Why the Roman Catholic Papacy is viewed by many as the 1st Beast of Revelation Chapter 13

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
The prophecies and dreams of Daniel the Prophet are very fascinating regarding this topic. After Israel was carried away captive into Babylon, The King of the Babylonians, Nebuchadnezzar, took of the Hebrews who had wisdom, understanding and knowledge to be advisors in his court. Among them was Daniel.

Nebuchadnezzar had a dream and would not tell anyone the dream but sought for his advisors to tell of the dream he had and then give the interpretation. Many asked the king to first tell them the dream and then they would tell him the interpretation. The King, knowing they could give him any interpretation refused to tell them the dream but required them to tell him what he dreamed about first and then give the interpretation thereof. The King became distraught when they would not give him the dream and interpretation and decided to put to death those who were his advisors. Daniel asked for some time to find out the dream and interpretation. He then prayed and the Lord revealed both the dream and the interpretation to the King's dream. This is the account according to scripture:

Daniel 2:31-49

31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32 This image’s head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.

49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

Nebuchadnezzar dreamed of an image that was divided into four sections. The head of Gold, the arms and breasts of silver, the belly and thighs of brass, and the legs and feet of iron whose toes were part iron and part miry clay. Each of these sections are interpreted as kingdoms and the head of Gold is interpreted as Nebuchadnezzars kingdom or the Babylonian kingdom. The other kingdoms are successive kingdoms which come after Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom. Daniel beheld another kingdom ( a stone) that was cut out of the mountain without hands. This kingdom eventually smote the feet of the image and broke it into pieces. The three kingdoms that succeeded Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom were the Medo-Persian Empire, the Greco-Macedonian Empire, and then the Roman-Holy Roman Empire.

This dream by Nechadnezzar and Daniel will tie into future dreams and visions of Daniel.

(To be continued)

Nebuchadnezzar's successor in the Babylonian Empire was Belshazzar and in his first reign as King, Daniel had another dream that was very much like the dream he had of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. This is the dream and interpretation according to scripture:

Daniel 7:1-28
1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.
5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.
6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

In this dream, Daniel see four beast which are very similar to the four sections of the Image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. The Lion would be the same as the head of gold or the Babylonian Empire. Daniel lived to see the Babylonian Empire overtaken by the Medo-Persian Empire which, in this case, is represented by the Bear and is also represented by the two arms and breasts of the Image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream. The Leopard would be the same as the belly and thighs or the Greco-Macedonian Empire. Alexander was its first King and after his reign the kingdom was divided into four. Thus the four wings of a foul and also four heads. The dreadful and terrible fourth beast with ten horns which is represented in Nebuchadnezzar's dream as the legs and feet with ten toes represents the Roman-Holy Roman Empire. From the book, "The Time of the End" by Francis M. Darter, he writes that "regarding the ten horns or ten toes, historian Scott tells us: 'It is certain that the Roman empire was divided into ten kingdoms; and though they might be sometimes more and sometimes fewer, yet they were still known by the name of the ten kingdoms of the Western Empire.'
John, the apostle, writing about these things in A.D. 96 says: 'And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings which have received no kingdom as yet,' etc. (Rev 17:12). They were the Huns, Franks, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Suevi, Burgundians, Heruli, Visigoths, Lombards, and Saxons.
The Hon. Robert Shaw, M. A., says: 'Concerning those 10 kingdoms, Sir Isaac Newton remarks that, 'Whatever was their number afterwards, they are still called the 10 kingdoms from their first number' (p.35). He also quotes Whiston, Bishop Newton, Bishop Lloyd, Machiavel, and Sir Isaac Newton as all confirming the ever continuance of those original 10 divisions since the fall of the Roman Empire (p.38). He also confirms that the 'Little Horn' that ruled over these 'ten' was the 'Pope' (p.37). (Historical Origins and Historical Critiques, Robert Shaw, M. A., 1892 Ed. Revised, "Prophecies of Daniel").

The Little Horn (the Pope) subdued 3 of the original 10 kingdoms. These were the Heruli, the Vandals and the Ostrogoths. They were destroyed between 483 and 539.

The Ancient of Days in some faiths is thought to be Christ. LDS believe that the Ancient of Days is none other than Adam, aka Michael the Arc Angel. This was revealed to Joseph Smith. We know it isn't Christ because according to verse 13 in the above verses, one like the Son of Man comes to the Ancient of Days. Thus Christ comes in Clouds of heaven and meets with the Ancient of Days. The Kingdom of our God and Christ will overtake the kingdoms of this world. In Nebuchadnezzar's dream this is the stone that was cut out of the mountain without hands. In other words it was a kingdom not created by mortal man but by God himself. The fulfillment of this prophecy will be at the second coming of Christ.

(to be continued)

Yes and all these kingdoms Rome just waltzed through the open front door without insurection because they did so behind the guise of religion.
Both the Papacy and their false prophet fit Rev 13 but both also fit Ezekiel 28 son of perdition.
Maybe both on purposr since the image was created by the Roman authority so Rome speaking behind the mask of the icon is really one in the same.

In the third year of the reign of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel has a vision and then gives the interpretation thereof. He states that this vision is "after that which appeared unto me at first". Thus the vision was connected to the one he previously had.

Daniel 8:2-27
2 And I saw in a vision; and it came to pass, when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in a vision, and I was by the river of Ulai.
3 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.
5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.
7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.
8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.
16 And I heard a man’s voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.
17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.
27 And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king’s business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.

In this vision, Daniel sees a ram with two horns. This ram represents the kingdom of the Medes and the Persians (see verse 20). He sees them increasing their kingdom. He then sees an He goat come out of the west which had a single horn upon his head. This he goat represents the kingdom of Grecia and its horn represents the first king (see verse 21). The first king of Grecia was Alexander the Great. He destroys the Medo-Persian Empire and after the death of Alexander the Greco-Macedonian Kingdom was divided into four kingdoms of Macedonia. We then see a little horn which represents the Roman-Holy Roman Empire. Verse 10 and 11 states that the Romans:

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

The martyrdom of most of the apostles and the persecution of the Christians was carried out by Rome. They even crucified the Lord himself and in 70 AD they destroyed the temple in Jerusalem. The Roman Empire eventually transformed into the Holy Roman Empire. In the end, this Holy Roman Empire will stand up against the Prince of princes (Jesus Christ) but will be broken without hand. Again we see the phrase "without hand". In the first dream this indicated that a stone was cut out of the mountain 'without hand'. In other words the kingdom of God would not be established by man alone but through God himself. In this usage, the fourth and last kingdom would be destroyed not by the armies of man but by God himself.

(to be continued)

Last edited:
In the end, this Holy Roman Empire will stand up against the Prince of princes (Jesus Christ) but will be broken without hand. Again we see the phrase "without hand". In the first dream this indicated that a stone was cut out of the mountain 'without hand'.

(to be continued)

1) Dagon was a fishman god, an idol with a broken off hand. Notice the papacy outfit the fishead miter hat, the scales on the robes, the insense censer the fishman ring the Pope wears.
2)Dagon was Baals Father
3)Baal was the father of the morning star
-rev 22:16 Jesus hence why they never name the father.

But anyway, serious and pertinant question:
did you support or oppose the Iraq war?

Ironic considering that without the Catholics there wouldn't be a Revelations. Was very nearly excluded from the Canon.

This brings us to Revelation Chapter 13. These are the first nine verses which are strictly about the First Beast.

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

In verse 1 we read that this beast is a ten horned beast the same as the fourth beast of Daniel 7

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Also verse 7 above is the same as Daniel 7:21

Daniel 7:21

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Revelation 13:7

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Notice that it is the little horn in Daniel 7 that is being referred to.

Francis M. Darter writes, "History reveals that one hundred million martyrs paid the supreme sacrifice for seeking and trying to live up to the principles of the light and liberty of the Gospel."(See Buck's "Theological Dictionary" art., Persecution; Dowling's "History of Romanism"; Fox's "Book of Martyrs"; Wylie's "History of Protestantism"; "The Great Red Dragon" by Anthony Gavin, formerly a priest; "Scott's Church History"; "Outlines of Ecclesiastical History" by B.H. Roberts - The Apostasy; Geddes's Tracts on Poery; View of the Court of Inquisition in Portugal, p.446;Limborch, vol.11 p.289)

If I was a Protestant, I think I would still reject your tone of hostility against the Catholic Church.

We are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

In these days when so many Christians are being martyed for their fate, it is high time that Protestants and Catholics bury the shovel and cooperate to help persecuted Christians in the Middle East and the Communist countries.

It is not my purpose to turn lay protestants against lay catholic members but only to point out what scripture and history has revealed about the Papacy and those in that church who promote or carry out the evil, many who are now in high leadership within our own country.

It is not my purpose to turn lay protestants against lay catholic members but only to point out what scripture and history has revealed about the Papacy and those in that church who promote or carry out the evil, many who are now in high leadership within our own country.
All I hear from you is blah, blah, blah. All these debates between Protestants and Catholics have been going on for 500 years, and we are no closer to solving them than we were 500 years ago.

Governments used to kill people who took up a version of Christianty that was different from the governments' approved version.

Our country was founded by people who fled religious persecution and decided that the religious wars were over. The Founding Father believed that no religion should be established as an official religion, and put that in the First Amendment.

But some people can't give it up. They quote the Bible at you to try to persuade people that Catholics worship idols and pray to Mary as a goddess.

It's enough. The more important issue is what's happening to both Protestants and Catholics in the Middle East, Africa, Cuba, and Communist China. We should be working together to help those Christians, not fighting amongst ourselves.

If you do not like the message there is always a feature called, "People you ignore" under the username/icon at the top right of the page. You are welcome to use it. If you want to read my posts, that is your choice but I will not go off on a tangent simply because you deem my message to be of no value. I see it as the primary crisis of the world.

good day.

I found this video on youtube that I thought excellent in explaining what I he written about:

Both the Papacy and their false prophet fit Rev 13

Yes, but according to rev 13 the identity of the beast and the number of his name, 666, only fits the description of one man, Solomon, who was paid a yearly stipend from the temple treasury of six hundred and sixty six talents of gold, (the only other time in the entire Bible that number is mentioned) not including tributes, taxes, and tolls levied from the corrupt religious/political system that he started and modeled after Egyptian religious cultic animal sacrifice and political mind control practices which penned in and fleeced the population for life.

The very same corrupt and barbaric Temple worship system that you can't wait to start again, which places the mark of the beast right in the middle of your forehead.

Hobe,
who had more then one head (converged character)
mistakingly called the lamb when that is a bad thing on passover? Had coins with his image that had rows of numbers equalling 666 and Arabs were not allowed to buy or sell without his coin? Who tiday uses cross & fish in trade papers & signs &yellow pages so people know to buy and sell with others who have the mark of death (the cross)?
you said it here:
"Yes, but according to rev 13 the identity of
the beast and the number of his name, 666,
only fits the description of one man"

father & son are 1 (because they are the same mythology)
means "Baal Jesus"=666 in ascll numerology (baal also means lord in Hebrew)

Where were you when I posted this many times?
In Hebrew numerics: "ROMIITH"=666 means the Roman Kingdom which instituted the
66 books of man(6) known as the
"Holy Bible"=666 in ascll numerology
created by "the Roman Man"=666
under AsVatican( the Vatican)=666
through the Roman one world religion
"Vaticanas"(Vatican Unity movement)=666
Creating the group called:
Catholics=666
using the idol son of baal as one in the same mythology
thus the number of his nsme Baal Jesus=666 in ascll numerology used to secret #'s from names.

The video I posted previously is not the video I wanted to post. Here is the video I intended to post on my last post:

This video shows us more about the little horn and the 3 kingdoms he subdued out of the 10 kingdoms.

I would have greater fear of Mormons reaching a high level of leadership in our nation than Catholics. Catholics have several millenniums of politics and leadership imbedded in their practice. Mormons, they can't get past the idea that they are not nor ever will be Gods/Goddess.

The prophecies and dreams of Daniel the Prophet are very fascinating regarding this topic. After Israel was carried away captive into Babylon, The King of the Babylonians, Nebuchadnezzar, took of the Hebrews who had wisdom, understanding and knowledge to be advisors in his court. Among them was Daniel.

Nebuchadnezzar had a dream and would not tell anyone the dream but sought for his advisors to tell of the dream he had and then give the interpretation. Many asked the king to first tell them the dream and then they would tell him the interpretation. The King, knowing they could give him any interpretation refused to tell them the dream but required them to tell him what he dreamed about first and then give the interpretation thereof. The King became distraught when they would not give him the dream and interpretation and decided to put to death those who were his advisors. Daniel asked for some time to find out the dream and interpretation. He then prayed and the Lord revealed both the dream and the interpretation to the King's dream. This is the account according to scripture:

Daniel 2:31-49

31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32 This image’s head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters’ clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

46 Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.

48 Then the king made Daniel a great man, and gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief of the governors over all the wise men of Babylon.

49 Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king.

Nebuchadnezzar dreamed of an image that was divided into four sections. The head of Gold, the arms and breasts of silver, the belly and thighs of brass, and the legs and feet of iron whose toes were part iron and part miry clay. Each of these sections are interpreted as kingdoms and the head of Gold is interpreted as Nebuchadnezzars kingdom or the Babylonian kingdom. The other kingdoms are successive kingdoms which come after Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom. Daniel beheld another kingdom ( a stone) that was cut out of the mountain without hands. This kingdom eventually smote the feet of the image and broke it into pieces. The three kingdoms that succeeded Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom were the Medo-Persian Empire, the Greco-Macedonian Empire, and then the Roman-Holy Roman Empire.

This dream by Nechadnezzar and Daniel will tie into future dreams and visions of Daniel.

(To be continued)

Catholicism is not the first beast--the clues of Daniel prove what it is.
Catholicism = 2Thess 2:3( part of Babylon the great)

The first beast--7 heads--each representing the 7 world powers of all time( showing the 7th is the final world power) 4 listed in Daniel 7--each given the mark of a beast--then the roman empire--the british empire--the two horned beast. 10 horns--a horn = a kingdom--thus 10 kingdoms= a place where kingdoms gather.--the one that was( league of nations) and is not( done away with after ww2( death stroke) and yet is( death stroke got healed= the united nations.
the two horned beast= the final world power--( Eagle-Lion)excercises all authority( resolutions) of the first beast in the world, cannot buy or sell( sanctions), makes fire( destruction) come down out of the heavens( bombs, missiles)

there you have what is the reality the world has been watching it pass before their eyes, yet its as Jesus said it would be--- As in the days of Noah( 99% mislead) the world took no note.

Forum List

Back