Why there is no such thing as racism against white people

Is this clown and his little act still going on?

I figure he is 17 or so and scared of his future.
I am an Army Veteran in my 20's with a promising future and far more education than the residents of all the trailer parks in Mississippi COMBINED , so shut your mouth

Look junior, the way you spout nonsense and demand that your opinion is fact, reads like late teens. Maybe I'm wrong. Its been a while since I was a teenager. Carter was president.

I am an Army Veteran in my 20's with a promising future and far more education than the residents of all the trailer parks in Mississippi COMBINED , so shut your mouth

Look junior, the way you spout nonsense and demand that your opinion is fact, reads like late teens. Maybe I'm wrong. Its been a while since I was a teenager. Carter was president.
Yeah. Thankfully you right wing old men are dying out, and are beign replaced by diverse, educated, progressive citizens of all colors and creeds R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death

Yeah. Thankfully you right wing old men are dying out, and are beign replaced by diverse, educated, progressive citizens of all colors and creeds R.I.P., GOP: Party of old, disillusioned white people is dying a slow death

You egotistical little jerk. Yes, I am old. But I am not the rightwing enemy you seek. My family has been out there making a difference when you were still just a gleam in your Daddy's eye. My father was in all 3 Selma to Montgomery marches. My mother was in most of teh 3rd. I have marched against racism, bigotry and prejudice numerous times. I have stood with others to effect change. How about you?

Have people of color gotten a shitty deal? Yes, they have. But to claim they cannot be racist is nonsense. And it is even worse that you have to change the basic meaning of a word to make the argument. Level playing field is the goal. Not some mental acrobatics and linguistic nonsense to make a ridiculous point.

You egotistical little jerk. Yes, I am old. But I am not the rightwing enemy you seek. My family has been out there making a difference when you were still just a gleam in your Daddy's eye. My father was in all 3 Selma to Montgomery marches. My mother was in most of teh 3rd. I have marched against racism, bigotry and prejudice numerous times. I have stood with others to effect change. How about you?

Have people of color gotten a shitty deal? Yes, they have. But to claim they cannot be racist is nonsense. And it is even worse that you have to change the basic meaning of a word to make the argument. Level playing field is the goal. Not some mental acrobatics and linguistic nonsense to make a ridiculous point.
Yes, I support the leveling of the playing field. That is why we need reparations, affirmative action, and police reform in order to overcome the history of abuse, and the handicap that abuse has caused to people of color, for the last 400 years.

And no, people of color cannot be racist. For the last time, racism requires institutional privelege and power, and only white people have either. YOU are the one trying to change the definition of the word "racism" from what it really is.

Progressives are against your ilk as well....

Yes, I support the leveling of the playing field. That is why we need reparations, affirmative action, and police reform in order to overcome the history of abuse, and the handicap that abuse has caused to people of color, for the last 400 years.

And no, people of color cannot be racist. For the last time, racism requires institutional privelege and power, and only white people have either. YOU are the one trying to change the definition of the word "racism" from what it really is.

" racism requires institutional privelege and power" Where do you get this?

" racism requires institutional privelege and power" Where do you get this?
4 'Reverse Racism' Myths That Need To Stop | Huffington Post

7 reasons why reverse racism doesn't exist

This Comedian Brilliantly Destroys the Myth of “Reverse Racism” in Less Than 3 Minutes

Why there's no such thing as "Reverse Racism"

Everybody who has actually suffered from racism knows that racism requires power and privelege to exist. The webster dictionary or oxford dictionary definition was written by old white men who had never experienced racism, making their "definition" invalid.

Your morals don't decide whose definition of racism is valid. I don't care who was a victim of what, the dictionary is still the place where you go for the definition of English words, which "racism" is. You remember English, right? That language created by old white men that we all happen to be speaking? If you want to make your own word that means racism perpetuated by people with institutional privilege, have at it, but there exist people who believe that a person's race makes them superior or inferior regardless of their individual attributes, and those people come in all shapes, sizes, colors, sexes, genders, subgenders, -kins, and what have you. The fact that those people exist and are prevalent enough for most of us to have observed them at least periodically justifies the existence for a term to represent them. That term is "racist". I get that racists who wield institutional power are more impactful than racists who don't, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have a term at all for the latter. Thus, GET YOUR OWN WORD! I don't care if you feel like being a victim gives someone the authority to decide our language, that doesn't mean that it does. Please push past your narcissism long enough to acclimate yourself to the FACT that your personal moral values don't dictate reality.

Also, how can you non ironically dismiss someone else's source as invalid for being a known right wing website when you're referencing the Huffington Post? Is the right wing the only wing that biases?

Can I just be honest and say I don't give a flying fuck about the problems of black people, who in my opinion, are to blame for most of their own problems.

Asian people don't have these problems because they work hard, make good money, and their kids work hard and get good grades in school.

When I went to university, the libraries and computer science labs were always full of Asian students working while the whites, blacks and Hispanics were out on the lawn throwing a frisbee.

If anyone has the right to complain it's Asians, because affirmative action programs actuallly discriminate AGAINST them even more than whites.
I don't recall us having a system of enslavement and then legal segregation against Asians in this country. It matters.

Can I just be honest and say I don't give a flying fuck about the problems of black people, who in my opinion, are to blame for most of their own problems.

Asian people don't have these problems because they work hard, make good money, and their kids work hard and get good grades in school.

When I went to university, the libraries and computer science labs were always full of Asian students working while the whites, blacks and Hispanics were out on the lawn throwing a frisbee.

If anyone has the right to complain it's Asians, because affirmative action programs actuallly discriminate AGAINST them even more than whites.
I don't recall us having a system of enslavement and then legal segregation against Asians in this country. It matters.
As an Asian American, I hate it when white people try to use us as pawns in their racist lies

As an Asian American, I hate it when white people try to use us as pawns in their racist lies
Yeah, Asians are the teacher's pet, for sure.

Asian American?

Filipino American?

Japanese American?

Vietnamese American?

Chinese American?

Korean American?

You wrote your family were here in Texas and in the Military which I am going to guess you might be Filipino American or Vietnamese American which if you are you need to quit while you can...

Today white society does not use the Asian American society as pawns in any racist lies.

White America in today time owes you nothing and if you believe they do or that I owe you something, well I will give it to the Native American Tribes before I ever give you one damn dime...

Until your society has had it lands stolen and your people were genocide then no one and I mean no one owes you a damn thing in life!

Blacks owned slaves in this part of the world and Native Americans were slaves... Irish, Chinese and Italians were mistreated during the slave days and yet do you see any of them with their damn hand out asking for the white society to pay them for the injustice they suffered?

Also maybe you should look at today society and realize slavery still thrives today with sex slaves and cartels holding illegals captive until they pay their fee to the cartel.

Filipino's are brought in to work Message parlors while young Hispanic girls are forced to work at bars, motels and nightclubs...

You claim racism can not happen because minorities lack the infrastructure or power but that is total hogwash nonsense!

Racism happen daily and it is seen and because you are too childish to admit it is no one problem but yours!

You write about the injustice of white society and yet to address the crimes committed onto those within their own race...

You see evil when you see any white person enjoying life because to you they should suffer for what someone did back in the 1850's or 1950's and yet you do very little to raise those that are suffering from the poverty they live in.

You have no clue what life is about and as you sit behind your device telling everyone how white society is evil and should be forced to pay and is racist, well then pay because one damn thing is for sure your family was never slaves in this country and America owes you nothing!

People of color do not have any power or privilege in this white dominated society. This is shown by the fact that people of color are FAR more likely to be sentenced to prison while whites get off on plea deals for the same exact crimes.
Nonsense.

The President of the United States is a "person of color." Blacks inhabit every sector of American society which reflects power in proportion to their population percentile. There are Blacks in the Congress, there are Black mayors, Black council members, Black executives at all levels of government, there are Black police officers, Black military officers -- including the general grade, there are Black doctors, Black lawyers, Black university professors, Black bankers, Black financial executives -- and there is an annually increasing number of Black millionaires.

As for more Blacks going to prison, how many of them are not guilty of the offenses they have been charged with? I will say this, however; there are too many individuals, Black and White, serving time in prisons for drug offenses -- a fact which reaches the level of administrative insanity. If the utterly counterproductive War on Drugs were ended a substantial percentage of Black prison inmates would be reduced.

Are proportionately more Blacks than Whites arrested for drug offenses? Yes. And the reason is they commit more drug offenses than do Whites.

Racism requires power and privelege to exist.

People of color do not have any power or privilege in this white dominated society. This is shown by the fact that people of color are FAR more likely to be sentenced to prison while whites get off on plea deals for the same exact crimes.

Sure, there may be a few rich people of color in this country, but even the richest African American in the US still gets racially profiled by police. Even Senator Tim Scott (who is a Republican, by the way) has openly talked about being profiled by police for his skin color. Even President Obama, back when he was a senator, used to see people lock their car doors as he walked by, showing that people of color in all walks of life still face plenty of hate and discrimination.

Because racism requires power and privelege, and since whites are the only racial group with institutional power and privelege in this country, only whites can be racist. Saying that racism against whites exists is like saying 2 plus 2 equals 800. It's just not factually possible.

And don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary about what their definition of racism is. These dictionaries were written by old white men who never experienced racism in their lives, and therefore should not be trusted to provide an accurate, unbiased definition of the word.

"Even President Obama, back when he was a senator, used to see people lock their car doors as he walked by,"

You really believed that BS?? that was a performance

Sure, there may be a few rich people of color in this country, but even the richest African American in the US still gets racially profiled by police. Even Senator Tim Scott (who is a Republican, by the way) has openly talked about being profiled by police for his skin color. Even President Obama, back when he was a senator, used to see people lock their car doors as he walked by, showing that people of color in all walks of life still face plenty of hate and discrimination.

Because racism requires power and privelege, and since whites are the only racial group with institutional power and privelege in this country, only whites can be racist. Saying that racism against whites exists is like saying 2 plus 2 equals 800. It's just not factually possible.

And don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary about what their definition of racism is. These dictionaries were written by old white men who never experienced racism in their lives, and therefore should not be trusted to provide an accurate, unbiased definition of the word.

In my professional life, I have worked for 3 companies that were owned or run by blacks. That gave them power over a number of people. While the numbers to not compare to national averages, your "racism doesn't exist" is obviously nonsense.

I do like that you added the "don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary". That is hilarious. But words DO have meanings. And you can't throw out the standard definition just because it does not fit your claims.

Racism is not about power. While power allows you to act on your hatred, it is not a requirement. Just because someone has no power, you cannot claim they do not hate someone based solely on race, without even knowing them. And THAT, kind sir, is racism.
Even if a person of color owns a business, they still suffer from institutional racism and are hurt by police profiling, and the fact they had to work twice as hard just to get where they are than any white person with a silver spoon born in his mouth. THerefore, even if a person of color is a CEO, they still do not have institutional power, and cannot be racist.

In my professional life, I have worked for 3 companies that were owned or run by blacks. That gave them power over a number of people. While the numbers to not compare to national averages, your "racism doesn't exist" is obviously nonsense.

I do like that you added the "don't try to give me any bullshit from the oxford dictionary or webster dictionary". That is hilarious. But words DO have meanings. And you can't throw out the standard definition just because it does not fit your claims.

Racism is not about power. While power allows you to act on your hatred, it is not a requirement. Just because someone has no power, you cannot claim they do not hate someone based solely on race, without even knowing them. And THAT, kind sir, is racism.
Even if a person of color owns a business, they still suffer from institutional racism and are hurt by police profiling, and the fact they had to work twice as hard just to get where they are than any white person with a silver spoon born in his mouth. THerefore, even if a person of color is a CEO, they still do not have institutional power, and cannot be racist.
Bullshit. Anyone has to work twice as hard as anyone born with a silver spoon in their mouth. A lot of profiling is done for a reason. In the 70s we were stopped by the cops because we had long hair and it was assumed we had drugs. Look at the crime stats, a lot of the street crime is committed by black people. Today the cops have good reason to be cautious, look at the cop killings. To hate people simply because of their race is racism. Your posts are invalid.

ChairmanGonzalo is a Communist who is parroting the Communist line, so trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with a pineapple plant.

[...]

[...]
The profiling of Blacks is the direct result of the War on Drugs.

The federal government subsidizes the anti-drug activity of every police department in the U.S. Briefly stated, the more anti-drug activity a police agency demonstrates the more money (and/or equipment) that agency receives from the federal government. Because it has been statistically determined that the percentage of Black motorists who are carrying illegal drugs is substantially greater than that of Whites, police are thereby motivated (by government money) to profile Blacks. It's not "racism." It's money!

As for people locking their doors, etc., when Blacks walk by, even Jesse Jackson has openly stated he feels more comfortable when the footsteps behind him on a dark street come from a White man. The simple fact is the vast majority of violent street crime is perpetrated by young Black males. So it's not "racism." It's a statistical fact.

Bottom line: What is your definition of the word "racism?" Not the dictionary's definition -- yours. And do you agree that if a dozen people are asked to submit their personal definition of that word there would be very few closely similar submissions? Try it and see. (I once heard a young Black caller to a radio talk show say her father is "racist" against cats.)

White people who live in Japan recount a racist experience.
That it quite true -- as any White (or Black) person who has lived in Japan will attest.

The Japanese people always have been exceptionally insular and exclusive, which I believe they have a right to be. It's not because they feel superior or because they feel other ethnicities are inferior, it's simply because they prefer the company of those who are most like them -- which is a natural inclination.

Yeah, Asians are the teacher's pet, for sure.

So a teacher's pet is generally understood to be someone who kisses the ass of the teacher to achieve an elevated status. It's the non racial version of calling someone a house n*gger.

What I wonder is if you're actually intending to imply that Asian people are kissing the asses of the white "teacher" identity (read intellectually superior authority), or if this was some sort of Freudian slip, because from where I'm sitting, this looks like a convenient confirmation of the growingly common hunch that many democrats are just white supremacists with guilty consciences.

Also, despite the portion of my heritage that is Chinese, I'm not offended by your overt racism, accidental or not. I do find you fucking hilarious, though :)

Forum List

Back