Why would a black ‘Christian’ like Oprah tell people to vote for lawlessness, chaos and abortion?

Most African Americans view Racism of many Republicans as a deal-breaker.

Most people who are not subject to Racism view Democratic Totalitarianism as a deal-breaker.

Some men view Progressive Misandry as a deal-breaker.

I do not blame anyone.

She seemed so disturbed when she read that endorsement of Monsterman. As if they blackmailed her into it, and they have plenty of blackmail stuff to use on Oprah, don't doubt that for a moment.

She used to refer to Dr. Oz as her son and then this? It stinks like hell.

In my opinion

-- the vast majority of people have more goodness then badness

-- both Political Parties have enormous flaws --> hence I do not blame anyone for rejecting either Party

Most African Americans view Racism of many Republicans as a deal-breaker.

Most people who are not subject to Racism view Democratic Totalitarianism as a deal-breaker.

Some men view Progressive Misandry as a deal-breaker.

I do not blame anyone.
Democrats are the racist.

Democrats voted for Biden who voted for the regional leader of the KKK to lead the senate.

Racism and hate is the Democrat party.

Democrats are the racist.

Democrats voted for Biden who voted for the regional leader of the KKK to lead the senate.

Racism and hate is the Democrat party.
[Robert Byrd had already left, abandoned, the KKK in the 1940s. Served in the Senate for 51 years. Learn history]

In 1982 Byrd changed his mind on the subject of civil rights. He later explained that it was the death of his teenage grandson in a road accident that brought about a change of attitude: ""The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think. I came to realise that black people love their children as much as I do mine."

Try something else to demonize Democrats, Republicans and Independents who do not think like you.

In my opinion

-- the vast majority of people have more goodness then badness

-- both Political Parties have enormous flaws --> hence I do not blame anyone for rejecting either Party
We used to look at bad individuals more than any ethnic and cultural groups although there was some overrun by some people. Now we look at some bad individuals in groups and perhaps blame the whole group as matter of factly by some voters.Our politicians did this. And they corrupted many of our institutions along the way with agendas that blur the loss of real rights while denying it. .

[Robert Byrd had already left, abandoned, the KKK in the 1940s. Served in the Senate for 51 years. Learn history]

In 1982 Byrd changed his mind on the subject of civil rights. He later explained that it was the death of his teenage grandson in a road accident that brought about a change of attitude: ""The death of my grandson caused me to stop and think. I came to realise that black people love their children as much as I do mine."

Try something else to demonize Democrats, Republicans and Independents who do not think like you.
Thats a pretty flimsy excuse to cleanse his record of racism, bigotry and denial of opportunites to anoter race his whole life. The man did not even pay for his crimes. People can change. Some do for convenience.

Doesn’t lawlessness, chaos and abortion plague black communities?
[The question is why all three "plague" the black communities.

Do Republicans do anything much to help the Black community ?

Is the Republican Party really the party which cares about Black people?]

As Republicans seize on crime as one of their leading issues in the final weeks of the midterm elections, they have deployed a series of attack lines, terms and imagery that have injected race into contests across the country.

In states as disparate as Wisconsin and New Mexico, ads have labeled a Black candidate as “different” and “dangerous” and darkened a white man’s hands as they portrayed him as a criminal.

Nowhere have these tactics risen to overtake the debate in a major campaign, but a survey of competitive contests, particularly those involving Black candidates, shows they are so widespread as to have become an important weapon in the 2022 Republican arsenal.

In Wisconsin, where Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes, who is Black, is the Democratic nominee for Senate, a National Republican Senatorial Committee ad targeting him ends by juxtaposing his face with those of three Democratic House members, all of them women of color, and the words “different” and “dangerous.”

Thats a pretty flimsy excuse to cleanse his record of racism, bigotry and denial of opportunites to anoter race his whole life. The man did not even pay for his crimes. People can change. Some do for convenience.
He did not cleanse his record. He changed his behavior, which is something too many people refuse to do.

Here some Republicans today who do not seem intent in changing theirs:

Just days after the shooting in Buffalo, NY, where 10 people were killed when their predominantly Black community was targeted based on a white domestic terrorist’s beliefs that the country is “experiencing an invasion on a level never seen before in history,” Ted Cruz tweeted rhetoric in the same vein.

Here’s Cruz’s tweet: “Over 2 million illegal aliens streamed across the border last year. This is an invasion we’re seeing because Joe Biden refuses to enforce the law!”

We’re a country founded to welcome immigrants. Championing immigration and diverse cultures should be one of our foundational values. Yet the political strategy of criminalizing those who seek asylum and a new life in the United States has been used over and over again. And Texas is often the breeding ground for these xenophobic ideas, weaponizing our country’s history of systemic oppression and racism to pit people against people for votes. It’s why we’ve seen Governor Abbott waste $38.4 million on Operation Lone Star, which National Guardsmen have called an “ineffective use of resources.” Still, he’s taken $500 million from other critical agencies, including the state’s Health and Human Services Commission and the Texas Department of Public Safety for more “border security.”

Just a couple of weeks ago, Abbott said he wanted to challenge the 1982 U.S. Supreme Court ruling requiring states to offer public education to all children–particularly because he thinks undocumented children do not deserve an education. He’ll also assert his power to force births on families rather than allowing people to make the best health care decisions for them.

These actions send a clear message: If you are not white, well-off, heterosexual (the attacks on the LGBTQIA+ community have been rampant as well), or a cis-male, your freedom and safety are seen as a threat.

Politicians like Cruz and pundits like Tucker Carlson, who personally amplified “great replacement” theories in more than 400 episodes of his show, proclaiming that they want to replace you, they want to destroy you,” are pushing hateful rhetoric.

Hatred motivates violence.

In 2019, 23 people were murdered right here in Texas, when another white domestic terrorist opened fire in an El Paso Walmart, motivated by the “Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

In 2015, nine people were killed by a white murderer in their own church in Charleston, NC. Just for being Black.

The list of similar acts of hatred is exhaustive.

The real “invasion” is the violence inflicted on our communities. What American values are being protected when we cannot shop, pray, go to concerts, have a day at the park, go to school, or simply exist, without fear of being shot?

There is no “great replacement.” These theories just illustrate how scared right-wing figures are of the power the people hold to build a nation where we are all equally represented.

Do not give up your power. Keep talking to your friends and loved ones about how racist ideology results in the real loss of life. Tell them that words matter. And show up for yourself at the ballot box every single chance you can.

That is your opinion.

In the 1940's Democrat Robert Byrd got 150 men, freinds of his to join the KKK.

Democrat Robert Byrd, in the 1940's created the local chapter of the KKK.

In 1946 Robert Byrd had this to say about the KKK, if I can paraphrase. Look it up and you can see it is true.

“The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am excited to see its birth here in West Virginia and in all states in the nation.”

It is appalling, given the history of the KKK, a history of terrorizing and murdering black people, that one of the KKK leaders would become a Democrat U.S. Senator, not only a Democrat senator but one elected to lead the Democrats in the senate for many years.

Yes, the 40's saw a beginning of the end of the KKK, yet at that time, the yet to become Democrat Senator actively worked to keep the KKK alive.

Democrats are the racists of this country.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd was a local leader of the KKK, not only a leader but the person that created the local chapter.

That is a fact.

Try something else? How about

Democrat Senator James O. Eastland, we can discuss this racist demicrat senator alone or as a mentor to Democrat presidet Joe Biden

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd was a local leader of the KKK, not only a leader but the person that created the local chapter.

That is a fact.

Try something else? How about

Democrat Senator James O. Eastland, we can discuss this racist demicrat senator alone or as a mentor to Democrat presidet Joe Biden
Right, but the thread is about Oprah supporting Fetterman.

We can leave discussing Racist Democrats, Independent and Republicans to another thread. :)

Forum List

Back