Why Venus is 870 Degrees Everywhere Day or Night

So why is it that Venus gets to pick it's temperature as constant but I have to suffer through the winter?

Where is the universal justice?
We need a super thick atmosphere to moderate the temperature all over the planet day and night.

Our atmosphere used to be much thicker which might explain the dinosaurs and huge insects

When I have a dozen minutes to spare, and wife isn't also listening to an audio book with this computer, I'll catch the video.

Hopefully the main cause is noted as Venus unusual rotation. Wiki excerpt;
All the planets in the Solar System orbit the Sun in an anticlockwise direction as viewed from above Earth's north pole. Most planets also rotate on their axes in an anti-clockwise direction, but Venus rotates clockwise in retrograde rotation once every 243 Earth days—the slowest rotation of any planet. Because its rotation is so slow, Venus is very close to spherical.[121] A Venusian sidereal day thus lasts longer than a Venusian year (243 versus 224.7 Earth days).

One indication is that Venus was flipped, en mass/whole at sometime in it's past, hence the whole planet was turned about 180 degrees on it's rotational axis yet retained some of its initial spin. This could have been due to gravitional pull from a close approach of a rather massive planetary body, perhaps early on in the history of the Solar System, or a more "recent" close encounter event of a rogue body passing through.

When I have a dozen minutes to spare, and wife isn't also listening to an audio book with this computer, I'll catch the video.

Hopefully the main cause is noted as Venus unusual rotation. Wiki excerpt;
All the planets in the Solar System orbit the Sun in an anticlockwise direction as viewed from above Earth's north pole. Most planets also rotate on their axes in an anti-clockwise direction, but Venus rotates clockwise in retrograde rotation once every 243 Earth days—the slowest rotation of any planet. Because its rotation is so slow, Venus is very close to spherical.[121] A Venusian sidereal day thus lasts longer than a Venusian year (243 versus 224.7 Earth days).

One indication is that Venus was flipped, en mass/whole at sometime in it's past, hence the whole planet was turned about 180 degrees on it's rotational axis yet retained some of its initial spin. This could have been due to gravitional pull from a close approach of a rather massive planetary body, perhaps early on in the history of the Solar System, or a more "recent" close encounter event of a rogue body passing through.

Rotational axis has little, if anything at all, to do with it. It's because the atmosphere is so dense.

Note 96.5% CO2(Venus) versus 0.004% CO2(Earth).
Rather large scale of difference there. Especially when combined with atmosphere density factor.
I think it'll be a while before we reach 96% CO2 and we'll never have its dense atmosphere or b3 8n the same orbit as Venus

Forum List

Back