Why should Political Organizations Be TAX FREE?

Since they make no profits anyway, then why the need for 527's at all.............

They are organizations.........If they spend what they take in to political campaigns and can document every cent of it, then they show no profit whatsoever...............

Which would make it Non taxable anyway...................

So why do we even need the IRS 527 anyway..................

Finally, why should those that donate to these 527's get a write off for donating.............

I'm no lib. Not even close..............But I see the Lobbyist and so called non profits buying and selling politicians just like the rest of the country.............After seeing the attacks by the IRS on Conservative groups, I'd just assume take the IRS completely out of the equation...........They would no longer be deciding who gets tax free status anymore...............It's gone...........It's done..........

No more favoritism either side..............Both sides have abused this in our history............

Just end it and be done with it.

I'd thank you for this post but for one factual error. The IRS didn't target conservative groups alone - they enforced the law on the wide spectrum of political groups. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me and I'll offer my mea culpa.

Old news...............the IRS has admitted to this and now is attempting to redefine the 501c4's......................Saying it's the fix............

We will remain on opposite sides of the spectrum on this issue. I believe they deliberately attacked these groups............Nothing has changed in that aspect......

I'm simply looking for a fix.........End the dang thing all together................End the 527 form and stop trying to redefine it...............And let the chips fall as they may.

Only an idiot or a lying scumbag would believe they DIDN'T target the Conservative groups.

The problem is this....... Unions don't pay taxes and they contribute more campaign funds than ANYBODY in the world. Next is the Trial Lawyers association. Next is the grass roots movement among dimocraps.

So if you cut off ALL of it, from Unions on down, who gets to tell you what's-what in this world?

Take a guess?

Try, "The DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media" That's who.

The vast majority of money we spend is to counteract the lies and half-truths from those scumbags.

Remember Dan Rather and Mary Mapes? Dewd, those are just the ones we CAUGHT!!!

Know how many more petit lies are told every day by these scum to promote the dimocrap party?

How about this..... We outlaw ALL campaign money except direct contributions to the parties themselves IF we can outlaw CBS, ABC, NBC, pMSNBC, CNN, and every other TV and Radio Broadcast besides Fox News.

Also, we outlaw every Newspaper and Magazine in the Country except for the Wall Street Journal.

No?

Then forget it. It ain't gonna happen. Besides, the Supreme Court has already ruled, umpteen times, that political money is Free Speech and can't be impinged.

You take away Republicans' efforts to raise money and all that's left is the media. dimocraps already out-spend us 2 to 1 in every election plus they got the fucking media in their hip pocket.

Plus, and this isn't as widely known, but DIRECT MONEY from the Party itself gets a HUGE advantage in TV Ad Buying. Like about 2 to 1. And dimocraps always, always have more of that than we do. That's why they have twice the ads on TV that we do EVERY election cycle.

We're already at a severe disadvantage and you want to make it worse?

Thanks. Thanks a pantload

Let's just have a one-party state, why not?

THINK about it. Think hard.

I see the far left wants a certain group to pay taxes, but does not seem to be for tax exempt corporations like Unions to pay taxes.

Not to mention Blue Cross Blue Shield is a non-profit insurance company, but the far left wants to take down this "evil" entity.

I'd thank you for this post but for one factual error. The IRS didn't target conservative groups alone - they enforced the law on the wide spectrum of political groups. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me and I'll offer my mea culpa.

Old news...............the IRS has admitted to this and now is attempting to redefine the 501c4's......................Saying it's the fix............

We will remain on opposite sides of the spectrum on this issue. I believe they deliberately attacked these groups............Nothing has changed in that aspect......

I'm simply looking for a fix.........End the dang thing all together................End the 527 form and stop trying to redefine it...............And let the chips fall as they may.

Only an idiot or a lying scumbag would believe they DIDN'T target the Conservative groups.

The problem is this....... Unions don't pay taxes and they contribute more campaign funds than ANYBODY in the world. Next is the Trial Lawyers association. Next is the grass roots movement among dimocraps.

So if you cut off ALL of it, from Unions on down, who gets to tell you what's-what in this world?

Take a guess?

Try, "The DISGUSTING FILTH in the Lame Stream Media" That's who.

The vast majority of money we spend is to counteract the lies and half-truths from those scumbags.

Remember Dan Rather and Mary Mapes? Dewd, those are just the ones we CAUGHT!!!

Know how many more petit lies are told every day by these scum to promote the dimocrap party?

How about this..... We outlaw ALL campaign money except direct contributions to the parties themselves IF we can outlaw CBS, ABC, NBC, pMSNBC, CNN, and every other TV and Radio Broadcast besides Fox News.

Also, we outlaw every Newspaper and Magazine in the Country except for the Wall Street Journal.

No?

Then forget it. It ain't gonna happen. Besides, the Supreme Court has already ruled, umpteen times, that political money is Free Speech and can't be impinged.

You take away Republicans' efforts to raise money and all that's left is the media. dimocraps already out-spend us 2 to 1 in every election plus they got the fucking media in their hip pocket.

Plus, and this isn't as widely known, but DIRECT MONEY from the Party itself gets a HUGE advantage in TV Ad Buying. Like about 2 to 1. And dimocraps always, always have more of that than we do. That's why they have twice the ads on TV that we do EVERY election cycle.

We're already at a severe disadvantage and you want to make it worse?

Thanks. Thanks a pantload

Let's just have a one-party state, why not?

THINK about it. Think hard.

My point is just ending the IRS involvement in the situation. End the classification of 527's. Parties will still get funding as usual. Both sides. If they are for non profit and make no income they will not be taxed anyway. Thus ending the debate on targetting altogether.

Both sides raise money, and will continue to do so. Right now we have the IRS redefining the whole dang thing. The new definitions may not be the best for us as well.

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...ons-on-candidate-related-political-activities

This document contains proposed regulations that provide guidance to tax-exempt social welfare organizations on political activities related to candidates that will not be considered to promote social welfare. These regulations will affect tax-exempt social welfare organizations and organizations seeking such status. This document requests comments from the public regarding these proposed regulations. This document also requests comments from the public regarding the standard under current regulations that considers a tax-exempt social welfare organization to be operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare if it is “primarily” engaged in activities that promote the common good and general welfare of the people of the community, including how this standard should be measured and whether this standard should be changed.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R., Calif.), who has spearheaded the congressional investingation into the IRS’ targeting of Tea Party groups, called the guidance “a crass political effort by the administration to get what political advantage they can, when they can.”

“The regulation released today continues [the administration's] unfortunate pattern of stifling constitutional free speech,” Issa said in a statement.

The current changes that the IRS are proposing could do the very thing we are worried about. By changing the definitions, they can practically change the rules and not allow certain groups to get Tax Free Status...................

Should they pass.

Related question: why in a time when religions are meddling in politics and business (selling things for 'suggested minimum donations') are they still tax-exempt? If they wanna shape policy, and sell things for profit, let em pay taxes like everybody else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back