Zone1 Why the rosary is a most important prayer/meditation all Christians should say daily

Sometimes when I read certain scriptures that are warnings about deception...I think to myself: God knew in advance exactly what would happen in the future that necessitated those very specific clear warnings.
so not surprisingly I am once again confused by the way you word things

Are you saying Fatima was not real? And if you are not saying that, you should check your words better before Reply-ing

because that is what you seem to be saying, that Fatima was not real

I've never been a Catholic but I want to tell you what it looks like sometimes from someone on the outside. The Church has so many rules and rituals and extra-biblical sacred texts that all seem to be required in some way to qualify for the great upstairs that it sometimes seems as if the purpose of human life is not growing strong, learning wisdom, starting a family and raising the children that will replace us, but to be a wee cog in some machine whose only purpose is to stroke the divine ego

I've never been a Catholic but I want to tell you what it looks like sometimes from someone on the outside. The Church has so many rules and rituals and extra-biblical sacred texts that all seem to be required in some way to qualify for the great upstairs that it sometimes seems as if the purpose of human life is not growing strong, learning wisdom, starting a family and raising the children that will replace us, but to be a wee cog in some machine whose only purpose is to stroke the divine ego
This kind of opinion of the Catholic Church is exactly what happens when people refuse to investigate it, but only believe what some Protestant minister or other person says about it.

Have fun being ignorant

OK, first there is Fatima 1917 when the Virgin appeared to the 3 children who were shepherding sheep.

She told them to pray the rosary for sinners who are on their way to Hell, which according to my information is 99% of the human race.

She told the one boy, can't recall his name, that he would/could also go to Heaven like the others, but that he would "have to pray many rosaries"

Wow... If even a CHILD has to pray many rosaries to get to Heaven--!

How much more imperative is it that we adults do so?
The only way to the father is through the son, period!

Can I get a loop recorder and put myself on there doing my very best and most sincere Rosary and then play it, like 3,000 times a day, every day for the rest of my life? Will that work?

If not, why not?
Can a recording meditate on Jesus' life 3,000 times a day as well as play back your voice?

The Fatima "Mary" apparition promotes and honors itself, which is not what the real Mary would have done, and is yet another clear clue that it was a deception. ("I desire here a chapel in my honor to be built, that people continue to recite the Rosary every day
Hits the nail on the head. The angel of light, Satan, would rather have your eyes on beads, and Mary, and statues, than on our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Now poor Mary is showing up on pumpkins and toast and...

Last edited:
so not surprisingly I am once again confused by the way you word things

Are you saying Fatima was not real? And if you are not saying that, you should check your words better before Reply-ing

because that is what you seem to be saying, that Fatima was not real

No, I wasn't saying that there wasn't an apparition. I believe that something actually DID appear, but it wasn't Mary. I was replying to someone who brought up 2 Corinthians 11:14. I know that you won't like to hear this, and you might get angry, but there is a lot of clear evidence that the Fatima apparitions were deceptive spirits, and that is precisely what the enemy does....deceives people by pretending to be something it is not, as 2 Cor. 11:14 states.

Hits the nail on the head. The angel of light, Satan, would rather have your eyes on beads, and Mary, and statues, than on our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Now poor Mary is showing up on pumpkins and toast and...
1705095630491.jpeg

Here's the Pope:
1705095843791.jpeg

A wicked and adulterous generation demands a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” Then He left them and went away

Sometimes when I read certain scriptures that are warnings about deception...I think to myself: God knew in advance exactly what would happen in the future that necessitated those very specific clear warnings.

I think the scripture you brought up is a perfect example of that.

Reportedly, the "apparition of Mary" in Fatima fit that "like an angel of light" description in the 2 Cor. 11 warning to a tee:

"The Virgin Mary appeared to the children on May 13, 1917 as “a lady dressed in white, shining brighter than the sun, giving out rays of clear and intense light,” dos Santos wrote. She promised to come to the children on the 13th of each month."

So, by their own admission, the rosary with beads custom at least partially originated from an apparition to three children in Portugal.

Here's what we have so far:

1. Jesus specifically said do not pray in a repetitious / chanting type of way. (Matthew 6:7)

2. God specifically said do not pray to those who have passed on. (Deuteronomy 18:11-12)

3. Prayer beads have a pagan background, they have always been used by pagan and other false religions.

4. The Bible clearly says that there is only one mediator between God and man; Christ Jesus. (1 Timothy 2:5)

5. We are specifically warned to test the spirits, because satan himself can masquerade as an angel of light ( 1 John 4:1, 2 Corinthians 11:14)

6. The "apparition of Mary" reportedly promises salvation to those who embrace it (source) which clearly goes against the scriptures.

7. The Fatima "Mary" apparition promotes and honors itself, which is not what the real Mary would have done, and is yet another clear clue that it was a deception. ("I desire here a chapel in my honor to be built, that people continue to recite the Rosary every day." source)

So, when put all together, for me it is truly amazing to see what I clearly see as such a massive deception, continuing to mislead millions of well-meaning people. But more than just amazing, it is very disturbing, because so many people are so deeply invested / committed to Catholicism that they will vehemently defend this tradition, and argue away all the points I brought up, instead of looking at the history and facts in an objective way, putting truth first, above any allegiance to a particular church or denomination.

The response to that will likely be "but it's harmless, so why does it matter to you?" Well, here's the thing. False teachings can and often do lead to other false doctrines, so it's not entirely harmless... it has a sort of domino effect. That is why TIR is absolutely correct when she stated that on threads like this she will correct what is false, because that is one of the things the scriptures are for. (2 Timothy 3:16) And I don't think I'm alone in not liking to see anyone misled...that is part of caring about others, not wanting to see people misled.

Thanks for reading this long post, and I hope that if anyone disagrees with it, they will clearly show how it is wrong, and refute it using the scriptures...in a civil way. I have to give Meriweather props for that, she is usually civil, even when there is strong disagreement between her and us non-Catholic Christians.
If you say the bible says apparitions are from Satan, how do you explain the appearance of Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration?

Prior to the 1500s all Christians believed in The Rosary, but then a few mortal men decided the Rosary as well as other core teachings of the RCC were no longer valid. Why would you rely on the word of fallible mortal men, some of whom like Martin Luther, changed the rules to accommodate his own desires (as when he got married)?

If you say the bible says apparitions are from Satan, how do you explain the appearance of Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration?

Prior to the 1500s all Christians believed in The Rosary, but then a few mortal men decided the Rosary as well as other core teachings of the RCC were no longer valid. Why would you rely on the word of fallible mortal men, some of whom like Martin Luther, changed the rules to accommodate his own desires (as when he got married)?

I never said that all apparitions are from satan, those are your words, not mine. I was talking about that particular apparition.

And that is absolutely false that all Christians believed the rosary. According to Catholics themselves, it wasn't even born til the 1200's and didn't become popular til the 1500's. You are implying that it existed from the start, which is not true, but prayer beads certainly did exist among pagans and other false religions.

No, I wasn't saying that there wasn't an apparition. I believe that something actually DID appear, but it wasn't Mary. I was replying to someone who brought up 2 Corinthians 11:14. I know that you won't like to hear this, and you might get angry, but there is a lot of clear evidence that the Fatima apparitions were deceptive spirits, and that is precisely what the enemy does....deceives people by pretending to be something it is not, as 2 Cor. 11:14 states.
In this instance, you two are hilarious. Let's rewrite the story according to your "research".

Satan appeared to three Catholic Children and told them he was Mary. He told the kids they should begin praying the Apostles Creed, the Lord's Prayer and then give Glory to God. After that they were to meditate on the life of Jesus, beginning with the Angel's greeting to Mary before she conceived. He also wanted the children to ask that a church to worship God be built right there.

Quite a transformation of Satan. Maybe you are saying all his sins--past, present, and future--were washed away when Jesus died and he is now righteous no matter how he behaves? And...what say you. As the Catholic Church as performed exorcisms, are you saying that Mary, not demons, was exorcised, because according to your research the Catholic Church cannot distinguish between Mary and demons?

According to Catholics themselves, it wasn't even born til the 1200's and didn't become popular til the 1500's.
Basically, you are saying Catholics should not have meditated on the Bible or the Gospels before the printing press made them more widely available. Then you double down saying even if Bibles are now available, Catholic meditations of the Bible and the Gospels should still be frowned upon.

Nothing of the kind. Everybody should meditate on the Bible and the Gospels. Who is suggesting otherwise? Buttercup never said that. I never said that.

Thinking that Mary is popping up all over the place is a bit much.
You believe the children. So did Salem.

Wouldn't you be wiser to believe scripture?

Isaiah 8:19-20 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?​

Deut. 10-11There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead

1John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world​

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light​

Was the kid's apparition tested?

No. They cannot. This is what happens when you bow down to stone statues

An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign
According to the Bible, Catholics do not bow down to stone statues, or any kind of artwork, and nor do they seek after a sign. The Sign of the Cross is all the sign needed.

What does puzzle me is the great need non-Catholics seem to have to fabricate Catholic beliefs and practices when Catholics and Orthodox follow the entire Bible and Apostolic Traditions more meticulously than any other Christian sect. A much better case could be made that Catholics/Orthodox take the Bible and Apostolic Traditions much too seriously and that they should lighten up.

Thinking that Mary is popping up all over the place is a bit much.
You believe the children. So did Salem.
Have you read the reports from all sides (not made by children or even Catholics) about the events of Fatima? These are nothing like Salem which I also know quite a bit about as I have ancestors who lived there.

Again, Fatima is considered a private revelation and people can credit it or not as they choose. But at least read up on both Fatima and Salem before trying to toss them in the same kettle. They are like oil and vinegar--they don't mix.

Forum List

Back