Why would Flynn's layers CUT all ties with the WH ???

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
While right wingers on here "demand proof" of what Mueller may be doing, the wily special prosecutor is slowly and surely building a strong case against Trump.......MOSTLY along the lines of the serious crime of Obstruction of Justice (the Russian collusion is related but secondary to the probe.....)

Now. we DO know that both Papadapolous and Page were minor, wanna-be players in the scandal that has befallen this inept administration, BUT Flynn and Manafort were NOT minor players in the Trump campaign and transition phases.....

So, regardless of the dancing around quickly done by Trump's lawyers, the fact that Flynn's lawyers will NO longer be cooperating with them and the WH, signifies that Flynn (who was DENIED immunity) is looking for the best deal to keep his sorry ass (and his son's) out of prison........AND, the ONLY way he can do that is to provide valuable and certifiable information on Trump and his remaining entourage.....REMEMBER, that earlier this year Flynn openly and quickly stated...."I have a story to tell....."

Michael Flynn cut ties with Trump, maybe showing Mueller cooperation

• Banned
My apologies for misspelling "lawyers" in the thread's heading......I wish there was a way to correct that once posted.

While right wingers on here "demand proof" of what Mueller may be doing, the wily special prosecutor is slowly and surely building a strong case against Trump.......MOSTLY along the lines of the serious crime of Obstruction of Justice (the Russian collusion is related but secondary to the probe.....)

Now. we DO know that both Papadapolous and Page were minor, wanna-be players in the scandal that has befallen this inept administration, BUT Flynn and Manafort were NOT minor players in the Trump campaign and transition phases.....

So, regardless of the dancing around quickly done by Trump's lawyers, the fact that Flynn's lawyers will NO longer be cooperating with them and the WH, signifies that Flynn (who was DENIED immunity) is looking for the best deal to keep his sorry ass (and his son's) out of prison........AND, the ONLY way he can do that is to provide valuable and certifiable information on Trump and his remaining entourage.....REMEMBER, that earlier this year Flynn openly and quickly stated...."I have a story to tell....."

Why would Flynn's layers CUT all ties with the WH ???
I don't know.
  • It could be something as simple as basic confidentiality.
  • To avoid the actuality or appearance of having conflicts of interest.
  • It could be to avoid themselves or their client becoming subject to obstruction charges for disclosing information that could prevent investigators from obtaining pertinent information.
  • It could be just because they think Trump's lawyers are "sh*ts" and they don't want to have anything to do with them.
  • It could be because they were ordered to do so.
  • It could be none of that, some of it or something(s) else altogether.
Until the reason is made clear, I think speculating about it is a waste of time.

I will say that I find it a bit odd that the fact of the cessation of interactions has become public knowledge. I'd expect, for the "Russia" matter, such a change in the nature of interaction be something attorneys just do and say nothing about their doing it. In the "Russia" matter, which is a criminal investigation rather than a political one as Congress' is, neither Trump nor Flynn would seem to have something to gain by disclosing the change in the nature of involvement between the two men's legal teams, at least IMO. It may affect public opinion, but insofar as Mueller's investigation is a criminal one, any charges he brings will be heard in a court of law, and public opinion isn't going to much matter in such a trial.

the wily special prosecutor is slowly and surely building a strong case against Trump

I'm sure he's trying to do that. Whether there is a strong case that can be made is what I and everyone but Mueller's team, perhaps some Congress members and their staff, don't know. What I do know is that when Mueller is done, we'll find out the strength of the case he's got.

well, Flynn has his own financial and family interests to protect. That's what happens

• Banned
I don't know.
  • It could be to avoid themselves or their client becoming subject to obstruction charges for disclosing information that could prevent investigators from obtaining pertinent information.
  • It could be just because they think Trump's lawyers are "sh*ts" and they don't want to have anything to do with them.
Until the reason is made clear, I think speculating about it is a waste of time.

I respectfully disagree.........My thoughts are that Flynn's lawyers have long been trying to secure a pardon from Trump (pretty much after the failed attempt by Trump to convince Comey to DROP the investigation.)

Now, Flynn's lawyers are turning to Mueller for some kind of deal after his plea for immunity was rejected........

Flynn's legal bills are enormous for not a wealthy person.....he is also facing congressional probes AND even a military one that may deny him his pension.....

For Flynn it may be time to abandon his "loyalty" to Trump and save his (and his son's) sorry asses from prison.

I don't know.

I respectfully disagree.........My thoughts are that Flynn's lawyers have long been trying to secure a pardon from Trump (pretty much after the failed attempt by Trump to convince Comey to DROP the investigation.)

Now, Flynn's lawyers are turning to Mueller for some kind of deal after his plea for immunity was rejected........

Flynn's legal bills are enormous for not a wealthy person.....he is also facing congressional probes AND even a military one that may deny him his pension.....

For Flynn it may be time to abandon his "loyalty" to Trump and save his (and his son's) sorry asses from prison.

flynn, it seems to me was desperate as you said, to tell his "story". he's also figured out that mueller is holding back federal charges so if Donald tries to pardon anyone, they can be brought by the state AG's and not be subject to either trump's pardon or to double jeopardy.

flynn, it seems to me was desperate as you said, to tell his "story". he's also figured out that mueller is holding back federal charges so if Donald tries to pardon anyone, they can be brought by the state AG's and not be subject to either trump's pardon or to double jeopardy.

.....and, to sustain what you stated, THAT is why the wily Mueller impaneled a grand jury in the state of Virginia.......ANY pardon from Trump would be additional fodder to the obstruction of justice probe.

I don't know.

That's a plausible scenario, but that's all it is, plausible. It's not that I agree or disagree with your speculation; it's that I know it's speculation. Thus I'm not going to agree or disagree with it.

I respectfully disagree.........

What of what I wrote, and that you quoted in your reply, do you disagree with?

I don't know.

That's a plausible scenario, but that's all it is, plausible. It's not that I agree or disagree with your speculation; it's that I know it's speculation. Thus I'm not going to agree or disagree with it.

Fine....I withdraw my "disagree" statement.......We are ALL speculating at this point based on how these events are being unfolded to the public.

I don't know.

Fine....I withdraw my "disagree" statement.......We are ALL speculating at this point based on how these events are being unfolded to the public.
.I withdraw my "disagree" statement

Okay.

Flynn's lawyers no longer sharing information with Trump's legal team

Jay Sekulow, a member of Trump's legal team, said that the decision to no longer share information "is not entirely unexpected" and shouldn't be seen as an indication of cooperation.

"No one should draw the conclusion that this means anything about General Flynn cooperating against the President," Sekulow added.

Flynn's lawyers no longer sharing information with Trump's legal team - CNNPolitics

Verification from trump's lawyers now. They are trying to spin it

I don't know.

.....We are ALL speculating at this point based on how these events are being unfolded to the public.

Now THAT is the most sensible thing I've seen or heard from the left in a very long time :thup:

It means nothing. It is very common and done to avoid a conflict of interest.

Oh, so, you nitwit, it was NOT a conflict of interest for the previous SEVEN months and it just dawned on Flynn's lawyers a few hours ago that it may be a "conflict of interest"???................LOL

I don't know.

.....We are ALL speculating at this point based on how these events are being unfolded to the public.

Now THAT is the most sensible thing I've seen or heard from the left in a very long time :thup:
Liberals say plenty that is sensible, though the Liberals here do so less than do those who matter. Like many Conservatives here, a good quantity of Liberals here are given to hyperbole, fallacious lines of argument and inference, and improperly qualified remarks. Spend time in the "real world" at symposia, conferences, panel discussions, etc. at which Liberals and Conservatives engage in substantive discourse/debate on "whatever" and one'll hear from both sides plenty that's sensible.

Forum List

Back