Why the "slam dunk" statement was made...

Iraq was a huge mistake and you cannot polish that turd enough to make it not a mistake. Even the Republican candidates are running away from defending that fuck up. Even among them the consensus is that they would not have went if they knew what they know now. Even trying to make it seem like an honest mistake requires massive history revision that only a total dumb-ass would attempt or believe.

Tell me in one sentence why you are unhappy that 2.8 million kids that would have starved are still alive if the Liberation of Iraq had not happened?
Quit calling it the "liberation of Iraq" as if we did them any favors. I do not know where you got your figures (and I don't really care) but it is conjecture, we have very real figures of dead, missing and displaced native Iraqis and damage to their country that is a direct result of our war there. We fucked the place up so bad it cannot be fixed until they get tired of killing each other. Saddam was a fucking evil bastard who needed to be deposed but he was not fucking his country up as badly as we ended up doing. We didn't do them any favors at all. Everything is worse, quit trying to justify it on those grounds.

God, you Monday morning quarterbacks are so totally pathetic. You have the luxury of hindsight, something Bush never had. He had to deal with what was presented to him at the time, by people he trusted.

Yea these idiots NEVER NEVER made any executive decisions in their lives!
They seem to forget that 2.8 million children are alive today that if it weren't for the
Liberation of Iraq they would be dead today and who knows how many more millions
if Saddam were still in power.
Words have meaning and when these traitors spoke these words the bad guys used them
to kill more of our good guys!

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,
NOTE: Do you not believe the terrorists LOVED to hear our troops were cold blooded killers???

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

Iraq was a huge mistake and you cannot polish that turd enough to make it not a mistake. Even the Republican candidates are running away from defending that fuck up. Even among them the consensus is that they would not have went if they knew what they know now. Even trying to make it seem like an honest mistake requires massive history revision that only a total dumb-ass would attempt or believe.

Tell me in one sentence why you are unhappy that 2.8 million kids that would have starved are still alive if the Liberation of Iraq had not happened?
Quit calling it the "liberation of Iraq" as if we did them any favors. I do not know where you got your figures (and I don't really care) but it is conjecture, we have very real figures of dead, missing and displaced native Iraqis and damage to their country that is a direct result of our war there. We fucked the place up so bad it cannot be fixed until they get tired of killing each other. Saddam was a fucking evil bastard who needed to be deposed but he was not fucking his country up as badly as we ended up doing. We didn't do them any favors at all. Everything is worse, quit trying to justify it on those grounds.

God, you Monday morning quarterbacks are so totally pathetic. You have the luxury of hindsight, something Bush never had. He had to deal with what was presented to him at the time, by people he trusted.

The neocons had their sights set on Iraq long before 9/11 or Bush was elected. They found the info they sought after incriminating Saddam in whatever they needed to incriminate him for. It was all a stage.

In fact, however, George Tenet, George W. Bush's CIA director, assured the President that the case for Saddam possessing WMD was “a slam dunk.” In this assessment, Tenet had the backing of all fifteen agencies involved in gathering intelligence for the United States.
"We do not have any direct evidence that Iraq has used the period since Desert Fox to reconstitute its WMD programs"

-George Tenet, 2/07/2001

Interesting, though the intelligence estimate was published in 2002, and that statement tenet made was before 9/11. You should know by now that evidence changes.

They seem to forget that 2.8 million children are alive today that if it weren't for the
Liberation of Iraq they would be dead today and who knows how many more millions
Words have meaning and when these traitors spoke these words the bad guys used them

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

NOTE: Do you not believe the terrorists LOVED to hear our troops were cold blooded killers???

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

I'm sure the images of Abu Ghraib helped them along too.

The neocons had their sights set on Iraq long before 9/11 or Bush was elected. They found the info they sought after incriminating Saddam in whatever they needed to incriminate him for. It was all a stage.

How come you commiecrats never go after all your reps that voted for the war, were they just too fucking stupid to know what was going on or did they believe the intel just like Bush? You call Bush dumb and stupid, why is it you never talk about all your folks like that, you know the ones that voted FOR the war? In reality you're nothing but hypocrites and you would have defended your dear leader or Clinton to the death had they gone into Iraq with the same intel.

In fact, however, George Tenet, George W. Bush's CIA director, assured the President that the case for Saddam possessing WMD was “a slam dunk.” In this assessment, Tenet had the backing of all fifteen agencies involved in gathering intelligence for the United States.
"We do not have any direct evidence that Iraq has used the period since Desert Fox to reconstitute its WMD programs"

-George Tenet, 2/07/2001

Interesting, though the intelligence estimate was published in 2002, and that statement tenet made was before 9/11. You should know by now that evidence changes.
Especially when it is manufactured.

How come you commiecrats never go after all your reps that voted for the war, were they just too fucking stupid to know what was going on or did they believe the intel just like Bush? You call Bush dumb and stupid, why is it you never talk about all your folks like that, you know the ones that voted FOR the war? In reality you're nothing but hypocrites and you would have defended your dear leader or Clinton to the death had they gone into Iraq with the same intel.

We elected Obama, remember? The guy who opposed the war long before it began.

You're like a retarded version of Sean Hannity.

That's a lie. The case to go to war was systematically crafted by the Administration in one of the most elaborate propaganda schemes ever carried out.

That's a lie. The case to go to war was systematically crafted by the Administration in one of the most elaborate propaganda schemes ever carried out.

Prove it! And until you do, YOU ARE A traitor and hated Iraqi children enough to let them starve
today because you loved Saddam so much and hated America and our troops!
You are a traitor and a liar as well as a person NO one would ever trust!

I'm sure the images of Abu Ghraib helped them along too.

ABSOLUTELY! NO question about it!
And you idiots along with the MSM take one situation and made it sound like it was being done
ALL the time EVERYONE was doing it and everywhere!
YES those images blasted out because it HELPED Democrats and hurt America DID encourage
more terrorists!
That's why the above statements as YOU agree HELPED the enemy and killed our troops!
FACT:
Eleven U.S. soldiers were convicted of crimes relating to the Abu Ghraib scandal.
Seven of those were from Maryland-based 372nd Military Police Company. A number of other service members were not charged but reprimanded.
AND yet you traitors make it sound like the entire military was involved!
GEEZ you idiots are really disgusting!
Eleven out of the half a million troops in and out of Iraq and you idiots HELPED kill more US
troops by gross exaggeration and blowing way out of proportion!
How stupid!

Prove it! And until you do, YOU ARE A traitor and hated Iraqi children enough to let them starve
Wow, you woke up mean and stupid this morning, the Bush administration's actions concerning "faulty intelligence" and their over-the-top rhetoric is not in dispute by anyone. They wanted 9/11 to have been an Iraqi plot so badly that they collected every bit of intelligence, no matter how "faulty" and used it.

Actually we did
Cost Hillary the presidency and one third were voted out

Why haven't republicans done anything other than double down on a bad decision

Wow, you woke up mean and stupid this morning, the Bush administration's actions concerning "faulty intelligence" and their over-the-top rhetoric is not in dispute by anyone. They wanted 9/11 to have been an Iraqi plot so badly that they collected every bit of intelligence, no matter how "faulty" and used it.

PROVE IT!
I've provided sources and quotes so why can't you?

Because you depend on exaggeration, out right lies and of course you have the greatest
ally, the MSM in your corner supporting your gross exaggerations!
Remember the old newspaper adage "if it bleeds it leads"!
Why did the MSM change the term from "Liberation of Iraq" when the Democrats were
so adamant about removing Saddam... Then when GoP /GWB put to deeds the words ... the MSM called it "INVASION"!!
C) What was the "1998 Liberation of Iraq" Act signed into law by Clinton?
The 1998 Liberation of Iraq authorized by Congress' Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling .
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.
In spite of that Saddam allowed In five years 576,000 children to starve BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children U.N. Reports - NYTimes.com

PROVE IT!

Because you depend on exaggeration, out right lies and of course you have the greatest
Why did the MSM change the term from "Liberation of Iraq" when the Democrats were
so adamant about removing Saddam... Then when GoP /GWB put to deeds the words ... the MSM called it "INVASION"!!
The 1998 Liberation of Iraq authorized by Congress' Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling .
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.
In spite of that Saddam allowed In five years 576,000 children to starve BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
Sorry dude but history has made it's judgement on the Iraq war, you might as well be trying to deny the holocaust.

I think it's hilarious that there are still right wingers out there trying to make the Iraq fuk-up not look like a GOP disaster...

They find some an old press release that solders discovered old unstable mustard gas canisters that we helped Saddam develop in the late 80s and they say..."AHA! WE DID FIND WMD!"

That should be embarrassing to them, but it isn't...*facepalm*

PROVE IT!

Sorry dude but history has made it's judgement on the Iraq war, you might as well be trying to deny the holocaust.
The lamest excuse is that everyone was buying the intelligence

Obama didn't

Neither did France, Germany, Russia, Italy, Japan or even Canada

All urged bush for more time. But bush was the decider

PROVE IT!

Obama didn't

Inspectors were on the ground, and Bush's incompetence and "recovering alcoholic" influenced impatience drove us into the most disastrous "nation building' venture the United States has ever attempted.

PROVE IT!

Obama didn't

Inspectors were on the ground, and Bush's incompetence and "recovering alcoholic" influenced impatience drove us into the most disastrous "nation building' venture the United States has ever attempted.
Bush saw his opportunity to invade fading away

That is why he needed to invade quickly before it could be proved there were no WMDs

Your argument that we had to go to war in Iraq to bring dead children back to life is one of the looniest every.

Forum List

Back