT REASONING turned out to be ipse dixit, an empty speculation he can't prove. And that's what I called out.

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. FULL STOP. THE END. ROLL CREDITS, MUSIC SWELLS, CUE FAT LADY AAAAAND SCENE.

Quit bringing in buckets of shit that was never there. You need to learn to read. What did you say English was, your third language? Fourth?

What you provided was evidentury events, the conclusions you came to is what is defined anywhere and everywhere as conjecture, not definitive proof.

If that was true, we'd still be debating whether Stalin was an effective leader.. Don't know why you expect DEFINITIVE proof that an authoritarian regime is HIDING their problems with COVID when their ACTIONS say that they are...
Expect has nothing to do with it......... *sigh*
Never mind.

We shouldn't.
The other side of that coin is, why should we take the declaration that "the numbers coming out are lies" as fact? Where's the evidence?

HERE'S a good summary of the evidence for "not trusting" an Authoritarian regime that has moved to silence ALL speech and reporting except it's own.. "Not trusting" is a nice way of saying they are lying thru their OWN media and not allowing a speck of speech on the topic...

China's state censors have clamped down this week on digital items related to the outbreak of a new coronavirus, removing local news reports that expose the dire circumstances in the city of Wuhan, epicenter of the outbreak, and scrubbing social media platforms of posts from Wuhan residents who say they are ill and desperate for medical care and supplies.

Those restrictions were put to the test on Friday after the death of Dr. Li Wenliang, one of the eight whistleblowers reprimanded by police for warning others about a mysterious pneumonialike disease in December. Less than 90 minutes after his death on Friday morning, the hashtag "I want freedom of speech" was trending on Weibo, a popular Chinese blogging site, with nearly 2 million posts. The posts were gone by sunrise.

This chokehold on information, now six weeks after the first public reports of a pneumonialike illness surfaced on Dec. 30, heralds a new stage in the Chinese state's response to the new coronavirus.

"We are also seeing these restrictions being accompanied by intensified propaganda," says Maria Repnikova, a global communications professor at Georgia State University. "The message being: We get that this is a grave problem, and we are fixing it."

First, for nearly four weeks, the municipal government officials in Wuhan worked to hide the severity of the disease. Then, when scientific disclosures made it untenable to downplay the crisis, regional authorities began placing quarantines unprecedented in scale and intensity over large swaths of the country.

Now, China is working to reestablish control over the narrative by shutting down individual social media accounts and reigning in aggressive local coverage of initial government missteps that may have contributed to the spread of the coronavirus beyond the city of Wuhan.

Within the quarantine zone, people have been confined to their apartments or new mass quarantine wards. But online, information began to proliferate.

Muckraking Chinese journalists have been publishing interviews with doctors with damning details that sometimes contradict official accounts. One piece, since deleted by censors, alleges the official tally of infected patients is far lower than the true scale of the outbreak, citing several Wuhan doctors.

To counteract the critical coverage of the Wuhan quarantine, the Communist Party's publicity department dispatched over 300 reporters from state media agencies to Wuhan and Hubei province earlier this week.

Government cyberspace regulators mandated in a notice on Wednesday that the country's biggest Internet companies, including Tencent, Baidu and ByteDance, "conduct special supervision" on epidemic-related news. Soon after, social media platforms, including WeChat, began suspending accounts found to have spread "sensitive information or illegal content," according to screenshots of sealed accounts. Tencent did not respond to a request for comment in time for publication.

"I think what this act is telling us is that the discussions online are entering into the zone of perceived sensitivity for the state," says Repnikova of Georgia State University.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ANYONE who actually believes these are the ACTIONS of a trustworthy source, deserves to LIVE in an authoritarian regime like this.. That's why most of us have enough self-preservation to KNOW when a govt is not to trusted... Like when they INTERFERE with any of of MAJOR self-claimed liberties and freedoms..

It's not rocket science Jack...

Why -- yes or no....

You are a real piece of work.

I already answered that early in the thread BUT the first word in the title is "WHY".

That means the asserter is setting out the reasoning behind his premise that follows. "Why that is".

THAT REASONING turned out to be ipse dixit, an empty speculation he can't prove. And that's what I called out.

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. FULL STOP. THE END. ROLL CREDITS, MUSIC SWELLS, CUE FAT LADY AAAAAND SCENE.

Quit bringing in buckets of shit that was never there. You need to learn to read. What did you say English was, your third language? Fourth?

A asked a valid question STILL not anwered.. You freaked out completely by the WHY part and gave a dictionary tour again...

SIMPLE -- answer the question.. The "WHY" part is JUSTIFY your answer with FACTS or REASON..

Early in the thread, you did mostly badgering of folks.. Didn't see my question answered.. Are you ABOVE stating your opinions and justifying them? Think everyone else is a Socratic student of yours?

Forum List

Back