Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis?

I have read exactly none of this thread but he seems like a caver, not the spelunker type but one who caves.

DeSantis seems to care. Why elseis he trying so hard to erase them from culture?

Erase?

1679876095491.jpeg

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?

Why would conservatives vote for DeSantis? Cuz he ain't a democrat. Is he going to be anywhere near as fiscally irresponsible as the democrats are? I doubt it.

DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights Really? I kinda doubt that too.

Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?

I don't think so. Let's not conflate conservatives with the GOP, in a lot of ways the Republican Party is not as conservative as they once were. Tell me how DeSantis is using the power of the state to enforce a desired social outcome. Which social outcome would that be? And is DeSantis worse than the democrats at this, or even as bad? I doubt it.

Dear Governor Ron,

Associating with Karl Rove is indeed fatal for me. BYE...

Compromising principles and selling your soul to achieve a desired political outcome? What do you actually stand for then?
Desantis is not like that, sweetums. ;)

Others may be, but Ron Desantis is not.

Skeletor? He's 'bout halfway that way.

Serious question. DeSantis has done more than any other candidate or recent president to increase the power of the state over individual rights and no one seems to care. Is conservative ideology changed in terms of using the state to enforce it’s desired social outcome?
Shortly Constitutional Carry legislation will pass in Florida and get signed into law. No longer will a Floridian have to apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon. DeSantis has been pushing this legislation and it definitely reduces the power of the state over individual rights.

He also has done things like refusing to enforce COVID-19 vaccination requirements for healthcare workers.

In passing, I am all for legislation to teach real history with all its faults not politically correct crap history in our schools and am opposed to teachers grooming very young students to accept the LGBTQIA lifestyles or to change their sex before they even reach the age of puberty.

Said no Democrat ever. We'll fight fire with fire until Dems are wiped out.
Thanks for showing you are not pro American but anti Democrat...

This is why people get shit all from GOP... You are so blinded by your information sources you can't be objective...

The OP's position is fair. Many conservatives are willing to abandon core elements of their values in the fight against liberalism. Liberals do this too of course, but still.

Mostly Coyote is talking about "freedoms" as pertain to children though. As in, hey, maybe don't obsess about your gender when you are the teacher and you hold captive a classroom of second graders. I do not see RDS doing much, if anything, to restrict the freedoms of adults EXCEPT, if they are employed as teachers, they can't use same 2nd grade classroom to wax poetic about whatever gender they are that day/week/month/whatever.

I think that's fair, as a conservative. Most of America does too, including many LGBT folks.

Forum List

Back