Why would a democracy (UK) allow a Communist takeover (of Hong Kong)?

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

I am reading through this, will comment more when done. But it seems very strange.. the UK handing over Hong Kong to the Communist Chinese. I myself have been, in the past, mostly focused on US history and US current events and did not know about this until recently. But in any case, it blows me away thinking that a supposed democracy like the UK would do this..

and now we have to worry about Taiwan..

From the site

China promised that it would allow Hong Kong to remain free and capitalist – the “two systems” – so long as Hong Kong accepted Chinese sovereignty over it (the “one country”). The premise of the policy is that Communist Party laws implemented in Beijing would simply not apply in Hong Kong and Hongkongers would not be subject to persecution by the Chinese judicial system.

How can people be so stupid vis a vis Communism and Communists.. after all the history we know? They trusted Communists to keep their word? Geez

Last edited:
What could they have done to prevent it?
I'm sure they could have done a number of things.. and should have done something, that is for sure. We don't need Communism spreading all over the world.. There is slavery in China, called Cheap labor, which is how they can sell stuff to other countries so cheaply.. very INHUMANE system.

Communism also can claim 100 million murdered by the state. Yeh, sounds like a trustworthy system...

What could they have done to prevent it?
In 1984 the failing British Empire could have just said "no."

There was nothing your country could have done about it. Your country lied that Hong Kong would remain autonomous until 2050 and the coward in the collapsing empire believed that was a long enough time that none of them would shoulder the blame for what would follow.

The globalists demanded Britain bow to your country because they wanted cheap, exploitable labor.

I'm sure they could have done a number of things.. and should have done something, that is for sure. We don't need Communism spreading all over the world.. There is slavery in China, called Cheap labor, which is how they can sell stuff to other countries so cheaply.. very INHUMANE system.

Communism also can claim 100 million murdered by the state. Yeh, sounds like a trustworthy system...
First, communism isn’t spreading anywhere. Second, HK transferred peacefully to China by treaty 25 fucking years ago. China to it’s credit did nothing to HK for many years. Even now it gives a lot of autonomy to HK.

Stop living in the past. It’s not 1950. China is a different country. No country in world history has advanced so quickly. It was the poorest nation in the world in 1960 and now it’s nearly the richest, and did this with the world’s largest population.

I am reading through this, will comment more when done. But it seems very strange.. the UK handing over Hong Kong to the Communist Chinese. I myself have been, in the past, mostly focused on US history and US current events and did not know about this until recently. But in any case, it blows me away thinking that a supposed democracy like the UK would do this..

and now we have to worry about Taiwan..

From the site

China promised that it would allow Hong Kong to remain free and capitalist – the “two systems” – so long as Hong Kong accepted Chinese sovereignty over it (the “one country”). The premise of the policy is that Communist Party laws implemented in Beijing would simply not apply in Hong Kong and Hongkongers would not be subject to persecution by the Chinese judicial system.

How can people be so stupid vis a vis Communism and Communists.. after all the history we know? They trusted Communists to keep their word? Geez
Here's the history of Hong Kong -

Forum List

Back