Who Says Obama Hasn’t United the Country?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Who Says Obama Hasn’t United the Country?

Yesterday the Obama administration suddenly moved to allow hundreds of thousands of people who’ve lost their insurance due to Obamacare to sign up for bare-bone “catastrophic” plans. It’s at least the 14th unilateral change to Obamacare that’s been made without consulting Congress.

“It shows that the Obamacare insurance products aren’t selling so, at the last minute, the administration is holding a fire sale on a failed launch,” says Grace-Marie Turner of the Galen Institute, a health-care advocacy group. “Just think how you must feel if you were one of the people who spent the last two months fighting their way through HealthCare.gov to buy a policy that will be thousands of dollars more expensive than this catastrophic insurance!”

Of course, like every other exemption from Obamacare the latest fix is supposed to last only a year, raising the prospect that people will be kicked off their catastrophic coverage as soon as the 2014 election is safely in the political rear-view mirror.

The fact that no one really knows just how Obamacare is doing (the administration is hiding the numbers) or where it’s going (it’s like an impressionistic painting in progress) may explain the public consensus that’s developed behind delaying its implementation. This week’s Fox News poll found Obamacare to still be a polarizing issue with 53 percent of respondents wanting it repealed and 41 percent wanting to keep it. But then this question was asked: “Setting aside how you feel about the law, do you think implementation of it should be delayed for a year until more details are ironed out, or not?”

It wasn’t even close. More at the link...

Who Says Obama Hasn't United the Country? | National Review Online

I was one that was critical of the president for dividing the country. I now take it back. I never thought he could bring this country together in such a short time ! Kudos to you, sir!

Actually, the president didn't do this all by himself. The Democrats passed the bill, the president placed Kathleen Sebelius in he position to manage this piece of art, and still has her competent ass in place. The president is as, you say "tweaking" some may say changing the law without permission from congress, but that's such a common matter these days, who's noticing...; Yes. I would say it was a combined effort between both the president and Congressional Democrats.

Let's let them know how much e appreciate their hard work in 2014 and 2016...Shall we? :D

Actually, the president didn't do this all by himself. The Democrats passed the bill, the president placed Kathleen Sebelius in he position to manage this piece of art, and still has her competent ass in place. The president is as, you say "tweaking" some may say changing the law without permission from congress, but that's such a common matter these days, who's noticing...; Yes. I would say it was a combined effort between both the president and Congressional Democrats.

Let's let them know how much e appreciate their hard work in 2014 and 2016...Shall we? :D

That should be a no brainer...but there are lots of no brainers on the other side...standing...in the line...to the trough.

Forum List

Back